©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Congrats on your daughter graduating!!! That is huge milestone in life!

Hang in there Brick, we got you brother!

Lately I've been alternating gyms based on what I need to work and the equipment. The one Golds by me has the full line of hammer strength, more rack, and leg machines.... I trained there last night for chest, shoulders and tris.

Wide H/S chest Press (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 11+5+3 This is one of my favorite chest machines. I take it slow on the eccentric and it stretches your pecs out immensely. Great to get blood flow into the pecs and start that pump
Incline DB bench 2 RP sets (15-20RP) 10+5+2
Mid height cable flyes 2 WM sets

H/S/ Behind the neck Shoulder press 2 RP sets (20-25rp) 13+6+3
BB Upright rows (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 11+5+3
Side Lateral WM 2 Wm sets

Triceps dip machines 2 RP sets (15-20RP) 10+5+2
Lying Db Triceps Ext 2 RP sets (20-30RP) 15+7+3
Overhead Triceps ext WM 2 Wm sets

finished it off with 20 mins on the stepper

Now, I FEEL like i am in prep hahah it that satisfying feeling of sacrifice

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
i did manage a little chest workout today... not feeling back 100% yet, but I did make a showing. Some days it takes a push.

custom

Apr 8, 2014
i did manage a little chest workout today... not feeling back 100% yet, but I did make a showing. Some days it takes a push.

I did chest today too Brick. I'm new around these parts and was told what was happening with you. Just want you to know my wife and I are keeping you in our prayers every night.
Custom

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation

Some days Brick, it is just the mental relief of moving some iron that soothes the soul... keep at it

I did chest today too Brick. I'm new around these parts and was told what was happening with you. Just want you to know my wife and I are keeping you in our prayers every night.
Custom

Swing by more often Custom... its a good place to interact and get to know one another here...

As for me, Chest, Shoulders and tris

H/S Decline bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+3, second was a RP drop set
Smith Incline Bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 9+4+2, second was lighter with very slow negative and wider grip
Waist High Cable X-over WM: Dide one WM set, rested 2 min then did a drop set down the stack

B/N Shoulder Press (11-15RP) 3 RP sets, 9+4+2, next one was at the same weight and third one was at a light weight
BB Upright Row (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+2, next one was at the same weight...nothing special
Machine laterals WM, did 1 WM set, then reduced the weight and did a second RP Set, dropped the weight and hit max reps, dropped again and hit max reps

Close Grip BB bench (15-20RP) 2 RP sets 10+5+2, second was a lighter weight with higher reps
Decline DB Extension (20-30RP) 2 RP sets, 14+6+3, seconds was the same weight
Overhead triceps Extension WM, did my WM set then rested about 90 seconds and did overhead extensions till failure, then dropped the weight and did triceps pressdowns to failure and then dropped the weight and did reverse pressdowns till failure. There was no rest between exercises.

Sick pump and felt great after... jasmine rice and mix of beef and chicken for PWO. delicious.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Damn been lazy last couple days got a workout in Saturday and then busy as hell yesterday with wedding and all so had to get some rest today. Tomorrow back at it. Think its back day anyways.

Brick just remember the end is near brother. And every workout you get in is just that much time you keep your mind preoccupied.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Bis, Forearms and Back

As usual, once I got going I got a little carried away and wanted to keep that pump rocking...

H/S Machine Preachers (15-20RP) 2 RP sets, 9+4+2, second was a lighter set

DB Hammer Curls (20-30RP) 2 RP sets, 14+7+3, second started at the same weight and then i did a drop after the RP set

H/S underhand Iso pulldown (15-20RP) 3 RP sets all the same weight, 10+5+3...additional sets focused on getting a deep stretch slow eccentric

Rack Deads 4 sets, 1x12, 2x8, 1x6 - all sets to positive failure

Seated Cable Rows 1x15 (failure), 1x10 (failure), 1x(15-20RP) 10+4+2, 1x(20-30RP) 14+7+4

Freemotion Wide Pulldowns 1 WM set + 1 WM plus drop sets (3 drops)

Chest Supported machine rows 1x atomic drop set, 1xWM

Cybex Machine Curl Widowmaker 1 x WM

As brutal as it is, it feels so good!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit back today. Feeling a bit better. Got it in but it won't win any awards. Start my last cycle of chemo tomorrow. I'm ready to be done with it. Two weeks more.

