©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit some back today. First workout since the kidney infection. Feeling stronger so I thought I would test the water. Went well, but I am easing into it. Hyper-extensions, t-bars, hammer rows and pull downs. Nice to move again. Going to try to keep it going this weekend.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Completely slept past my alarm this morning... But wasn't going to compromise my training so I just came into work late and pushed my day back.

My tendinitis is getting really bad in my left elbow. For a few weeks it was just slightly painful but now it is getting hard to do any curls. I used my tennis elbow support and was at least able to move some weight but had to go with a little higher rep range

Superset of bis and tris
Straight BB Curls 5 sets then a RP set 12, 8, 8, 8, 12 then RP drop set doing 3 RPs at each drop
Smith Close Grip bench 5 sets then a RP drop set 12, 8, 8, 8, 8 then three drops doing 3 RPs at each drop

Shoulder superset
Seated strict side laterals 5 sets of 12 with partials on the last two sets and a RP set to finish
Front Bb Raises 5 sets of 12

Superset
Machine side laterals 6 sets did 5 sets of 12 then finished with a RP drop set
Nautilus plate loaded shoulder press 5 sets of 10

Great intense session. I feel like my body is responding well to this training

What kind of supps do you take for your tendentious?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning!! Getting ready for arms . going to be a supersetted workout as the gym will have the saturday morning crew in benching and such.
I've been alternating between superstted bi/tri w/o's and staright tris first followed by bi's . Can not come up with a quality training partner to save my life
Don't any of the youngsters care about getting big and strong anymore?
Well I guess I'll run up on one some day. I once had this austrailian girl for a training partner.She was baaaad! use to bid her lttle tiites down and
pass for a dude so she could box with the men. Tough little chick.
Wish she had'nt got deported. Oh yeah i'm rambling.
Everyone have great day .... T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, hate to hear about the tendonitis. That is some stubborn stuff to deal with and patience and time will be needed. I hate to say this, but sometimes when it just keeps progressing to worse, some rest may be required + everything you are doing now (ice, curcumin, etc.). At the least, think of movements that aggravate it the least and stay with those for a while. Tendons are slow to heal. They just don't get much blood in there to speed healing, but you already know that. You'll get past this.

Hit some shoulders and traps yesterday. I've lost a lot of strength the past few months, but it sure feels good to do something. May be back in the gym today before wife and I have afternoon plans + dinner later.

Make each day a good one.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well ended up going to pick up a bed, take my sister and my family out to eat, and met up with a friend. Needless to say didn't work out yesterday chest today. Brick don't worry about ur strength it'll come back when you're done with all this crap soon enough.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest and bi's today

Started with the hammer strength bench 5x12 superset hammer strength preacher curls

Free weight flys 5x12 super set standing dumbbell curls

Free motion fitness incline/decline flys right into presses for each working set. Superset one arm ISO curls thumbs out holding at the peak of the contraction for 2 seconds

Peck deck 5x12 superset one arm cable curls sets of 20.

Great pump did 40 minutes cardio and done

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Love you brick and you are right... I can still hit legs like fucking animal!

Anyway, I'm off work because if this storm and I just called me gym and they are open. Hoping I have the place to myself. Gonna squat all day

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Legs and cardio as I have no vehicle as it is in shop due to an uninsured lady who hit me.. leg and cardio as in walking and bus . Heres what I think..
Hey brick u tough son of a gun.. cool brutha.

Attachments

• daily_morning_awesomeness_40_photos14_1393865417.jpg
    daily_morning_awesomeness_40_photos14_1393865417.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
OK, so I was thinking I was going to kill legs all day... after destroying them to the point I could not walk after a few exercises, I decided to do a chest and back superset and call it a day. I'm not saying it was not successful, I am just saying I fucking smoked my wheels and couldn't get anything more out of them... YEAAAHAWWWW mother fuckers!

Superset
Seated leg curls 5 sets of 12
Seated Calves with 10 sec pause on the bottom 5 sets 0f 8-10

V-squat every set to failure 15, 12, 8, 6, 6, 5, 5 then I did a drop set hitting 3 drops. I was ready to puke and had to catch my breath and sit down

Leg press (this is the fun shit!!!!!!!) started at 220lbs and did 10 reps increasing the weight by 20lbs and doing 10 reps... up 20lb, 10 reps.... with no rest until I coul not longer get a single rep........................ then I went all the way back down the stack. Probably about 160 - 190 reps alone right there.

I was shaking at this point and felt like I was going to die

I did lying leg curls... 5 sets of 10-12

Glute buster 3 sets of 15

Super set
Nautilus incline bench 5 sets of 12 last set was a DC style rest pause with a statics
Free Motion single handle pulldowns 5 sets of 12 last set was a DC style rest pause with a statics

I just slammed 150g carbs and want to go back to sleep

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
dang IB, I hate to hear that about your car. I hope its not too much damage.

Back in from chest. Not too bad. I felt good about it for this point in time. 3 days and counting down...

Make 'em count brothers

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Cool Ib hitting the gym! Rest of ya's keep womping on that shit! Leaving for early chest and shoulders . Training with my old room mate. very good training partner. Holler back later.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Love for the brick meiser!!!!!!!

I was delayed for work today....that means more training time to make it count!

Back, chest and shoulders with some higher rep leg stuff

BB bent rows 275lbs for 2 sets of 8, 295lbs for 2 sets of 6, 305lbs for 2 sets of 5 then one last drop set starting at 305lbs

Incline BB Bench 185lbs for 1 set of 12, 205lbs for 3 sets of 7, 210lbs for 2 sets of 5 then one drop set starting at 210lbs

Behind the neck smith shoulder press 3 sets of 8, then 2 sets of 6 and then 2 sets of 5 then one rest pause DY style set to finish it off

SLDLs 4 x12
Leg Press 4x 8
Cabled crunches 4x20

With the sets at the end of my heavy base training, I was dead. It is not a alot of volume but when you go balls out, it is killer.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Trained back today. It was the first real back workout since pre-surgery at the end of January. Rack deads, t-bars, pull downs. My old staples from years past. Nice little pump going and a smile on my face.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Got into an argument with the old lady last night so once again no workout. I'm thinking I might go twice today but gotta go clear across town to help a buddy out

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Shit, phoe....that sucks man...

So I fought the tendinitis today and worked around it. Pretty good session with arms and shoulders

Superset
Straight BB curls (light) 6 sets repping like a mo-fo
Hammer curls 6 sets of 12 (these don't hurt)
Smith Close Grip bench 6 sets 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5 then one last drop set starting with the weight I used for 5 reps

Superset
Kettlebell strict side laterals 5 sets of 12
Front BB raises 5 sets of 12

Superset
machine laterals 4 sets of 12
nautilus overhead press 4 sets of 8

Triceps pressdowns 3 sets doing max reps with palms down then dropping the weight and doing reverse pressdowns

Not complicated but effective. Shoulders are coming up....FINALLY

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
K so here it is we've been fighting cuz she's pregnant again the first one we lost back in August. She's got 2 already and this will be my first. So hopefully this goes smoother than last time. Anyways back tonight since I didn't get it in last night. She's got back and tri's