©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Well, went to see the orthopedic surgeon about my hand yesterday...surgery scheduled for monday. He's gonna open my finger up to make sure all the tendons are ok, and put a few pins in it. Not sure if he's putting internal screws or not, but def some pins that will be exposed. So, since i'm not sure what kind of contraption is gonna be on my hand in a couple days, i figured i might as well get a couple more decent upper body lifts in before that happens. Did arms today, just had to be careful and dropped my usual weight by 10-20% on all exercises. Kind of weird grabbing barbells without my index finger-had to keep that pointed straight out

Bis
st bar curls x 4 sets
rev grip st bar curls x 4
seated incline cable curls x 3, last one dropset
db 21's x 3

Tris
skullcrushers ss with closegrip benches x 4 rounds
rev grip cable pressdowns ss with standard st bar pressdowns x 4 rounds
bench dips x 4 sets

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Matt - surgeon give you an eta for healing and have to lay out of the gym?

No training yesterday - Went to a bonfire party last night and pigged out. Slept good last night too. Planning on using that food energy on my wheels today.

See you guys at 1:00?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Brick, all he told me was that i was gonna have to lay low for a few weeks...i'm gonna ask again tomorrow before they knock me out though.

Did a light delt and trap workout today...

Seated db shoulder presses x 4 sets
machine side lateral raises ss with machine presses x 3 rounds
side bd lat raises x 3
ez bar front raises x 2
upright rows x 3
closegrip ez bar shrugs x 4

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Matt - That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe you can find some things to hit in the gym. Maybe leg presses, etc? Least you are getting this done and over. Hang in there.

Had a very good leg workout yesterday. Been squating again after a long lay off from those with knee pains. So far, so good. Nothing fries the legs like squats.

Chest today after lunch. Looking forward to it.

Lets start the week off right brothers.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Wide grip hammer pull downs

Seated rows

Cable pulls

Incline pull downs

Bent over rows

Lower back extensions

20 minutes low intensity cardio and done

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Hit up legs today
one-leg leg presses x 4 sets
squats x 5
leg extensions x 5
lying leg curls x 4
seated calf raises x 4
standing calf raises x 4

Might try and do a little upper body workout tomorrow. But after my surgery last monday, i have a cast from my forearm down to my hand...covering most of my hand-so wont be able to grip anything. Prob can do light cable curls with the bar resting on my wrists, and tri pushdowns doing the same. Gonna have to be inventive.lol

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Did another light high rep workout today. Very unsatisfying only using %40-50 of my normal weight, but managed to still get a decent pump out of it. Very limited to what i can do with a cast on my hand/forearm. Main thing i'm being cautous with is making sure i dont mess up my finger. At this early stage with the bone fusing back together, last thing i wanna do is mess that up. So, was very careful today

Bis
low pulley curls x 5 sets
seated cable curls x 5
machine curls x 4

Tris
cable pressdowns x 5 sets
machine extensions x 5

Couldnt think of anything else safe to do so called it a day

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Got my cast off today, which was replaced by a smaller hand brace type deal. Now at least i have the use of my thumb and two smallest fingers. Enabled me to do a little more at the gym, but with pins sticking out, stitches,etc i still have to be very cautious i dont mess shit up. So, did a %50 weight chest,back,and shoulder workout with what exercises i can do-mostly machines. No db's thats for sure...

Machine incline flyes
decline machine presses
machine pullovers
widegrip cable pulldowns
closegrip pulldowns
side lateral raises machine
machine shoulder presses
bb shrugs with straps
machine neck curls

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Glad you are on the downhill side Matt!

Trained back today. Weights felt heavy today. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. But hey, chemo was yesterday so I guess I shouldn't complain. Got in the clinic at 8 Am, left at 5:30. Long ass day. They always are. Keep pushing. Fuck cancer.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Was supposed to be leg day, but they're still sore from my last workout a few days ago...so hit arms up again. I couldn't believe how great of a pump i got from light weight 12-25 rep sets. One of the best ive had in weeks.

Low pulley curls x 3 sets
st bar curls x 3
reverse grip st bar curls x 3
machine curls x 3
rope/cable pressdowns x 3
st bar pressdowns x 3
machine extensions x 6

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Haven't been around too much fellas... Just very very busy. Wife hitting the stage, running my business as well as my regular job, working on healing, going to appointments several times per week... but still training 5 days per week.

Been taking off the days before my lab work as it doesn't leave my enzymes AS elevated. After getting back to training, they had me take 2 weeks off to make sure the elevations in enzymes were just from training and they saw it was, so all is good there (or so it seems).

Strength is getting back up there and workouts are going well. Some days the meds really mess with me and leave me in cramps and nausea all day. Nonetheless, we are making progress and gaining size and feeling better mentally... What is in store for the future...hmmmm.... :)

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Atom, great to see you back brother! And glad to hear things are going well, i was starting to worry about you man...

Did wheels today. Nothing monumental, just a bunch of squats extensions and calf work. Left walking goofy, so mission accomplished.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom! Dang! Its good to see you here and hear you are doing well. I love hearing that! Keep us posted here. You are strong and determined and got the grit. That is what it takes. We love ya bro!

I trained legs today. Not sure how I managed that because chemo was Thursday and usually I feel pretty crummy about now. Somehow - I felt decent and got a good one in. Came home and ate my post-workout carbs and protein and took a solid nap to recharge.

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit chest and shoulders this morning now back to a weekly routine now that hours have been cut back to 50 a week

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Chest and back today

Incline machine flyes
decline machine presses
bb flat bench presses
bb incline presses
machine pullovers
seated widegrip cable rows
seated triange bar/neutral grip cable rows
widegrip machine rows
closegrip machine rows

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit chest yesterday, but I would call it so so so. Chemo crud feeling. Rest today.