©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Tri - Something I noticed was the placement of your WMs. For example, your bicep WM is before forearms and back width WM is before back thickness.

I'm not going to say one way is absolutely correct or not, but doing the WMs before heavy work for closely related bodyparts will take away from what you can get out the heavy work.

Just something to think about...

EDIT: And another thing, you might want to add in Wide/Sumo stance leg presses as a hamstring exercise. I'd likely put these on a day when you are doing your least taxing quad exercise, like hack squats.

Oh, and I decided I was going to just follow your log on here. I think it gets WAY too creepy following it on several sites lol

Last edited:

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Tri - Something I noticed was the placement of your WMs. For example, your bicep WM is before forearms and back width WM is before back thickness.

I'm not going to say one way is absolutely correct or not, but doing the WMs before heavy work for closely related bodyparts will take away from what you can get out the heavy work.

Just something to think about...

EDIT: And another thing, you might want to add in Wide/Sumo stance leg presses as a hamstring exercise. I'd likely put these on a day when you are doing your least taxing quad exercise, like hack squats.

Oh, and I decided I was going to just follow your log on here. I think it gets WAY too creepy following it on several sites lol

Hmm, hadn't thought about sumo presses... Not a bad idea.
As far as the placement of the WM's I hear what you are saying but I've thought about it long and hard and I think that the way I have it is the best way for me. Will I lose a little something inthe way of poundage on the thickness exercises? Yeah maybe, but you gotta remember I've been training with more volume than this for a while now. I was doing 3-5 sets(to failure) for width and then 3-5 for thickness after, also to failure.

If it turns out to be too much I'll change it around or eliminate the width widow altogether. I'm going to ask Wojo what he thinks about it the next time I see him.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
1/3/2013

bis/forearms/back width/back thickness

BB Drag Curl:
EZ bar+ 30x12, +50x8, +70x8
+90 for 23 RP

1 arm reverse cable curl:
40x10, 50x11
70x14 SS

HS Preacher Curl Widow:
45x20

Rack Chins:
BWx10 two sets
+35 for 21 RP

Nautilus Pulldown Widow:
150x21

Yates Rows:
135x8, x135x8
275x7
225x11

Rack Deads with Shrug and Hold:
135x8
225x8
335x8

20 min. light cardio

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
1/4/2013

Legs

Standing calf raise machine:
100x20 150x15 180x15
250 for 25 RP

Seated Leg Curl:
80x12 120x10 150x10
180 for 21 RP

Adductor Machine:
couple warmups then
190 for 27 RP

Hack Squat:
1x8 2x8
4x7
3x10

Sled Widow
4 plates for 23 reps

DONE.
Oh wait I did 23 min on the treadmill

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Hmm, hadn't thought about sumo presses... Not a bad idea.
As far as the placement of the WM's I hear what you are saying but I've thought about it long and hard and I think that the way I have it is the best way for me. Will I lose a little something inthe way of poundage on the thickness exercises? Yeah maybe, but you gotta remember I've been training with more volume than this for a while now. I was doing 3-5 sets(to failure) for width and then 3-5 for thickness after, also to failure.

If it turns out to be too much I'll change it around or eliminate the width widow altogether. I'm going to ask Wojo what he thinks about it the next time I see him.

I went back through this thread: My new years resolution and promise to you.... - Page 4 - IntenseMuscle.com

Obviously, when you are advanced enough to be using a 3-way you can make the determination as to where the WMs should go.

In that thread, Dante has the biceps WMs after forearms and backwidth WM before thickness.

Scott has me doing something a little different because of where my weak spots are, so this just goes to show that experience and keeping an open mind to technique and structure allow one to create their own personalized attack method.

It must be cool being able to chat with Wojo about DC. It's always neat to pick the brain of those who are considered true experts.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah page 4 of that thread is a goldmine. I've been over the first 7 or so pages of that a dozen times or more I bet. I have a hard time considering myself advanced, but I do have a lean 3.5lbs per inch so I guess that counts for something!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Wow, fuck me I didn't realize how long it's been since I updated this! Sorry guys. Let me try to catch up a little bit.
SO my weight is down to 231, which is down about 15 lbs since end of December.

Training wise I've hit a bit of a snafu. I had to take my kids out of the afterschool program for financial reasons so now it is VERY difficult for me to get to the gym on days that I work. I work 12 hour nights and don't get home till 8am, and then have to be up at 3 to pick the rug rats up from school. SO not a lot of time left to train.

So my workaround for this is to scratch DC training and go with more volume. I'm training like I was for my prep last year which is higher volume, higher reps, low rest between sets, ala Vince Gironda.

I'm basically doing 5 sets per exercise and 3-5 exercises per muscle.
For example today I trained back and biceps. I did 5 sets nautilus pullover, 5 sets DB rows, 5 sets nautilus pulldown, 5 sets seated rows, 5 sets wide grip pulldowns behind neck, and 5 sets DB shrugs for back. Biceps I did 5 sets BB drag curls, 5 sets HS preacher curls, and 5 sets hammer curls.

The weights are nothing to write home about but I get the job done with cumulative failure vs that one really hard set.
I kind of miss the sense of purpose I have lifting heavy though, and I think I may do one exercise that I do 2-3 sets of 6-8 on and then do the rest light to medium weight.

