©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Uhhggggggg freaking sinuses..... I look like the damn walking dead. My supervisor was just like, f-it go the hell home and take tomorrow off so you aren't sick all weekend (yes, I get paid when I take off too...)

Anyway, despite that, I rocked my workout. Muscle rounds a la atomant style

Leg Press - 4 sets / 8 -12 reps per round / 6 + rounds.... I started at 12 reps for each round and when I got to round 4 I took the sets to failure and then I went past 6 round until I could no longer get another rep up

Hammer Strength Inclien Press 4 sets / 8 -12 reps per round / 6 + rounds.... Same as above...I started at 12 reps for each round and when I got to round 3-4 I took the sets to failure and then I went past 6 round until I could no longer get another rep up.

I added an atomic drop set at the end for a 5th set

Lying Leg Curls 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 6-8 reps per round I kept these traditional and got a good squeeze

That was it... but felt killer

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Busy day today. Got a doctors appointment in a couple hours then off to get my truck cleaned and after that try to fit in an arm workout probably just get in bi's. Tri's tomorrow I guess. Step son( soon to be step son)has state all star in basketball game tonight.

Turbo sounds like u and ib had a great visit. All except the car rental lady trying to stab u lol

Brick you're gonna conquer this and you'll be back to slamming weights around in no time.

Atom yea sinuses suck the pollen etc is outta control down here and I always start getting sinus problems in early spring. You're very lucky to have a job where they still will pay you.

Everyone else hope y'all have a great day and get out and enjoy the weather its a beautiful day. Hopefully it is the same way wherever you may be.
P

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Ok so here it is:

Leg ext: 4x8 40sec rest. Double drop set on last set.

Hack Squat (quad focus): 4x8 40sec rest. Double drop set on last set.

DB Lunges: 4x20 (40 sec rest)

Leg press (low, quad focus): 4x20 (40 sec rest)

Seated calf raise: 3x8 (40sec rest)
- double drop on every set

Donkey Calf raise: 4x8 40sec rest. Double drop set on last set.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
LOL..im still laughen T .she needed the shock and awe of a dual lightswitch I think.... Hey Brick ..You have probably already filled u in here but hows the appetite and the thirst brutha..? Anything u crave as far as anything to eat or drink ..Anything besides booze you should not drink? Fav protein powder? Dont make me come there. Lol.
T i wrecked on my bike ..frame has a 200lb limit and the carbon fiber wanted me off it. .. Glad to see Atom phoe jim daniel are stayin bad ass. ..keep it up..
Oh did shoulders to get back In the swing a things. And 5 mile bike ride and 1 mile on foot cardio..

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey phoe she did not try to stab me only told me what she would do if I were in her country while smiling. Was bizarre. Told her to call hubby and have him drive on over to accept her ass whipping gratis.. Maybe she was just having a bad day with murderous thoughts....?My poor little sister was probably thinking where she was gonna dig up bail money.. Ok today i'm hitting an easy whole body to get back on schedule/track on monday.. IB what the f---k you do tonthat poor bicycle? Hey they have test rides coming for the 2014 indian here next month.
Dig it! Gotta try that bike before hook up a road king or ultra.
Brick Keep up the 1000 yrad stare brother. You are tuff tufff tuff!
I (we) think about you daily and the positive vibes find thier way to you.
I have a new phone # that I will pm you when I get off here.
Everyone have great weekend..... I'll be around if ya's need me..
IB did you call V yet? ..... T............ Oh yeah good to see a new name here daniel.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
thanks guys!

T- Your posts leave me smiling. I'm eating what sounds good at the time. Nausea has been under control so far. Got 3 different meds for that. Just trying to keep the calories in right now. Now is not the time to lose weight they tell me. I came home from chemo yesterday tired and hungry. Made a home made pizza and ended up eating most of the damn thing! Wife had one piece lol. Been drinking all the water I can to keep things flushed and clean. Just got back to pick up more antibiotics they called in. Still have a little infection in that kidney they tell me, don't want to let that get out of control. Damn kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy these days. I hate those fuckin' orange bottles.

Going to try some guns after lunch.

Spring coming brothers! And the weekend is at the door.

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning! Made a decision. Training and focus first then deak with the day.
You know many of us tuffin up with time and some of us get worn tynhe hell down and start "compromising" the things that matter to us pesonelly.
We start "easing into this and easing into that . I guuess what i'm saying is where the fuck did my mojo go!?When I was younger i would make a decision and just matter of factly see it through. Time to get back to some drive and focus from days in the past. I'm getting my heart and lungs back into good condition. need to have ample 02 for deep sets . Brick has been an inspiration for me and I'm sure many of you. Who has a valid excuse for mediocrity today?!
No such thing . Ok leaving for legs . Body get ready here comes a good ole body shock! F--k yeah ! T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Guys, I had a pretty decent chest workout today. Not sure why, but I feel pretty good today. Workout partner made it in and fired me up some. Went for a early walk too. Nice change from yesterday when I just didn't have it. I get this week off from chemo.

Guys, T, IB, Phoe, Atom... EVERYBODY. When I am feeling a little cornered, I reread your posts of encouragement and it makes me smile and keep pushing for a better day. So you may have put those up days ago, but I still read them to remind myself. True friends in iron right here.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Thebrick
Hey brother glad u had a great workout u know we're in ur corner and would like to help u out anyway we can. Keep it up brother you and your drive have been such an inspiration to many of us who take our day for granted, push our selves that much more during our day, in life, and throughout our own struggles, as well as our workouts. Now go buy that juicer and take your wife out for a nice dinner and enjoy everyday to the fullest. I know the money we've been able to generate isn't gonna cover but maybe a percentage of your growing medical bills but I hope it helps lesson the burden or stress during this time.

Keep up this positive attitude as you can see its contagious and helps my of us as well.;);););)
Thanks
P

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Sorry I didn't get on here yesterday guys.... Brick. so happy to see you are feeling good! Positivity breeds positivity!

We got hit with a good amount of snow yesterday and I was off from work so I trained my ass off.... Squatted till I puked, twice.

Today was chest, back and shoulders with some leg work added in
Superset
Incline BB bench 6 sets (10,10, 8, 8, 6, 6) then one more traditional drop set
BB Bent Rows 7 sets (10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6, 6)

Superset
Behind the Neck smith Shoulder Press 7 sets (12, 12, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6)
SLDLs 4 sets of 12

Superset
Leg Press 4 sets of 8
Machine Side laterals 4 sets of 10-12

Shoulders are looking jacked as shit! I'm getting much harder and more vascular. This prep should not be all that cardio intensive....

Hope you all have a good one!

Oh, and my fiance and I decided on our honeymoon location.... After talking to bunch of people, this has everything we want.... http://www.hrhrivieramaya.com/heaven-at-hard-rock.htm

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, I think you made a great choice. maybe you mentioned it already, what time of year are you going? The water is stunning and the food is awesome. You will LOVE it. My wife and I love Playa del Carmen, hands down. That's our vacation spot. We hope to go back one day after I get back on my feet hopefully.

Hit some back today. Training partner pushed me an extra step, felt great but didn't feel as strong as yesterday. Still, it was feeling good to move! Gotta love it, body/mind - mind/body. Keep moving forward through this.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom, I think you made a great choice. maybe you mentioned it already, what time of year are you going? The water is stunning and the food is awesome. You will LOVE it. My wife and I love Playa del Carmen, hands down. That's our vacation spot. We hope to go back one day after I get back on my feet hopefully.

Hit some back today. Training partner pushed me an extra step, felt great but didn't feel as strong as yesterday. Still, it was feeling good to move! Gotta love it, body/mind - mind/body. Keep moving forward through this.

Brick, we are getting married May 30, 2015 and since she is a teacher, we are going to wait until the school year is over to go on our honeymoon, so our honeymoon is going to be June 26, 2015 - July 3, 2015... It's a long way off, but booking now gives us a bunch of freebies that we want to take advantage of...

