©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Need help!

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
When i told you in your other post your Diet totaly sucks this is what you had posted there:

Diet:
Breakfast - Oatmeal, 50gr protein shake
brunch - 30g protein bar
lunch - whatever the fuck I am hungry for, usually a greasy hamburger
afternoon - another 30gr protein bar
before workout - protein Ice drink (42gr)
evening - whatever the wife cooks, she's a freaking amazing cook

I am not really the best person to ask about diet, I keep it simple i just try to eat as much as i can, i don't log it , i don't count calories, macros etc etc, I just freaking eat, I am not trying to compete nor will i ever try, the guys here can give you much better advice than me, but my advice is just shove as much food as you can, don't worry too much about making it perfect at this point, you need to put on weight, if you start getting fat change it up more protien less carbs, not gaining much eat more, simple done
Protien bars do not count as a meal, they are for when you stop for coffee and instead of buying a doughnut you buy a protien bar

I am not recomending this but this but this is what i eat on a usuall day
5:00 am train after gym protien shake w/ creatine
get home around 7:00a.m
6 cage free whole eggs w/ a bunch of white potatoes
9-10 a.m peanut butter and jelly sandwich with lots of PB
10-11 am yogurt & protien shake sometime some fruit
12 lunch, almost every day 1 can tuna fish w/ 1 cup white rice
( started adding chicken or chile at lunch recently), another yogurt
2-3pm another peanut butter and jelly sandwich with lots of PB
3-4pm another protien shake
around 6pm dinner
usualy large chicken breast, sometime steak, and starting eating some fish also, along with about 1 1/2 cups string beans or brocoli, and about 4 oz whole wheat pasta or 1 cup rice,
sometime i will toss in a protien bar or 2 during the day if i am hungry(mostly on weekends)
before bed 1 Large protien (casien) shake 50 grams, 16 ounces milk, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup blue berries, 1 bananna

Now on to your training, I told you in your post to start another thread about training, go do that keep these 2 seperate from each other this one is about diet the other need to be about training, which in my opinion you are not training correctly either, I am not being mean just honest after looking at your pic on BB.com i would say you never lifted a weight or started last week
You are not a hard gainer you weighed 200 lbs and now are 165, you gain weight you just need to gain the right weight
Post up EXACTLY what you do in the gym like i listed below , you don't need to be working muscles twice a week like you posted and you need to be in the 6-8 rep range not the 10-15 reps, and for gods sake what the hell are you training Glutes for, please don't tell me your are working out on a glute machine, thats for chicks :banghead:
This is my training schedule, it might not be for you but it works for me and i like it, post up something like this so the guys can recomend other training routines and you can try them all to see what works, you have to find what works for you
You can increase your food intake but if you are not traing hard enough it will be a waste or you will get fat

Sunday:
Squats 3-4 sets
Leg Press 3-4 sets
Leg Ext 3 sets
Sometimes add in 3 sets of Lunges on the smith machine

Monday:
Flat bench 3 sets
Dumbell Flat 3 sets
SMith Machine Incline Press 3 sets
Hammer Strength Plate loaded Incline 3 sets
Cable Crossovers 3 sets

Tuesday:
OFF

Wednesday:
Deadlift 3-4 sets
Hammer Strength Plate loaded seated row 3 sets
Hammer Strength Plate loaded Low row one arm 3 sets
Wide grip pulled down 3 sets (in front of neck)
close grip pulled down 3 sets (in front of neck)
Lying Leg Curls 3 sets
Seated leg curls 3 sets

Thursday:
Smith Machine seated Shoulder press 3 sets
Dumbell seated 3 sets
Hammer Strength Plate loaded Press 3 sets
Dumbell or barbell front raise, dumbell side raise, seated rear shoulder on pec fly/ rear delt machine
front, side, and rear are super setted

Friday:
sets are super setted 1 set bi's and 1 set tri's
v-bar tri push down 3 sets with 3 sets of barbell curls(switch it up between e-z curl bar and straight bar)
Hammer strenght plate loaded preacher curls 3 sets w/ 3 sets of skull crushers
3 sets dumbell curls or cable curls w/ single arm tri ext palm facing up

Saturday:
Shrugs smith machine 3 sets
Shrugs Hammer Strength Plate loaded 3 sets
Shrugs dumbells 3 sets
Also 6 sets neck raises with harness around head
Calf rasies seated 3 sets and calf rasies 3 sets on leg press
Abs

All sets are in the 8-10 rep range with last set in each exercise in the 6-8 rep range

I also do alot of warm up sets and stretching before each workout with very light weights

Good luck and stick around this is a great place to learn

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
@Enigmatic707

Yep, thats three sets per muscle group. But to make sure we're on the same page, I'll give an example:

Pecs:

Flat bench presses: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Pec Fly Machine: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Incline Dumbell Press: 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Is that what you were thinking?

No- that's 3 sets per exercise... Not per muscle group- that's a total of 9 sets per muscle group

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
@Formula

Hey man, I'm not taking anything your saying as mean at all. I really appreciate this last post. That's exactly what I need. I'm willing to try anything, because obviously what I am doing is wrong. Thanks for the input

@Enigmatic

Gotcha man, I see what you're saying, thanks for the clarification.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
Wait till Magnus has his buffalo on the grill picture..

MMMMMMMM. BuffAlo....i looooove their wings. haha jk

but seriously...i never ate it before. theres a place by me tht sells bison meat...but never tried it.

whats prices like when bought retail? steaks? ground? per lb price??

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Bufflalo here is like $5.99 lb 90/10 burger. . Loin steaks 8.99lb. But if I get my lazy ass to buffalo farm I can save 2$ lol.. Which in turn goes into a corona road pop not advised for u city folk. I suppose u want some of that too? Lol ..

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Lol, I hear you bud.

OK....here is what I look like now. My wife says she sees a difference, but I guess I'm my biggest critic because I dont see any difference between what I look like now after almost two months of working out to now....you can see the original pic on bodybuilding dot com

Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
@Jim

The wife loved the pic of the grilled chicken breasts, she loves grilling, even though I told her I was going to do it, she insists on doing it for me :headbang:

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Lol, I hear you bud.

OK....here is what I look like now. My wife says she sees a difference, but I guess I'm my biggest critic because I dont see any difference between what I look like now after almost two months of working out to now....you can see the original pic on bodybuilding dot com

Opinions?

Downsize your photos so it fits on the screen and rotate them so they look straight, and start tanning I am part blind now :D

And start your training thread so we can see what you are doing in the gym

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Yes I like the idea of starting a training thread. Those pics are hard to look at with the way they are posted. Nutrition is going to get you going in the right direction though. You have the right base but you will look bigger when you get the bf% lower

joh9356

Aug 19, 2013
Treetops and caves
Alright Formula....

Freaking iPhones......lemme try again....

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

Are you happy now??????

And as for the tanning: :action-smiley-055:

LOL, I'll get around to tanning sometime.....I don't tan very well......

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Alright Formula....

Freaking iPhones......lemme try again....

View attachment 7808

View attachment 7809

Are you happy now??????

And as for the tanning: :action-smiley-055:

LOL, I'll get around to tanning sometime.....I don't tan very well......

Much better to view

You asked for opinions so i gave it brother, once you put some muscle on that frame you will look better once you get some sun, you dont have to go tanning just work outside without your shirt off, the farmers tan is looking good though :D

Last edited: