©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
Back and hammys today.

Damn I didn't make it. So this is today. (Thursday now)

Sheesh.

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
MUSCLE ROUNDS!!!!

Debating if I want to hit doubles today... I might

This AM, I did:

Superset
Leg Press 4 sets / 6 rounds per set 8 reps per round...aat the end I was down to 5
Incline HS Chest Press 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 10 reps per round and by the end I was down to about 6

Superset
Lying Leg Curl 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 8 reps per round and I was down to 4 reps at the end
Calf Raises 4 sets done DC style

Seated Cable x-over atomic drop set! Just wanted to burn my chest the fuck out

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
No training for me today... gonna rest the ol shoulder. Been giving me fits the past couple days. Gettin' older aint for puss**s. Feeling pretty decent otherwise. Just in time for another round of chemo next week :banghead:

Hope IB is OK... haven't seen him in a few days...

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
So I ended up hitting the gym again last night to nail my chest and rep the shit out of my legs. It felt pretty damn good and and I slept like baby... too good because I slept right through my alarm.

This morning was another muscle round session:

Superset
Nautilus Lat pulldown 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 8 reps per round to start and was down to 5 by the end
Nautilus Military press 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 10 reps per round and was down to 6 by the end

Superset
Standing Cable Curls 4 sets / 6 rounds per set / 10 reps per round and was down to 7 by the end
Seated cable skullcrushers

Gonna go back tonight to hit some back thickness and shoulders..hel yeah brothers!

Kind of funny, over the past two days I was stopped at work three times by people who wanted to know if I was a bodybuilder and complimented me on my physique...and I am usually wearing a button down or dressy polo... So something must be coming through and changing...

How you feeling Brick?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ib is busy with some transitional move stuff. Brick keep the good attitude.
AA ya freak of intensity... Phoe I been on the run with family stuff.
May be coming to Tx in next month or so to see family.
Had a issue with getting on board til anasci told me to switch browsers . GTG now thanks anasci. Had a nmice haevy yates type back w/o yesterday.
sore today. Leaving for arms in a sec. All have a great day..
Check back with ya's later. T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Closing on our new house today. So probably won't be working out today.
T if u do head down this way hit me up.
Brick hope you and your shoulder are doing alright

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, feeling pretty good the last few days. I hit some guns today but got called away from the gym about 15 minutes early with the job. One of those days.

Phoe, congratulations of the house bro!!! Shoulder is OK for an 'ol man lol

Gonna hit shoulders tomorrow if i can. Keep it rolling.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Arm day was pretty good. getting w/o back on track after going to seattle for a week. Misc tomorow. One of the guys got his first 5o0 raw bench today.
EC tricked him into smoking 515 thinking it was 495. Those mental milestones
are nice... Have a good nite.. IB where ya be... T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Heading out for misc day. I'm hitting all the stuff that is neglected .
More of an excuse to train without cutting into large group recovery too much.
I'm just a head case on non gym days.. All have a great day.
Hey this is the only time March22 2014 will be here. Spend it wisely with a smile.. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good advice T! make this day count for something.

Just back in from shoulders and traps. Not too shabby. Weight has dropped a little more. Could be my diet. Eating a lot more vegetables and fruit, not so much animal protein, especially beef, these days. Really upping the antioxidants. Hoping that brings something good to the table for me down the road.

Hope you guys are having a kick-ass weekend.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Good advice T! make this day count for something.

Just back in from shoulders and traps. Not too shabby. Weight has dropped a little more. Could be my diet. Eating a lot more vegetables and fruit, not so much animal protein, especially beef, these days. Really upping the antioxidants. Hoping that brings something good to the table for me down the road.

Hope you guys are having a kick-ass weekend.

You to buddy and those veggies are good.. Will help you get that shredded look ;)

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Brick we are on the same schedule..shoulders traps my friend.. Glad u guys are gettn gym time in I kinda do just workin on a move soon so mind is elsewhere .Sunday chest as I promised a college kid id help him get his groove on ..
Brick im still sending positive vibes daily so that cancer can take a hike ..:).

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Glad you are training in the middle of a move IB. Moving is a full time job by itself. I'll take those positive thoughts bro, thanks.

Got some nice soreness going in the delts and traps. Planning on chest today. Hit the weights and have some laughs. Slept pretty good last night. Hoping the fatigue doesn't chase me too much today. Need to take advantage of my "good" days this week. Thursday starts my next chemo cycle. Already counting the weeks to the end of it. Hoping to have a good summer without seeing a doctor every 15 minutes lol

Monday is back and spring is here. Good to see the bright sun again. Let's rock and roll gentlemen. No prisoners.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Dudes, I think it is time for me to take a few days easy.... Just feel beat the fuck up and need some rest. Joints are sore and I feel worn out... It guess it was the two-a-days I was hitting all last week. I may just hit it hard 4 days this week and rest on the others.

So today, I went a little DC style:
Seated calves DC reps 4 sets
Lying Leg Curls Rest-Pause 9+5+2 then did one static, then dropped the weight and did another static
Hack Squats 1 set of 12, 1 set of 10, 1 set of 8 then 1 widowmaker
Leg Extensions 1 drop set with 4 drops

Superset
Nautilus flat bench 4x12
Freemotion single arm pulldown 4x12

Keep at it Brick, make the most of each day!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Really AA? You feeling beat up? Shit I get sore just reading your training log.
Time for good recovery via nutrition and rest . The edge of overtraining and
then timed rest interval gives you those nice bounces in gains . Rock on .
Phoe I may take you up on that time permitting. Brick you badass sob!
You inspire the hell out of me . Now I can blame you tomorrow for my leg soreness that i am about to go make happen. IB Ib Ib. be glad when the
living situ gets settled out so's you can make some great gym strides.
Guys I had mentioned before --- I think.. Well anyway when IB and I trained back out in seattle it was like we'd trained together for years. instinctivly knew what the other guy needed during sets. Was really cool and got me even whineyer for a quality full time training partner. Dude Knows how to train
for sure.. Jim glad to see you are still running with Bricks crew.
This is hands down my favorite part of the board(s)...
Ok bout to go jam some legs . Check back later.. Grim are you feeling any better buddy? Check in so we know how you are... THX T...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well where the hell have my buddies gone off to? Getting ready for chest /shoulders. Had another good leg day yesterday.. Watch Eddie casually take 562 for a nice perfect 8 reps on his squat. Gonna get a good one shortley my old training partner is coming over to train this am.
Hope each and every one of you have great day. Train hard rest and eat well and enjoy life.
T.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yeah, I hit the wall.... took it pretty easy today. Just some pumping exercises for chest, shoulders and back. higher rep smith presses, some DB flyes and some deep stretching for chest. High rep machine work for shoulders, controlled lat pulldowns and some seated machine rows...

Tired as all hell. Gonna take an epsom salt bath tonight and relax

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, listen to you body. May be the ol CNS letting you know. I like the "active rest" approach. Just back off the intensity but keep moving, unless you just need a few days of kicking the feet up and let that recovery and recharge happen. It will get you farther down the road in the end.

Hit chest yesterday. I had a decent one. Planning on back after lunch.

Good to see everyone hitting it.