©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Just wondering

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I've been reading some of these and can't help but wonder. What kind of time are they facing? Is it a let sentence lets say 1 oz 2 years or is it depending on the judges mood?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
It's actually pretty complicated. There are a number of mitigating factors, too many to really account for in one post. There are minimum statutes based on the size and scope of the conspiracy, but those are somewhat negotiable. Here's a short, interesting read I found with a quick google search:

Steroid Distribution Federal Charges Lawyers

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
If the case is taken Federal then you are at the mercy of the judge. It does not matter what the lawyers say in the way of recommendations, the judge has the final say. The Federal guidelines are just a basic reference and the judge is not bound by those any longer. The pre-sentence investigator (who works directly for the court/judge) interviews the defendant , their family, employer, etc is the one that the judge usually listens to.

There are so many different factors that go into the amount of time someone is going to receive. For example, if you have a gun (even legal) that has been put into evidence as being "with business product" you are receiving a year off the bat for that regardless of the rest of the charges.

With steroids there are so many variables - whether you are busted with finished products or raw materials, the street value amount the Feds decide to tag you with, money laundering, etc.

I have seen all sorts of different sentences from guys getting 1-2yrs in with 3yrs probation to guys getting hit with 15yrs suspended sentences and years of probation, major fines, to people losing their cars/houses, etc.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
If the case is taken Federal then you are at the mercy of the judge. It does not matter what the lawyers say in the way of recommendations, the judge has the final say. The Federal guidelines are just a basic reference and the judge is not bound by those any longer. The pre-sentence investigator (who works directly for the court/judge) interviews the defendant , their family, employer, etc is the one that the judge usually listens to.

There are so many different factors that go into the amount of time someone is going to receive. For example, if you have a gun (even legal) that has been put into evidence as being "with business product" you are receiving a year off the bat for that regardless of the rest of the charges.

With steroids there are so many variables - whether you are busted with finished products or raw materials, the street value amount the Feds decide to tag you with, money laundering, etc.

I have seen all sorts of different sentences from guys getting 1-2yrs in with 3yrs probation to guys getting hit with 15yrs suspended sentences and years of probation, major fines, to people losing their cars/houses, etc.
I would like to like that as a sign of thank you but it sounds like a shitty deal it sucks and I can't like it

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I have talked with some DEA agents before and it's kind of comical what you hear them say...They'll tell you that the easiest busts to deal with are roid users/sellers because they are nonviolent offenders, that usually live very well...They say that the reason roids are classified up there with heroin and crack is because they have to have a way to make sure that the arrested person cooperates with them...What better way to get them talking then to scare them into thinking they will lose everything if they don't!

They say their funding comes from the table...The more product on the table for the news pics the better they look and the more funding they receive...I have never heard one of them say that they want to bust roid users/seller, the ones I have talked with said they actually/usually get along with the roid guys they arrest and can relate with them because so many DEA agents have scripts and/or are authorized to use roids for their undercover operations...They say they are just very easy busts and if guys cooperate it is easy to continue moving onto the next guy, that they don't want to see any of them go to jail but the scare tactic is a must and some guys don't go for it so they have to be made an example of in the media.

That is why you can tell who and who doesn't cooperate...If you see guys that get busted with a shit ton of gear and getting a pathetic sentence then you know they rolled...The guys that get hit with the heavy hand are the ones that stood their ground and took the hit.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I had one of the toughest judges in the eastern district In NY. I got caught with nothing. Conspiracy charges. 5 years probation. 25 k fine. 20k in legal bills. Unfucking real. Don't get tangled up with the feds is all I can say. They even held me 3 days without a charge or lawyer visit. And K1 is right. Steroids are just easy busts. All the cops. Dea and postal inspectors were real cool. But the judge doesnt give a shit. Funny though, one of the things he liked was I always paid my taxes and paid on time. Go figure.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I'm not planning on getting into the industry. It just made me wonder. You have things like lsd that can swnd you to jail for life. But juice unless aboused like Chris Benoit

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
But juice unless abused like Chris Benoit

Once the autopsy came out the doctor said that steroids had nothing to do with his situation. His Test levels weren't remotely high enough to contribute to what he had done or even suggest 'roid rage' played any part.

They found anti-depressants, pain meds, and high levels of alcohol in his system. Those results weren't brought back up to the media because steroids were very high in the news at the time and that is where the story was left. The only way you could even find the autopsy results and doctor's comments were from searching on the net.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
It's another reason I can't stand the media anymore. I still watch fox news but even they like to tell there side of the story.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
My buddy got set up with100 perks 3 years ago
When feds and locals came in and searched the house they left all his juice on his bed -his pot in house his girl friend took them out of the home once she got there
He got 8 months federal and year suspended

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I'm not planning on getting into the industry. It just made me wonder. You have things like lsd that can swnd you to jail for life. But juice unless aboused like Chris Benoit

Once the autopsy came out the doctor said that steroids had nothing to do with his situation. His Test levels weren't remotely high enough to contribute to what he had done or even suggest 'roid rage' played any part.

They found anti-depressants, pain meds, and high levels of alcohol in his system. Those results weren't brought back up to the media because steroids were very high in the news at the time and that is where the story was left. The only way you could even find the autopsy results and doctor's comments were from searching on the net.

Didn't they also find meth and Coke in his system as well. Not making an excuse or codon in his actions but fuck roid rage if there's s problem there already it for sure will come to the surface sooner or later stop blaming roids for people's stupid actions.

On a side not just saw Kurt angle on some tv show commercial and wow he's lost some size.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I get agervated easy when I take winny but not a bad temper or anything. Winny makes me want to tell every one to shut the hell up and don't want to hear and dumb shit today. But o like the feeling. Think I need to buy some winny