©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Got Some Pharm Grade

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Planning my first ever run with pharm grade test so it's an exciting time to be me!

One thing, though: do you swab the amps before opening? Like around the neck?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yep, cant hurt. What type do you have? From my experience, some brands are harder to open that others. For me, the toughest are Bayer Schreng Amps (they must be made from titanium). Easiest is Organon Sustanon. I am using Normas right now and they are in the middle, but closer to the Organon on terms of an easy pop top. Iranian test is about as easy as the Normas.

Last edited:

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
You can never be too careful when it comes to cleanliness and preventing infection. I swab everything, every time. Every month I clean out the container that I store everything in, including soaking it with alcohol inside and out. Alcohol swabs are cheap. Visiting the doctor for an infection is not.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
If the vials were smuggled into the country anally, YES.lol
Otherwise I think it's unnecessary. The time to be carful is once the vial is open. Alcohol the pin before drawing and then to the injection area.

CG

hipocampus.me

Feb 24, 2015
If the ampoules are pharma grade you shouldnt have any problem opening them. I would jut protect the fingers with a cloth or something like that just in case. Nothing else ;-)

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Alcohol the pin before drawing and then to the injection area.CG

Ok, i think I'm missing something. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Are you saying to open a new, sealed, sterile needle and wipe it down with alcohol before you draw it out of the ampule?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ok, i think I'm missing something. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Are you saying to open a new, sealed, sterile needle and wipe it down with alcohol before you draw it out of the ampule?

NO. If your reusing a pin.

CG

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
thanks for the responses lads!

I have a mix of Iranian and Norma, not really too worried about actually opening them. I'll probably swab them just in case. I'm only pinning an amp at a time so no need to reuse a needle or anything like that.

Muchas gracias

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Yep, cant hurt. What type do you have? From my experience, some brands are harder to open that others. For me, the toughest are Bayer Schreng Amps (they must be made from titanium). Easiest is Organon Sustanon. I am using Normas right now and they are in the middle, but closer to the Organon on terms of an easy pop top. Iranian test is about as easy as the Normas.

I had balkan sust amps and every time I cracked one open I got butchered! Couple buddies never had an issue, all in the same shipment. Amps and my fingers don't get along:action-smiley-070:

InsaneMuscle

Mar 24, 2015
Ireland
thanks for the responses lads!

I have a mix of Iranian and Norma, not really too worried about actually opening them. I'll probably swab them just in case. I'm only pinning an amp at a time so no need to reuse a needle or anything like that.

Muchas gracias

what do you mean exactly saying "no need to reuse a needle"?

Are you actually using one and same needle to draw from amp and then pin yourself straight with the same needle? or what? :action-smiley-054:

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
what do you mean exactly saying "no need to reuse a needle"?

Are you actually using one and same needle to draw from amp and then pin yourself straight with the same needle? or what? :action-smiley-054:

I was referring to the above post where he said that you swab a needle with alcohol before reusing it to draw from another amp.

wimc

Dec 27, 2012
Opening amps with breaking: the advice I was given was to score the neck of the amp with a serrated knife. I just used the edge of a nail file which worked pretty good too.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Magnus suggested something I'll do sometimes, use a Bic pen cap to snap the top off. Works very well.

I've heard that works really well, I've just never used amps before so never had a chance to try it. Maybe someday I'll get ahold of some pharma gear.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
View attachment 20189
Amp opener bought on ebay. Works perfect. Pops 3 amps at a time for you impatient types lol. Pharmaceutical grade amps shown in the amp popper... added for effect. Just to make yall drool. lol

Attachments

• amp opener.jpg
    amp opener.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: