©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anyone ever had a problem with alcohol?

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Your absolutely right, I got some things I definitely need to workout, I don't need to be perfect but there are some issues that need addressing and I'm doing that, today was a good day.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You are doing great. One day at a time. Put your focus and energy in the gym and eating clean. Set goals of what you want to look like. Recognize those times and triggers that make you want to have a drink and when they come up, you already know what will happen and do something else. Anything. With bingeing, one drink opens the door. Don't think you can hold it at one because you already know what it leads to. On top of everything, booze is a depressant. The next day is actually more shitty than it would have been sans booze.

I went through a really rough patch in my life 20 years ago and tried to escape with a half a bottle of Jack Black every night. Then you get tired of feeling like shit and you can see that nothing good is coming out of that, ever. Then it gets to be time to put the bottle down and put yourself first and feeling good about yourself. That's when even better things happen for you.

Its OK and quite normal to be imperfect. Everyone and everything is.

Last edited:

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
Thanks brick, yeah the weights a vital to my not just my sobriety but my sanity in general! It's cool too because I've just been lifting how ever I want, like I used too, doing what ever exercises and reps I want, it's been such an uplift getting back in there!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yep! Those weights not only have physical benefits but they also have mental benefits too!

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
It's been what seems like an eternity so I wanted to give an update since I received such an amazing ammount of support from all of you! So it's been about 6 months, haven't had a drop of booze, learned alot about myself, who I am, how I see myself, and who I working to become. Life is pretty, not perfect, but really solid. I've got a great group of family and friends that support me. I've got a pretty decent new job, doesn't pay as good as jobs I've had in the past, but the people I work with are just great and I had wicked health insurance, always a good thing lol. Gym time has been a lil sporadic, finally got my diet down, and a some consistent training, I'm on my fourth week, just starting to get back to where I was physically, still stronger then most guys lol just down in mass. I started cycling again, some t400 with some 300mg equipoise every 7 days, feeling gooood! Gonna run this this for four weks, then swith to Decca and a different test 4 weeks, then just run DBOL 4 weeks, side note I've never run DBOL ever so I'm super excited to do it! Hard to believe in all my years of running gear I've never run dbol, but it's true! So anyways, hope all you are well, safe happy, and killing it with the iron!

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Glad to hear you are on a solid and happier path brother. Also, one where you have direction and are focused in the right direction. I'm very happy to hear this. And those people who are supporting you in your life right now are no doubt the ones you need to keep around and of course lean on if/when things get tough.

Keep us updated. Good bros hear looking out for each other.

And let us know how that cycle goes!!! Best of luck on it!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I'm glad you posted up- great to hear your doing good.1 day at a time.
I have been 12 years with out a drink. I wanted a drink a few weeks ago when I hurt my self -then I read this post - think you saved me man.
Great to hear you are doing good
Please keep it up.
If you ever feel the need for it - just go to the gym - get on a cardio machine and get on here on your phone and don't have that drink till you talk to us

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Forgot to add - you will love the dbal
For the T400 - get rid of it - I know so many people that have had so many problems emotionally with t400.
Seen some great guys go crazy and do crazy shit on it.
I I try to stay with cyp or Enentate - the blends put me in a tail spin bad
Just my 2 cents

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
Glad to hear you're doing well. Alcohol doesn't pair well with bodybuilding. If you have an addictive personality you just have to focus your energy on positive and productive things. Stay strong.