You guys hit it hard.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
No gym for me today. You guys put an extra plate on the bar for me today. Hoping to get some training in tomorrow!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Will do Brick... let the countdown begin!

From yesterday...

5/7/2014: AM - Cardio on the stepmill for 30 mins

5/7/2014: PM - Legs

Superset
A1) Leg press Toe Press 4 sets of 12, 12, 10, 9 with 10 second pauses on the bottom
A2) Leg Press (high and wide) 4 sets 12, 10, 8, 6

Seated Leg Curls (15-20RP) 2 RP sets, 12+5+2, second was same weight but did did drops after the RP set

BB Back Squats: Worked up to heavy set of 6 and did 3 sets of 6

Jefferson deadlifts 4 sets of 8 with a very slow eccentric and squeeze at the top

Sissy Hack Squats 3 straight sets, 10, 8, 8 then 1 widowmaker set

Leg Extensions 1 set of 15 with 5 partials after, 1 set of 15 with 10 partials, 1 set of 15 with 5 partials, then 3 drops. Max reps at each drop with 5 partials after I maxed out full reps

That was all she wrote!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Ok I told will, robinson and doctor smith to fuk off.. Yeah i was feeling lost in space. just got drained with nonstop crap. New rule Daddy gets his gym time .
Heading out for as break in w/o . Have not train3ed for over a week. talking about "deloading" ! ok holler later ... T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Testing out for my new job. Hoping to get a workout in tonight. I've really been letting my leg workouts kinda fall to the way side cuz some weeks might only be able to train 3-5 days and don't want the rest of my body to miss out cuz my legs grow super fast compared to the rest of my body.

T hope whatever is stressing you out or weighing on you, you're able to let go for an hour or two and have some me time and get all of it out in the gym.

AA as always plugging along keep up the great work brother:)

Custom don't know if I welcomed you but welcome look forward to getting to know you in our great community we have here.

Brick the weights will always be there tomorrow. And if I'm not a ball of stress by the end if the day I'll definitely throw an extra plate on there for you;)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Phoe did just that. Had a decent little chest shoulder session.
just some muscle stimulation. may go back for another body part this afternoon/evening. I'm 52 > I don't have time for waiting for a the "right" time to have a life of my own. tunnel vision for the gym. I'm gonna do some me time for a while. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to se you guys around. Anyone heard from IB? Miss seeing him here.

Looong day at chemo today. Got there at 8:00 AM, finished up a little after 5:00 PM. Tired but feel pretty good. They used 2 big bags of IV saline fluids on me while the poison went in. I'll be up half of the night peeing. Planning on training tomorrow. I feel I'm falling further behind in the gym. Sick, I know. lol Oncologist to me today I have come thru chemo "beautifully". Words an ol gym rat likes to hear. Next week is my last one!

One day at a time brothers and don't miss a second of it!

custom

Apr 8, 2014
Legs and Tris today. My workout was so intense that half way through it I went in the bathroom and puked! No kidding

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Ib is fine haven't heard from him today though. Probably some hump day cougar got ahold of him

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Kick that bitch to curb once and for all Brick!

Chest, Shoulders and Tris

Nautilus Flat Chest Press (20-25RP) 2 RP sets, 12+6+3, second RP set has two drops after it

DB Hex Press (15-20RP) 3 RP sets, 10+5+2, second was at the same weight, third was lighter

Waist height to chest cable x-over, 1 atomic drop set, 1 widowmaker

Smith B/N Press (15-20RP) 2 RP sets, 10+5+2, second was an atomic drop set

Smith Upright Rows (15-20RP) 2 RP sets, 11+5+3, second was at the same weight

Side Lateral widowmaker, did Wm then droped the weight by half and hit max reps

Dead Skulls (20-25RP) 3 RP sets, 14+6+3, second was at the same weight, third was lighter

Overhead Triceps Extension, 1 atomic drop set, 1 widowmaker

Definitely ha a wicked pump going on after this one...nothing get my tis pumped like dead skulls

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, you are getting me the mood to ramp it up! Thanks for that!

I hit guns today. It was pretty good in the end. Just being in the gym and pushing some weight helps me all the way around. Gonna try for shoulders and traps this weekend.

You brothers have a good one!!!

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Hit back today. Feeling a bit better. Got it in but it won't win any awards. Start my last cycle of chemo tomorrow. I'm ready to be done with it. Two weeks more.

You guys hit it hard.

2 more weeks brother almost done with that shit thats fucking awsome!!!!