©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

to the guys that brew large batches........

highdrum

Dec 14, 2012
The bottles are on level plane, hell they could be 5' difference in elevation, your pump would just work harder. To answer you question on the hoses, there are only 2, take a look at the photos above in post #7, there is 1 house that goes into your dirty infiltered beaker, it attached to the inlet on the fast cap filter, thats the tubing nipple on the outer edge of the filter, the next line attached to the center pipe nipple on the filter, thats the suction port, the other end of it goes to your pump. SUPER simple and fast as hell my friend!

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Exactly what he said above me and when its done jst apply alittle more pressure to clear the line then the suction w stop n u can remove the folter detach ur hoses n throw it in a ziplock bc make sure u throw a sterile (u can sterilize urself w some iso)septa top on ur media screw on and ur good make sure u grab the right septas bc some r for 33mm top n others silicone tops r for the 45mm i beleive thats the size depends on the brand n size media bottle ur using... Then when ur ready u can use a syringe to draw out sterile vitamins to fill smaller vials...... Buuuuut dont think by buying the 60cc syringe it will go faster bc it doesnt idk y bt those ones r a bitch to pull vitamins go w smaller my buddy uses the 10cc ones n works fine w 18g needle u can prob go bigger i jst dnt think he has tried it yet.
Only one the fast cap hasnt lived a full 4L w filtering was tren idk mayb dirty powder but it cloggd the filter pretty quick normally 9-12psi is perfect w that filter bt buddy said he had to take it up to 15psi to get his drip on so mayb it was his source or jst tren in general idk trial n error my friend

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
If u can afford a perilist something somthng pump cool or if ur try. To make large volume of mineral water yea its great or so ive heard ;). But if ur doin school projects then a simple 30$ mityvac handpump work fine does about 500ml in 10-15 min if that or so ive heard... U should check an autopart store for brakebleed pump....

highdrum

Dec 14, 2012
I got a good electric vacuum pump off ebay, sucks at 20-22 pis all day long. Makes tasks a lot faster..............

tx_frc

Jan 4, 2013
theres tons of brands for refridgeration/freon evacuation that will pull 29". Yellow Jacket is a good brand.

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Yea im not gonna lie once u go the handpump route and do several 1000ml your brain says man there has to b an easier way lol

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Seein how ur vacuum pump is a custom mold for mini yetti twinky idk who is gonna be borrowing that...hehe bc anyone else w a mini yetti twinky is gonna go custom as well so knw one finds out......
Nuclear. As far as ive been told all depends on the vac system u use i dont have personal experience w that kind of stuff so ur gonna have to wait til someone can chime in on this one bruda

tx_frc

Jan 4, 2013
Do the pumps make any noise? Is it like a water pump for a fish tank rattling away to itself?

the one i have is pretty beefy. will pull 29" and i think its 6cfm.
so may be overkill for whats out there more suited for a specific purpose.
but this one is somewhat loud. sounds like what you would think an electric pump would sound like. def could hear it in another room with the door closed. will make an off-smell as well. they need to be filled with lubricating oil, and the exhaust from the suction gets vented thru the oil, so theres a bit of a stink to the room if youre inside too.

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Ah right cool, so you can just set the pressure and iit will start pumping automaticly through the tubing, so you could just hold the end over your 10ml vials and mover it over 1 after the other till they have filled up in a line.

No, urgonna filter it from one container flask bottle whatever ur using ull put one tube into the unsterile solution that hose plugs into one port of the fast cap which is on top of ur media bottle of choice(use media bottle bc after filtering u put septa screw top on to keep solution sterile until ready to put ito smaller vials) then the other hose goes into the pressure gun(auto zone, kragen, do it urself brake bleed hand pump) pump ur gun up to desire psi and let it do its thing every so often u have to pump pressure back up tho

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Any recommendations for flasks to use for this.
Also tube lengths and sizes?

I'm currently looking at MedLab Supplies but may need to go elsewhere. Any suggestions?