©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick if there is anyone that can make it through that treatment with flying colors, it is you my friend. Spend every day doing something you love...not necessarily gym related either

Well for where I am in getting started dieting, I am quite lean. We are starting a clean up phase...so no little snacks like greek yogurts and such. And just for fun, I decided to try a DNC stack pre-workout...HOLY SHIT! What have I been missing out on all my life! Shit keeps me wired for hours

Today was legs with chest and back accessory
Squats: failure at 12, 10, 8, 6 and 6 - these were good sets. Nice and deep and really took a lot out of me
Leg Press: 2 sets of 8 then one drop set hitting 4 different drops
Lying Leg curls: failure at 12, 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8 - yeah, lots of sets
Calf raises: 4 sets done DC style

Superset
Flat Nautilus Chest Press: 4 sets of 10-12 then one rest-pause set with a static done in DC fashion
Wide Freemotion Pulldowns 5 sets of 10-12

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Atom I'm always into trying new pre-workout supps been trying to find the stack you mentioned.
Anyways started the packing process yesterday so I skipped my leg workout gonna go hit legs this morning and chest tonight with the old lady when she gets off work.

Brick you know if there's anything at all that we can do to ease some burden or help cheer u up during this treatment you know we're here for you. Maybe a stripper-gram lol.

Ib hope you and ur friend had a great weekend.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Not training today. I'm in seattle with my sister. Trained a quick abbreviated
back session with our own IB Friday. Cats out of the bag! IB is Very stout in the strength dept. I don't see many tall guys that BB row nice strict sets of 275-315 let alone in late 40's on light trt. Yeah the guy is strong . Very good training pard.
You can tell when someone is a longtime vet of hardcore iron work.
Other than that IB has been one hell of a cool tour guide here.
Flying home tues and back to quads on wens.. You kids be good now while
us old fucks are sowing some wild oats..... Thx , T...

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You guys are great! thank you for your support.

Hit some chest today. Not sure if its the chemo but damn I was weak. I don't care really, least i did it. Feeling decent today. I do like that.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Brick you are a damn bull. i miss a couple meals and some sleep and i missed couple w/o's. Gotta get some of that mojo for myself .
You gonna do some juicing while getting the Chem?
We had a blast today. IB knows his way around really well . Took us to a bunch of cool spots. THe whrilpool here has really strong jets and is hot.
Gonna go get in there. Saw them service it this morning. Must have let the piss/water mix out.
Cool for me so I 'm heading in. (clue how does he know the jets are stout?)
answer cuz I was sloshin around in the slurry myself this weekend.
Fuggit! was Milf land.............................Lil whiz aint gonna hurt cha... lol T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom I'm always into trying new pre-workout supps been trying to find the stack you mentioned.
Anyways started the packing process yesterday so I skipped my leg workout gonna go hit legs this morning and chest tonight with the old lady when she gets off work.

Brick you know if there's anything at all that we can do to ease some burden or help cheer u up during this treatment you know we're here for you. Maybe a stripper-gram lol.

Ib hope you and ur friend had a great weekend.

You'll find it if you swing on over to generationxbodybuilding... It is sweet!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Really busy at work and going to be that way until the end of March...

Busted my ass this AM and was looking swole as hell. Started upping some things and boom...leaner and larger.

Superset
BB Bent Rows sets of 12, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5, 5
Incline BB Bench sets of 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5, then one drop set starting at my 5 rep weight

Superset
Behind the Neck Smith Military press 12, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4 sets of 12
After I finished the deadlifts, still supersetting with shoulders Hack Squats 4 sets of 12

I felt good just pounding those exercises and I was in a groove.

Hope you all are doing well and a tip of the hat to you Brick

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Skipped training today. Had a lot of fatigue today. I guess its from the chemo. Shootin' for tomorrow.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
We did too Brick ..I sent the iron brutha home with some moss growing on his head from the wonderful rain.. Im now solo., 5 days is not enuf but we jammed in what would be 10 with chat ..lol..Be back pushin steel tomorrow.. glad u guys keep up the good work..

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Brick you are a damn bull. i miss a couple meals and some sleep and i missed couple w/o's. Gotta get some of that mojo for myself .
You gonna do some juicing while getting the Chem?
We had a blast today. IB knows his way around really well . Took us to a bunch of cool spots. THe whrilpool here has really strong jets and is hot.
Gonna go get in there. Saw them service it this morning. Must have let the piss/water mix out.
Cool for me so I 'm heading in. (clue how does he know the jets are stout?)
answer cuz I was sloshin around in the slurry myself this weekend.
Fuggit! was Milf land.............................Lil whiz aint gonna hurt cha... lol T

From your pics, it sure looked like fun!

