©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC this Saturday... should be a good One!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
The next one in April
Forrest is going to Fight Tito Ortiz :)
I think thats the same one where Matt Hughes Vs Hoyce Gracie

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
I think franklin by KO. I havent watched st pierre yet.

forrest will kick titos ass. and hughes will submitt gracie

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
healthfreak said:
I think franklin by KO. I havent watched st pierre yet.

forrest will kick titos ass. and hughes will submitt gracie

Pierre is GOOD... Last few Ive seen of his Ive been amazed at how dominant
he was.

Whoo I dont know if Forest will Kick Titos ass or not.. I cant wait to see it though. I thinkit will be a true Test for Forest to see where he stands
but I think If I was a betting man my money would have to go on Tito.
Hard to say, I think itll be a Battle!

I agree with you on Hughes.. I think The Ufc also has a rule of no Gee(sp)
so he will be without a big weapon of his.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
yah I love hughes. did you see the fight when he got on that guys back and the guy was standing. and hughes choked him out and the guy just passed out and fell. I am eager to see how the ultimate fighter 3 will pan out if they have it.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
I love that shit as well, although being that i am trained in jui-jitsu I always route for a gracie! Matt hughes is one tough little guy though, I am sure Gracie has put alot of work into his no gi fighting. You know he won't go down by submission, I can't wait.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
healthfreak said:
yah I love hughes. did you see the fight when he got on that guys back and the guy was standing. and hughes choked him out and the guy just passed out and fell. I am eager to see how the ultimate fighter 3 will pan out if they have it.

Yea that was Trigg. He actually beat him twice the same exact way.
Im telling you though bro check out St.Pierre.... He fought Trigg a bit later
and Just ran right thru him. I here this BJPenn he is fighting is very good But Ive never seen him myself.

TUF 3 is set to start this month sometime I beleive it was.
Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz will be the coaches, haha should be interesting
seeing the two of them.

Ivan here was actually roommates with a Guy from The ultimate Fighter 2.
he knows a Lot of them guys.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
rAJJIN said:
and Just ran right thru him. I here this BJPenn he is fighting is very good But Ive never seen him myself.

seeing the two of them.

Thats awesome I would love to get to that level but with 4 kids and a school, wife etc, it is just not possible. Training in bodybuilding takes up enough time! Jui-Jitsu is now just a past time. 4 years ago I trained quite seriously! It is cool to have some more bros really interested in this though. Here is a good video of Gracie going to work!
http://www.gracie-barra.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=222&Itemid=1

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
MR .T said:
BJ Penn is an excellent fighter I wouldn't count him out against ST. Pierre

Mr.T
Thats what I keep hearing.. Heard he Beat Matt Hughes back in the day as well as Some Big Wins in Pride. I just hope to see some good fights!

Mandarb11,
Ivan is your guy to talk fighting with... I dont want to go into any detail on who he is but he knows a LOTT more then me about it.
I Just like to watch..I wouldnt last one minute in there and Id need an oxygen tank. Id sure like to learn some of it though But like you said..Much like Bodybuilding it requires 100% effort if you want to be good at it
and Im just to old now and to much going on..
Now if they had this in my area when I was 10 yrs younger that would be another story.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
rAJJIN said:

seeing the two of them.

cool. yah tuf 3 sounds like it may be good. yah I will check out st. pierre

corn68

Jul 27, 2005
I agree with cody84. I don't think Franklin can take to many elbows from the french canadian and Penn/St. Pierre should be insane, b/c they are both badass fighters.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
Franklin will confuse and outmaneuver the Crow with his footwork and crisp boxing. The Crow is very overrated after wins over a C-level fighter (Charles McCarthy) and a drunk Evan Tanner. Franklin has WAY better wrestling and striking than the crow. Franklin via easy KO or sub.

Penn is going to be St. Pierre's toughest test to date. BJ Penn beat Matt Hughes back in 2004 for the WW title and left the UFC b/c they could'nt come to terms on a contract. So he went to fight for K1/ROTR and UFC made Hughes champ again. So BJ is still the "real champion" at 170lbs. I still think St. Pierre will beat Baby Jay, but it will not be an easy victory. BJ cannot "andull da' riddum'" of GSP.

The rest of the card isn't too great looking, it could be great or terrible. I have only seen 3 of the guys (swick, doerkson and marquardt) fight before, the rest are ? marks.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
`

Pierre and Penn...Whoo hoo, I hope its a war.

Attachments

• pierre.jpg
    pierre.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
powermad BJ cannot "andull da' riddum'" of GSP. The rest of the card isn't too great looking said:
Yea I was thinking the same..havnt heard of most of these guys..
I think the Swick fight will be good.

heres a clip about some of the new guys in it-

These guys who are fighting tomorrow night in the UFC are truly the best fighters in Canada,” said Patry. “We have some other great guys who are not on this card, like Patrick Cote, but all the TKO champions are fighting tomorrow night – (Mark) Hominick, (Sam) Stout, St. Pierre, Loiseau, and Icho (Larenas) – so I think it’s gonna be a great night for Canada. I’m very confident we’re gonna win most of these fights.”

Will the Canadians who are debuting in the UFC tomorrow night – Hominick, Stout, Larenas, Steve Vigneault, Rob MacDonald – be able to handle the UFC jitters though?

“They’re used to fighting in front of big crowds,” said Patry. “They’ve never fought in front of 12,000, but they fought in front of 6,000, and they’ve been involved in world championship bouts, so I don’t think that’s a big factor.”

We find out tomorrow night…