©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Egg Yolks, Yes or No?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Well a cup is about 25 grams.
That's usually what I use.
Ocassionally I'll use two cups if I'm low on protein powder

Maybe I need to check my math. I figured up 8oz of whites was roughly 60 grams of protein. I wish they would just list the nutritional I go on them in ounces instead of tablespoons. Some of us are mathematically challenged.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I go thru two dozen whole jumbo organic eggs a week and thevlast health fair I worked I had my total cholesterol checked and it was 168...they said anything under 200 was good...there were people saying they basically vegitarians scoring over 200

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I go thru two dozen whole jumbo organic eggs a week and thevlast health fair I worked I had my total cholesterol checked and it was 168...they said anything under 200 was good...there were people saying they basically vegitarians scoring over 200

I don't think the cholesterol and fat in a whole egg is as bad as we've been told. I did make a switch to turkey bacon with my eggs though. My wife's trainer told her no regular bacon, which essentially means no bacon for Chris either.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
At times I eat 1 dozen whole eggs per day. After 2months of eating commercial eggs, my lol was high at 196. I switched to local free range chickens and had it checked 2 months later and it dropped to 136. What they are fed has a profound affect on their nutritional value, much like grass fed beef.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
At times I eat 1 dozen whole eggs per day. After 2months of eating commercial eggs, my lol was high at 196. I switched to local free range chickens and had it checked 2 months later and it dropped to 136. What they are fed has a profound affect on their nutritional value, much like grass fed beef.
I have a flock of hens at home for eggs. Not sure if it's cheaper or not but I do like their eggs over regular commercial eggs

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Love whole eggs. Fantastic protein profile too, very bioavailable. How good is that?

kshtiji

Banned
Oct 22, 2014
I always prefer eggs white and i used to eat 8 to 10 eggs white but not a single yolk no doubt yolk 3 6 9

Last edited: