©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2025



arms training

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
534
0
0
didn't know where the best place to post this would be. When you bro's do arms do you do bi's then tri's (or the opposite) or do you do 1 exercise bi's, then 1 tri's and so on?

Had a big discussion about this in the gym tonight. Once I'm back on gear I'm going to do arms twice a week.
 
I usually do my bi's before tri's. I just feel like I get more out of it that way. I'm sure you could do bi's and then tri's durring the rest, that would save a lot of time.
 
IMO....i would do the push/pull method of training..........i wouldnt have a separate day for arms........do bi's on back day.......after your back routine, your bi's already have had a nice workout..........i have a shoulder/tri day however......muscles mainly grow from signals your body sends.......doing compound exercises like rows, squats, deads and bench tell the smaller muscles to start growing because the big ones are.....if you have a separate day for chest, shoulders, and tris, that is 3 days where you are working your triceps.........not good
 
wolfyEVH said:
IMO....i would do the push/pull method of training..........i wouldnt have a separate day for arms........do bi's on back day.......after your back routine, your bi's already have had a nice workout..........i have a shoulder/tri day however......muscles mainly grow from signals your body sends.......doing compound exercises like rows, squats, deads and bench tell the smaller muscles to start growing because the big ones are.....if you have a separate day for chest, shoulders, and tris, that is 3 days where you are working your triceps.........not good

This is what i do also.
 
My main goal next cycle is to add 1" to my arms. You've seen my pic, my chest and lats are big for the rest of my body - but IMO my arms need to grow.

My brother just started going to the gym. Funny b/c for years we were the same size. Measured his arms tonight @ 14.5" (up from 14!) I remember when I first started lifting I was in that range too =)