©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Those dumbbells on the preacher are the money lifts for me at the end. Lightweight and controlled! Let me know how it works out. You should be able to get those bi's do sore and pumped you won't want to train them again for at least 7 days

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
What up fellas? I <3 turbo lol I gotta be consistent or my girl will kick my ass haha

Nice little back workout today... I should be on a cruise, but I am just not ready mentally for it. I am a little sore and achy, but I made a promise to myself to get a certain "look" I am going for and I added the size but now need to refine it... (keep in mind, my definition of size it to be the heaviest bantamweight I can be...so I'm not looking to be massive right now)

so my workout:
one arm landmine rows 4 sets of 8 and let my back expand on the eccentric
Underhand BB rows 4 sets of 12
Meadows Stretchers 4 sets of 12
Superset of Underhand Pulldowns 4 sets of 8 and straight arm pulldowns 4 sets of 12
Seated Machine rows 4 sets of 12 with triple drop sets: last set was a rest-pause drop set

Not a ton of volume but all of my exercises were performed with maximal intensity and I was completely fatigued afterwards. With hitting back twice per week I feel this volume is more than adequate.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Glad to see everyone here. This is the place where we can come have a laugh or two, get and give some on-the-job training advice, and when necessary, bitch about something we need to unload! LOL

T- I do remember those good UG days!

Hit shoulders and traps today. Just what I needed to fight some stress happening in my world.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Today did back and tri's excellent workout. I have had two workouts two days in a row where I haven't been able to lift my arms high enough to shave the face or head lol.

And yes turbo I remember the good ug days before it all went to shit but I'm glad we have this place now and I'll become more regular here in this thread. Anyways have a great one bros
P

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Cool we got some newcomers here..stick with us as its great to bitch and moan. I do..lol..

Brick..yessir my man.you keep doing as you do and strength will conquer our weaknesses..

Leg day
Cardio warm up 20 min
Iso leg ext
Seated hammy
Laying hammy
Duel leg next
Squat bitches. My light aren't flickering at the 375 level for reps so I'm on to something..lol still shit oxygen levels post sets
Hack squats ..hit them good 4 plate a side 5 rep no spotter..I do so much better if I get a tiny bump out of bottom..or is it psychological..lol.
Calves. Seated and standing
Adductor and abductor work for the sweet potato stretch..
Foam roller and out the door..see u tomorrow mateys..

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Cool we got some newcomers here..stick with us as its great to bitch and moan. I do..lol..

Brick..yessir my man.you keep doing as you do and strength will conquer our weaknesses..

Leg day
Cardio warm up 20 min
Iso leg ext
Seated hammy
Laying hammy
Duel leg next
Squat bitches. My light aren't flickering at the 375 level for reps so I'm on to something..lol still shit oxygen levels post sets
Hack squats ..hit them good 4 plate a side 5 rep no spotter..I do so much better if I get a tiny bump out of bottom..or is it psychological..lol.
Calves. Seated and standing
Adductor and abductor work for the sweet potato stretch..
Foam roller and out the door..see u tomorrow mateys..

Do you ever fuckin sleep I'm talking to u all day on here talking shit back and forth.

All seriousness aside sounds like a killer leg workout
P

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Nice work everyone! I got to sleep in to day! Its a rest day. Have to rest harder than you train. LC have you tried any of those lift yet? IB never sleeps!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Do you ever fuckin sleep I'm talking to u all day on here talking shit back and forth.

All seriousness aside sounds like a killer leg workout
P

He's a fucking yeti... he's gotta stay awake to avoid poachers and shit. Go back to your hole you fucking Sasquatch! :love1:

Ridiculous swole session for my little pea shooters lol Almost the same as I always do for my arm session but swapped dips for reverse close grip smith bench. All supersets as usual...

SS1: Machine 1-arm curls 4 sets doing the 6/4 technique mentioned earlier w/ Triceps rope pressdowns 4 sets of 12 with a pause at the peak contraction

SS2: Hammer Curls 4x12 w/ reverse CG smith bench 4 sets of 10 but after I hit 10 I did regular CG bench for as many reps as posible

SS3: Incline Bench DB Curls 3 x 12 w/ Freemotion triceps extentions 3 x 12 (these are like cable skullcrushers)

SS4: Kettlebell slider Curls 3 x 12 w/ EZ Bar Overhead extensions 3 x 12

SS5: BB curl 40's but after I hot 40 reps i did drop sets until I was down to 20lbs w/ Triceps cable Overhead Extension rest-pause drop set all the way down the stack

