©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AnaSCI Movie Thread

Jun 19, 2017
My favorite that's recent is John Wick and JW chapter 2.Also know it seems lame but wanna see the new Baywatch,like Dwayne Johnson.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Watched Alien: Covenant last night. Same as the rest, even had that feel and look as the original Alien and Alien 2. Was good to see them patch up the holes from the last one.

Wonder how they will do with the Alien 3 remake with Weaver back in there, as if part 3 on never happened?

gungalunga

Jul 5, 2017
Saw the new Planet of the Apes and Spiderman movies. Both were good. Definitely worth a watch.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Wife is a Stephen King fan (my office bookcases are filled with every one of his books and the others he wrote in a different name, as well as his son's books)...So I'll be going to the movies to see Dark Towers and IT when they hit the screen.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Wife is a Stephen King fan (my office bookcases are filled with every one of his books and the others he wrote in a different name, as well as his son's books)...So I'll be going to the movies to see Dark Towers and IT when they hit the screen.

Went and saw IT yesterday...Not a bad movie but a little draggy. Pennywise was entertaining for sure lol...They set it up for a part 2 though instead of a straight through movie like the 80's version.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Went and saw IT yesterday...Not a bad movie but a little draggy. Pennywise was entertaining for sure lol...They set it up for a part 2 though instead of a straight through movie like the 80's version.

I still haven't seen that yet. Although first in my list is Jigsaw.

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
I still haven't seen that yet. Although first in my list is Jigsaw.

Jigsaw was good but just like the others. I can't complain as there have been so many so it should be no surprise. Entertaining but predictable. I enjoyed IT but it did drag and felt more like a comedy than a horror.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Just watched Den of Thieves.
Good movie.
A little longer then it should have been but worth the watch.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Darkest hour was good but a bit boring in parts. The latest insidious started great but become very stupid and I don't recommend it. Annihilation was very good and had an interesting plot.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Jigsaw was good but just like the others. I can't complain as there have been so many so it should be no surprise. Entertaining but predictable. I enjoyed IT but it did drag and felt more like a comedy than a horror.

I watched both and have to agree. I enjoyed Jigsaw more out of the 2. I recently saw Foreigner with Jackie Chan and that was great.

ssdark1

Apr 12, 2018
Not at all a Matt Damon fan (anymore) but watched Downsized last night and it was a damn good movie. Lot of effort to make a very creative idea seem plausible

ssdark1

Apr 12, 2018
Oh yeah... also "12 Strong" with Chris Hemsworth. One of the better war movies in a while imo. It's based off a true story from the Afghan war and based on my experience.. ridiculously accurate portrayal of events.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Batman Ninja for any comic hero/batman fans like me lol It was awesome artwork detailed like a moving comic, Joker took gotham back in time to rule feudal japan he became Shogun and Batman was the ninja clan prophecy far fetched but awesome. I also having studied Bujutsu in Japan combined with here 40 years

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Avengers infinity watched in my kodi - damn wtf sort of ending ?? Oh beware there’s 2 minutes of movie AFTER the ten minutes of credits that confuses even more ....

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
A quiet place looks good so that is on my list to watch. There are not many good horror films these days.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Wish I could take some time and watch a good adult flick
The lady movies I watched is show dogs- it was good thow

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Watched a quiet place was really bizarre I honestly didn’t get it but I watched the whole movie .

Saw new avengers movie another good but confusing ending plus you have to sit though ten minute of closing credits to see the last 2 minutes ending of the movie that confuses everyone more lol.

I want to see the equalizer 2 and the newest Jurassic Park looked interesting.

Animated movie “ Batman Ninja “ I purchased lol it was actually awesome !! Totally far fetched fantasy but hey that’s why I love movies to escape reality . The joker essentially takes bunch of Gotham including batman to feudal Japan . Now as expert Japanese bujutsu historian / practitioner ( as well as many Filipino , Indonesian ,Korean , Chinese and other aisian combat methods) joker was shogun of ancient clan and Batman was supposedly part of this ancient ninja clan prophecy - so basically the conflict / movie is set in feudal Japan Batman dons armor and a katana ( samurai sword ) though back in feudal times the term samurai really didn’t exist - bushi was loosely used to define soldier serving a lord / shogun . Now I usually hate martial art movies despite my lifetime if study - however just was very entertained- plus the artwork was detailed like a comic book not like cartoon . Since child always loved Batman so this maybe was more enjoyable to me for that reason lol

Winchester- haunting horror movie enjoyed it .

Netflix :
The titan sci-fi was pretty cool engineered human being to survive on far away planet due to earths extinction I loved it

Omg Jared Leto started in “ the outsider “ an American in war time became a Japanese Yakuza if you love mafia type movies this was awesome

.... to be cont

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
A quiet place looks good so that is on my list to watch. There are not many good horror films these days.

Watched a quiet place was really bizarre I honestly didn’t get it but I watched the whole movie .

Went and watched this with my wife...Best part was we had the ENTIRE theater to ourselves! Pretty good movie...Could have had a little more backstory to it, which would have filled in any plot gaps.

Saw new avengers movie another good but confusing ending plus you have to sit though ten minute of closing credits to see the last 2 minutes ending of the movie that confuses everyone more lol.

Saw this one...Not a big fan of the Marvel movies but liked it (thought they did a good job Thanos)! I would say for me it was #2 behind GOTG and before Thor: Ragnorok...GOTG2 was good but never really got into any of the other Marvel movies?!

Animated movie “ Batman Ninja “ I purchased lol it was actually awesome !!

Actually saw this trailer a couple times come by...Was always a fan of the genre like Ninja Scroll, Ninja Resurrection and Basilisk (shit even Afro Samurai followed the core pretty well!)...This Batman looks a lot like those in a way, or at least made me sad that they never came through with a Ninja Scroll 2 after that horrible series that pushed out years later:(:p

Durro

Jan 24, 2018
I hope Solo is good. If you are a Star Wars fan it will be. Can’t wait!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Shit forgot why I came into this thread yesterday :p

Went and saw Deadpool 2 yesterday, good movie...Liked the first one better, this one had even more comedy to it if that's possible lol...Brolin made a good Cable!