You are indomitable Brick! Must be nice to have a training partner to help you stay motivated and positive... Keeping the mind right is more than half the battle.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good time to go Atom! You will LOVE it! Water looks great that time of year. Aqua color like none other. If you are in the mood to get out of the resort for a while, head up to Playa for some fun on 5th Ave. (right next to the beach) or tour the Mayan ruins at Tulum. You will be close to that too. Very happy for you two! Are they picking you up at the Cancun airport via shuttle?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey good morning! Brick keep kick ass big daddy! You are an inspiration to all.
AA --buddy if i could get back to the pace and intensity that you put out in the gym I could get back to my formwer size etc. Gotta work on my lungs .
IB you busy with the domestic situ? we'll get that appetite going Brickster/.
I need help in that dept as well. I posted moday prior too legs about priority
for self /gym. Sure as shit I pulled into gym parking lot and had my phone ring.
Wasa family member. Kept me captive for an hour. Ened the convo with
them dredging up some really bad memories from decades ago . WTF!?
So now i';m sticking to my hard and fast rule . If it aint gym related then
it'll keep for two hours. In spite of the wonderful phone call I rocked legs .
getting over slight hip injury . Some slight adjustments from eddie on my squat stance and muscle activation changes made a huge differnce .
When I find myself not checking in here for a few days i know something is "off"
in my life. I am one that thrives best on regimented scheduling for my days activities. So with that thought I'm getting ready to leave for chest and delts.
i'll check in later today hopefully with a good report.
It's raining and melting that dirty while snow away here in Chi town.
Spring is right around the corner. Ok lets do it... ! T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
What's up t been wondering where you've been at?

Brick glad you have someone in your corner locally to push you a little

AA yea gonna have to get myself a passport soon as well me and the old lady would love to get married on a beach somewhere. I've never been out of the country other than the border towns way back when we use to go pick up gear 12-14 yrs ago. Looks really nice

Daniel like the new routine I usually will hit a few sets of light weight calves before squats. Haven't been doing it lately but it always seemed to get the blood flowing for a good leg workout

Ib I use to build and sale bikes when I was in hs but learned riding them later in life that I could easily pop the chain or sprocket just by pushing down with a little force trying to get the damn thing going

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Good time to go Atom! You will LOVE it! Water looks great that time of year. Aqua color like none other. If you are in the mood to get out of the resort for a while, head up to Playa for some fun on 5th Ave. (right next to the beach) or tour the Mayan ruins at Tulum. You will be close to that too. Very happy for you two! Are they picking you up at the Cancun airport via shuttle?

What's up t been wondering where you've been at?

Brick glad you have someone in your corner locally to push you a little

AA yea gonna have to get myself a passport soon as well me and the old lady would love to get married on a beach somewhere. I've never been out of the country other than the border towns way back when we use to go pick up gear 12-14 yrs ago. Looks really nice

Daniel like the new routine I usually will hit a few sets of light weight calves before squats. Haven't been doing it lately but it always seemed to get the blood flowing for a good leg workout

Ib I use to build and sale bikes when I was in hs but learned riding them later in life that I could easily pop the chain or sprocket just by pushing down with a little force trying to get the damn thing going

So after talking with the travel agent last night, we decided to go with a different resort.... We asked to see some additional pics of the beach and stuff and it not what we thought... not truly a honeymoon resort.

We are still going to go to the Mayan Riviera, but we are looking at the El dorado and Excellence. Both are much classier and much more high end but still within our budget. Here is Eldorado: http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/ Here is Excellence: http://www.excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-destinations/excellence-riviera-cancun

Today was good, but strange because I was moron and pinned my biceps a little too much and curls hurt lol

All supersets today
BB Curls (10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6) and the last set was a drop set
Smith Close grip bench (10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6) last set was a traditional drop set

Kettlebell side laterals 5 x15
BB Front Raises 5x12

Machine Side laterals 4 x 12
Machine Neutral grip overhead press 4x8

Triceps Pressdown 4 x10
Low cable curl variation I got from Dante 4 x 8
On the last set of each I did a drop set

Bustin' my ass at work... hope you all rock a solid training session and put up an extra for the Brick...

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
My gals been to the el Dorado resort her boss use to send all the managers on a 5 day vacation every year. Now he's opening my gal a new office to run all by herself after we move but we'll see if he follows through.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My gals been to the el Dorado resort her boss use to send all the managers on a 5 day vacation every year. Now he's opening my gal a new office to run all by herself after we move but we'll see if he follows through.

I think we are going to stay in the casitas at the Eldoado. The person we are working with is able to get us an upgrade room and complimentary massages and the $750 honeymoon add-on at no additional charge.

I would highly recommend the company, it is Beach Bum travel and the woman we are dealing with is Nanda.