©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Egg Yolks, Yes or No?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Every morning, I eat a half dozen eggs with sprinkled cheddar cheese on them. My wife started eating one whole egg and two egg whites. Should I follow what she is doing or keep on with my whole eggs? I tried one whole egg and five egg whites, no cheese. She added tomatoes, onion, etc to em. They were ok, but no where near as satisfying as regular eggs and cheese. Gimme your thoughts. Thank you for your input....

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
The yolk has all the nutrients. Eat them just make sure they are farm raised cage free and local.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Its not an egg without the yolk. I used to do the egg whites and I felt the same as you. They r just OK. I don't see why you need to change?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
The yolk has all the nutrients. Eat them just make sure they are farm raised cage free and local.

These this eggs come from own flock of hens. Their not caged and I guess organic. They live in a large, uncrowded coop. They eat laying pellets and what ever bugs and insects that they can catch. Collect the eggs every afternoon.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
These this eggs come from own flock of hens. Their not caged and I guess organic. They live in a large, uncrowded coop. They eat laying pellets and what ever bugs and insects that they can catch. Collect the eggs every afternoon.
Sweet. Living in the city sucks.

GnarleyDemon

Jul 6, 2014
Yes. It's healthful. Proven. Mostly omega 6,3,9 anyway and 10% of a balanced diet needs to be saturated anyway. High in good cholesterol.

GnarleyDemon

Jul 6, 2014

Sounds awesome, although the term organic requires lots of standards to qualify legally speaking. Definitely better than store bought though!

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I have my own chickens but have tried both ways and like everybody else here they weren't as good with out the yolks and I didn't see any difference on my cholesterol or body fat so I just stick to 5 soft eggs , a lot more satisfying

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I prefer eating all the yolks, but when I eat eggs. I usually have two or three whole Omega three's and a cup of liquid whites.

That's ten or 15 grams of fat. Plenty for me unless I'm really trying to bulk.

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
I typically do 1/4 whole eggs when i do scrambled eggs and I prefer it that way. I'll do 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites. Fills me up and seems to make the scrambled eggs fluffier. I don't know if it really does it just seems that way to me. That being said, if you like having the whole eggs and you're please with the results don't change what isn't broken.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
There's a good study that determined that people that eat at least 3 whole eggs a day have lower bodyfat percentage, higher lean muscle mass, have an easier time losing bodyfat and an easier time gaining muscle. Whole eggs are an essential part to a healthy and bodybuilding style diet.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
As part of my current bulking diet, im throwing olive oil, peanut butter, a banana, and egg whites with my gainer in the blender. 32oz shake has almost 2000 calories in it made this way with milk. This is the first time i bothered with egg whites...how much u guys put in your shakes? Id have to use a whole $3 carton to get 50 grams extra protein in there so that would get expensive real fast. I was thinkin like 10 tablespoons so i could stretch it out 2-3 days...but is that really even enough to make it worthwhile?

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
I eat the whole egg with chopped mushrooms a little shredded cheese and hot sauce, but i do only eat 3 eggs at a time with turkey bacon

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
As part of my current bulking diet, im throwing olive oil, peanut butter, a banana, and egg whites with my gainer in the blender. 32oz shake has almost 2000 calories in it made this way with milk. This is the first time i bothered with egg whites...how much u guys put in your shakes? Id have to use a whole $3 carton to get 50 grams extra protein in there so that would get expensive real fast. I was thinkin like 10 tablespoons so i could stretch it out 2-3 days...but is that really even enough to make it worthwhile?
Well a cup is about 25 grams.
That's usually what I use.
Ocassionally I'll use two cups if I'm low on protein powder