1fifteen-fat-people-hot-tub.jpg.cf.jpg

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
LOL..I did not participate in such erractic behavior. I just suggested to T that for him to leave a lower carbon footprint in seatown and to save electricity his piss is 98degrees.:naughty1:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Taking a break from the grind to connect with the crew... Brick, hang in there brother. Just battle out through these weeks and then get back to what you love...

Had another nice session today and I needed it after the stress I've been under at work. Bombed away bis and tris with just one exercise each and then pounded up the old delts.

Superset
BB Curls Sets of 12, 12, 10, 10, 10, 8, 8, 6
Smith Close grip Bench 12, 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 6 -> this was a drop set

Superset
Seated Kettlebell Lateral raises turning the pink up 5 x 12
Front BB raises with pause at the top 5 x 12

Super set
Upright row 4 x 10
Rear Delt Machine 4 x 15 and on the last set I did 4 drops down the rack and repped out

All was good... But damn are my sinuses clogged up. I can't breathe worth a damn

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I hate this fatigue, but I did manage a back workout today. Strength is def down and after 45 minutes, I was more than done and ready to wrap it up. Not the same stamina either. Doctor this AM told me to keep moving but if I need to rest, rest! Listen to my body. Next chemo is tomorrow. 11 weeks to go. Already looking forward to the end of it. May be an every other day workout for a while.

Hang tough brothers.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
I hate this fatigue, but I did manage a back workout today. Strength is def down and after 45 minutes, I was more than done and ready to wrap it up. Not the same stamina either. Doctor this AM told me to keep moving but if I need to rest, rest! Listen to my body. Next chemo is tomorrow. 11 weeks to go. Already looking forward to the end of it. May be an every other day workout for a while.

Hang tough brothers.

Brick just the fact of your attitude during this and that your still working out at all while going thru chemo is a testament to your strength both internally and externally seriously brother your an inspiration to all of us...thanks man!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
What's up freaks! Have not really been on the boards(again), but training my ass off still for a full power meet. Hit a all time PR the other day on deads so that was cool. Squats are getting better but they are going to take the most time I think...
Damn elbows been hurting me too now, but I've been hitting them with massage and ice and doing a lot of volume to get blood in there and it seems to be getting better.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
What's up freaks! Have not really been on the boards(again), but training my ass off still for a full power meet. Hit a all time PR the other day on deads so that was cool. Squats are getting better but they are going to take the most time I think...
Damn elbows been hurting me too now, but I've been hitting them with massage and ice and doing a lot of volume to get blood in there and it seems to be getting better.

Keep at it brothers.... As we get older seems like we all have injurys and other set backs but this thread is so motivating for all of us. I took the day off as a rest day but will be back to hitting the iron tomorrow. Shoulders tomorrow

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
LOL..I did not participate in such erractic behavior. I just suggested to T that for him to leave a lower carbon footprint in seatown and to save electricity his piss is 98degrees.:naughty1:

Yeah but could of scored my little indian hottie if i'd not had some
technical difficulties lol. Also the sistas on the last morning let us know loud and clear she likes to party. No matter we had a blast.
Oh yeah you can quit down playing your strength in the gym .
This bastard is strong as a mofo guys! Big fucker too.
Has not to be fucked with all over his smiling mug. Big lovable dog
just best to befriend and not piss off! lol. IB absolutley made the trip..
Brick just stay in a active mode as much as you can. Remember after the 11 weeks muscle memory will be your best buddy.
It will pop back shortley.. If anything you need shout out.
You are probably the most loved guy on the boards...
Chest and shoulders today . Gonna be a mid range w/o as I will be due for chest next tues. Love to have IB for a regular pard .
Knew right away he'd spent lots of years under heavy iron.
We just clicked in the gym from the first set. Very cool.
Hope all have a great day. Lets get the most out of our short little dance here on earth. Life is good. Can't even put into words
the thanks i have for IB and the Seattle trip.
Started out with a rescue when the rent a car agent (female) threatened to cut me stab me etc if I was in her country.
What a scene as I very loudly explained I was not in her country
she was in my country. Thanks for keeping out of jail big buddy!
T