©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

to the guys that brew large batches........

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
I bought a little under a gallon jug of gso from cash n carry (restaurant supply store) and one fast cap was able to filter enough vitamin to where i used almst the whole jug before chucking the filter w the exception ob tren ace using its own fastcap and destroying it after filtering 1000ml thru it clogd the sob.....listen jst order the fastcap and then buy urself the self brake bleed kit from auto store it comes w the 2hoses u will need fat cap sits on top on sterile media or glass flask of choice both hoses plug into the 2 diff ports on top on fast cap one hose then goes into unfilterd vita oil and other hose connects to vacuum pump (gun) squeeze trigger until u get psi to about 12 and it will do the rest on its own when its done put ur fastcap in a ziplock baggie or whatnot to store til next use....at least this is what workd for me i promise u wont even worry about the 25$ u spnt n wont want another filter after

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
The fastcap only works w gso ba/bb only vitamins tho brotha so if ur using eo or other stuff ur gonna have to use the zap cap which is rated for eo in other chems

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
I take it running this accesory kit won't work well with just a standard hand pump? Iv bought a cheap hand pump and it struggles to get over 15 (around 7psi) so I think a vacuum pump would be better and more convenient to run a few at once if I needed to??

Advice thanks

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Get a vacuum pump from an air conditioner repair person supply store..they use the pump to vacuum freon out of systems in cars and houses..quality is better as well as price..web search ." Buy a/c vacuum pump... welcome ib..

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Get a vacuum pump from an air conditioner repair person supply store..they use the pump to vacuum freon out of systems in cars and houses..quality is better as well as price..web search ." Buy a/c vacuum pump... welcome ib..

Ok thanks for that, I take it you can adjust the pressure on them all? There not all 1 setting, there's a lot on ebay iv noticed when I searched a/c vacuum pump.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
There's a 42litre/min for $125 (weighs 6-7kg)

How does that 42ltr/min convert to the pressure we need? Is 42ltr/min a lot?

Also what the difference between a stage 1 2 and 3??

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Can you run a few at once on a vacuum pump then? I'm just thinking if I get one that's too powerful its just going to rip thru all the filters and be no good.
I want to use fast-caps.

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
A 3 cfm pump will be more than sufficient. It will pull multiple filtering units to the negative vacuum that your looking for. These type of pumps only do one thing, "suck". There's no adjusting vacuum. It will always try to pull -30 in hg.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
3 CFM Single-stage Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump R410a R134 Hvac A/c Air Refrigerant:Amazon:Automotive
Just did a quick search on Amazon. You'll still have to buy some fittings and hoses to adapt to your filter top.

Ok thanks for that, how does it work to keep the correct vacuum tho? Won't say 5+ filters need more than 1 filter?

If there's no adjusting then won't more filters drop the vacuum power the more you add??

Also is that not the same as the a/c high vacuum pump ib mensioned? They look the same anyway??

Thanks

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
buy some whatman fast caps! I just filtered 332 mls of 300mg/ml test E in 5 minutes, NO SHIT! I have a vacuum pump that keeps a steady 25 in/hg pressure, I have never seen gear filter so fast, temp was about 65* C, I have had the filters for a while, this was just the first time I've used on. They say that the filter has a life of 10 L, thats a lotta gear for one filter membrane! They're not cheap, I think they're about 25-30$ a pop, but so worth it!

I used 1 for 300ml was great but soon as I took it off to filter another batch it wouldn't work? Same happened with all 4 that I bought, once it has been vacuumed and took off, once I try to reuse it doesn't work.

If you put the new fastcap on the flask and pump it it doesn't suck on till you add the inlet for the oil.

Once it has oil in the filter if you detach the filter and remove the oil inlet, then vacuum pump it, it will suck to the flask without the oil inlet. It shouldn't do that, that's why it doesn't work if you try and use it a 2nd time.

I don't know why it does that tbh?

Anyone?

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
1.5 cfm deep vac jst like the one on med lab is 90$ new off amazon and u can go to harbor frieght or any supply store n make ur own pressure valve to adjust how much vac u want to use at a time