Gear wise still the same but about to change lol. I had been running test at 350mg a week with tren at 700mg, eq at 600, and mast at 400. After talking to a buddy who knows what he's doing I'm upping the test to 1g and saving the masteron for later when I'm leaner.

I also have been using peptides for a couple weeks now. 500mcg Ipam/100mcg mod-grf 3 to 5 times per day. Working on getting some GH. I'd like to do 15iu three days per week and peptides on non GH days.

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Let us know how the change in dosage effects your run!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Very good log . Man wish I was as methodical as you. Very cool.
I'm really finding your log interesting .Seeing some familiar w/os from a ways back.I use to really like the neck press and dip stuff that Gironda used .
Going to be a good summer... T

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Updates

Yeah bro I got updates. Still waiting on my sust to arrive so I've been hitting a little more prop, up to 700mg a week.
Trainings been going great under the new old system. I've kind of adapted and over came if you will.
I'll give you guys a rundown of the last few days worth of training to see what I'm talking about.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Chest/biceps

so the other day hit up chest and biceps. I really love that split guys. I keep going back to it. I'm telling you there is nothing like hitting biceps when they are fresh. Same thing with triceps. It's also nice to hit them together. When you do chest/delts/tris together I feel like you really only have enough juice to hit one of them hard.

So for chest I opened up with, of all things, cable crossovers lol. I don't know if I really count them, they weren't hard, but I did them so here it is. Basically I just did them to get a little pump and blood in the chest before my first real movement. I did like 5 sets of 10 with 70lbs per stack.

So then I went to my "heavy" exercise. My gym has one of those hammer strength wide seated chest presses. I really like it. It's almost like a decline the way it feels on contraction, but you can take a wide grip and get a really really great stretch on the negative. So I did a couple warm up or feel sets and then did 3 work sets:
3+35 for 6
3+10 for 8
2+35 for 8 all to failure.

then I hit up the neck press and knocked out an 8x8 with 165lbs. 30-40seconds rest time between sets. Will def. go up in weight next time.

Then I hit up an 8x8 with flat flys with 35lbs. Last set was a little hard but I'll do 40's next time.

Then I did biceps. Started out with hammer curls and did a traditional ramp up of 15, 12, 10, 7. Last set was to failure with 70lb DB's.

Then I did an 8x8 with the hammer strength preacher curl with 55lbs on the machine.

Finished off with some heavy drag curls. Did 3 sets of 8 with 135lbs.
And that was it. A little mix of heavy ish lifting and some volume along with it. Really great workout.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Back

Did back yesterday.
warmed up on the lat pulldown and did a bunch of sets with 100lbs to warm up a little.
Then I did 4 sets of 8 on body weight pullups. Neutral grip, medium width. I was going to do sets of 8 untill I failed at 8, ended up being 4. Next time I'll try to do 5 sets.

Then on to deadlifts. Just had a bug up my ass lately about wanting to do deads so I did em. I haven't picked a weight up off the floor in YEARS. Lot's of rack deads, no conventional deads.
So I did 135x6, 225x5 for 2 sets and then 315x4 for 2 sets. The 315lbs sets were my "work" sets I guess, but I left some in the tank. Not trying to get hurt deadlifting. I think next go around I'll do 245-275 maybe and do a few sets of 6-8. Probably just put the 100lb plates on and rep out for 4 sets.

Then I did wide grip pulldowns with my hands ALL the way out and pulldown to my chest. I did an 8x8 with 145lbs.

On to BB rows. haven't done this in a while either so I was kinda feeling around with what weight I should use in the future.
I did 205x6 for 3 sets and then 155x8 for 4 sets.

Finished with Barbell shrugs, 3 second hold at the top.
135x8
225x8
315x8
315x8

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hit chest/biceps today. Was running a hair short on time at the end so I did it a little different to save time.

Hammer Strength Iso Wide Press
warmed up with one and two plates then three work sets:
3+35 x 8
3+10 x 10
2+35 x 11
So did the same weight as last time but added 2-3 reps

Flat DB Fly
40x8x8
I do these with a deep stretch and come up like hugging a tree and I don't touch the bells to keep tension on the pecs.

Neck Press
upped the weight 10lbs this time and did an 8x8 with 175

Biceps started with Hammer curls. Did one warm up set of 6 with 45s
and then 3 work sets:
70x9
60x11
50x12

This is where I started running out of time so instead an 8x8 I did 3 descending work sets on
Hammer Strength Preacher
80x11
70x9
45x12

Then I rest paused BB drag curls with 135 for 18 RP.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Some pics from this AM:

Attachments

• IMAG0353.jpg
    IMAG0353.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0354.jpg
    IMAG0354.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0358.jpg
    IMAG0358.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
TT , Wheels gonna be baaaad!. looking good brother. when you can get
someone to snap some ,throw up some back shots. keep it up. Gonna be
warm weather soon... T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Oh wow you got that piece. Man let me know how it goes on pulldowns etc.
Im wondering if that might be a help while healing that broken bone in my hand.
When are you going to give it a go TT? Sometime those w/os pressed for time are sooo good. keep going.. T

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I'm probably not doing back till Friday or Saturday but I'll update and let you know how I like it.