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I was up at 6am . My wife and I had my little choo choo (grandaughter) overnite and she is under the weather a bit.
Getting ready for a serious arm session. Good seeing the new guys in here.
Thanks phoe I thought I was the only one noticed mr insomnia himself! lol.
AA I wanted to mention something. Not to be a know it all but i have really been around /at this thing so long now. You mention meadows methods frequently.
I look at various hi profile trainers systems and pretty much know what is good and what is recycled. Many of LM'S ways I learned on my own over many years in the gym. Honestly I think Meadows is an absolute genius in
training methodology. That guy has really got it coverd . GREAT trainer.
I have huge respect for his system. Anyway I'm off to get it on with some
heavy metal................ T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I was up at 6am . My wife and I had my little choo choo (grandaughter) overnite and she is under the weather a bit.
Getting ready for a serious arm session. Good seeing the new guys in here.
Thanks phoe I thought I was the only one noticed mr insomnia himself! lol.
AA I wanted to mention something. Not to be a know it all but i have really been around /at this thing so long now. You mention meadows methods frequently.
I look at various hi profile trainers systems and pretty much know what is good and what is recycled. Many of LM'S ways I learned on my own over many years in the gym. Honestly I think Meadows is an absolute genius in
training methodology. That guy has really got it coverd . GREAT trainer.
I have huge respect for his system.
Anyway I'm off to get it on with some
heavy metal................ T

T, I agree with you for the most part and many thing I learned on my own before I started following JM's stuff (various rep ranges, angles, techniques, intensifying shit...) but some of the more specific stuff I got from him lies in the order of exercises, execution techniques and some of his unique exercises...

I do feel the need to give credit where credit is due because if I take ideas from his website, making claim that they are my own would be dishonest.

Get to it T!

bigtime

Aug 24, 2013
in the woods
Im going in for shoulders nd trapps today...

Seated military barbell press
Seated military dumbell press
Dumbell front raises
Dumbell side laterals
Dumbell reverse fly
Plate loaded machine shrugs
Barbell upright rows
I may throw in calves today also, im not sure untill i get there...

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! Do you meatheads know by age 90 sleeping 8 hours a day u lost 30yrs!!! So. I run on 6 full blown hours then no stop ,put out fire for people ,then have to skool u guys. .sheesh..

Shoulders thurs
I'm in a groove and a halo fog..
Blasted delts till they had to grease the entry door frame to let me out...
Keep tossin guys ..u may be me someday.... :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Ib, 6 hours? You sleep too much bro....

Hit chest this AM and the lady and I are hitting legs tonight...

Chest was pretty fun. Lots of tension exercises...

Nautilus Incline Press worked up to 4 sets of 8 with partials but did each rep from a very deep starting position and slow negative

Incline Hex press/Fly Combo 4 sets of 10 on these suckers

Constant Tension BB Incline Bench 4 sets of 8 - Held a one sec pause aout an inch off my chest and didn't lock out. Concentric was explosive and eccentric was slow as molasses

Smith Narrow Grip Decline Bench 4 sets of 12 - did each rep trying to push my hands together on the bar and really flexed the chest

Incline Db Flys 4 sets of 12 with partials and a drop set

I'll probably be back on here on Monday... have a little weekend getaway planned but if we are bored I'll hop on my phone...

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Shredded the shoulders today and did some tri's too

Seated military presses 5x12 superset dips to warm up the tri's
Standing side lateral raises 5x12 superset skull crushers(my favorite for triceps) they were swol
Front lateral raises 5x12 superset push downs
Shrugs 5x20 superset reverse push downs
Shoulders are pumped and tri's are blasted!! 30 minutes cardio and out of there. Happy Friday everyone!!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
hit the guns today. Alternated bi's with tri's non-stop for 45 minutes. Lots of cable work today, then to dumbbells supersets with nose crushers. I didn't crush my nose, so I must be a sand-bagger.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Did shoulders and legs today killed my legs cuz I only do em maybe every other week cuz they are the fastest growing muscle on my body and I hate having to buy bigger pants lol. Started warmup set with leg extensions 3 sets then 5 sets if squats and back to leg extensions for probably 8 sets and last but not least did 6 sets of leg curls. Definitely feel the burn

Shoulders were decent instead of bb or db I used the hammer strength machine for overhead presses got 3 plates per side but very low reps so dropped back down to 2 so I could get 12+ first set going up I got 20 tells u how much strain it put on my shoulders dropping back down. Also did some raises front and side. And last but not least did some shrugs

Enjoy your weekend I'm off again tomorrow gotta train the ole lady and then chest and bis Sunday. I should add the weeks I don't do legs I do arms together and separate. Just something new I've been trying here for the past few months and working out quite well. Maybe its time to switch it up again? But still making excellent gains so........