©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How to find a Savvy Doctor

CombatFrog

Jan 28, 2015
Florida
So the question is has anyone here on the Forum ever found a doc that is savvy about AAS use? And if so, how did you go about finding him? Because a Sports Med doc that is realistically experienced with the use of PEDs can't advertise the fact. I just moved to a new area and need to find a doc. I am on a quest to put on mad size now that I'm out of the Army, so I want a doc who will work with me. And not just take the politically correct point of view.

Anyone have any experience with this that they'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
A smart educated one is a hard find honestly.
Even some TRT doctors prescribe horrible regimens.
You may just have to shop around.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I may sound crazy, but I looked several clinics up and viewed their profile and pictures. I tried to find one in their 40's and looked like they worked out. My first Dr was a bust by a home run my second. He was very intrigued and accepting. There were even times he would keep notes on training and nutrition and would say "I feel like I should be paying you for the consult." It is a bit of a crap shoot, so stay diligent and you'll find one.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
If your looking to get a script for it. That's not hard at all

https://ehormones.com/ It's about $2500 a year and they will keep your test count around 900. they require boodwork twice a year and everything is included in the $2500. There are other places out there. I found on that will do the test for $1500 a year or if you want hgh two it's $5500 a year. That information is saved on my home computer.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I may sound crazy, but I looked several clinics up and viewed their profile and pictures. I tried to find one in their 40's and looked like they worked out. My first Dr was a bust by a home run my second. He was very intrigued and accepting. There were even times he would keep notes on training and nutrition and would say "I feel like I should be paying you for the consult." It is a bit of a crap shoot, so stay diligent and you'll find one.

I'm curious how that initial consult goes. Do you just lay it out there honestly, all up front? Do you simply tell the guy, "I'm an AAS user, and I'm looking for a doctor that is comfortable with that and preferably has some experience dealing with users of AAS,"? Were you looking for a GP, or just a TRT Doc? Your approach intrigues me.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
For some reason, I felt more comfortable going to a gp. Less specialized, they see a lot more range of people, so I figured they would be a bit more open. Didn't want a daisy fresh doc right out of college or an old one set in his ways. Like I said the first one was a bust. Second one, again began with blood tests and a consult. I was off and results were great with the exception of slightly elevated cholesterol. I think it was important to have good blood work due to some overexaggerated misconceptions of the damaging effects of aas use (not abuse). This got the discussion rolling. At this point I express how important it is to me to lead a healthy life style, from exercise to diet. I also have no history of heart disease, cancer, allergies, nothing. I also explain how I'm very healthy and have been on less than 5 prescriptions in my entire life. Then the nuts and bolts. As I'm certain he already knows, I tell him I run a couple cycles of ass a year and like for him to go over my blood test with me periodically throughout the year. I went very well as initially he probably felt I was there Dr shopping for something when in fact I just wanted to be proactive about my health. We went on to talk about the damaging effect of alcohol, smoking, prescription drugs, unhealthy lifestyles...... Although all were self-inflicted, they were treated as well. He was impressed with the fact that my heath was my main concern and in vast contrast to the previous lifestyles, I did everything I could to maintain my health. I think honesty and sincerity goes a long way.

CombatFrog

Jan 28, 2015
Florida
Update; I found a Doc that is willing to work with me. Turns out he was a power lifter in college and has worked with other guys since he's been a doc.

And yes, I just laid it out honestly to him. I guess I was hoping he'd stick to that whole patient confidentiality thing. So we're cooking here. Thanks Magnus

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
My strategy was to always start with the anti-aging docs. This was all predicated on the fact that we already know that they are open to the use of drugs for cosmetic improvement. So, with that, you've already kinda passed the hump. Everything else is dose management essentially.

CombatFrog

Jan 28, 2015
Florida
@101stRanger, you're onto something there. I have a MARSOC buddy that did just that. And it's working out great for him.

CombatFrog

Jan 28, 2015
Florida
So what's the doc going to do that I'm not doing for myself? He set me up with a battery of labs, and sent me to the cardiologist. I got a clean bill of health from the cardiologist. He actually said keep doing what you're doing. LOL. I thought that was funny, if he only knew. And now it's off to do all the labs. Although I'm guessing I'm good there, because I feel like a million bucks. The only thing that might give me a little trouble is my lipid profile. But I've been doing Torem off and on for several months ever since I started low dose Tren. So between that and the cardiology report I should be good.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Being clinically deficient in testosterone can cause a poor lipid profile that can be corrected with trt. Your Dr should know this. I went in with legit low t and my lipids were bad, 6 months on trt improved them to normal range.

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
So what's the doc going to do that I'm not doing for myself? He set me up with a battery of labs, and sent me to the cardiologist. I got a clean bill of health from the cardiologist. He actually said keep doing what you're doing. LOL. I thought that was funny, if he only knew. And now it's off to do all the labs. Although I'm guessing I'm good there, because I feel like a million bucks. The only thing that might give me a little trouble is my lipid profile. But I've been doing Torem off and on for several months ever since I started low dose Tren. So between that and the cardiology report I should be good.

One thing right off the doc is going to do for you is give you legal reason to have aas on you anywhere you feel the need also it gets you legal ai at any pharmacy. If your lucky enough to get a doc that knows what they are doing they can also help keep you healthy to an extent,but this you can do yourself

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013

Hope you are not on any testosterone when you went for labs. If he yest for testosterone levels and you're already in range, he won't be able to give you a script. It's not worth losing his license over.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Hope you are not on any testosterone when you went for labs. If he yest for testosterone levels and you're already in range, he won't be able to give you a script. It's not worth losing his license over.
Yep, mine told me once to stop using test 3 weeks prior to my blood draw (it was the first blood draw with him) so he had the labs to justify the trt prescription.