©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well I finally got a decent workout in and my chest is feeling pretty sore today. I know I can't do anything at this point but just hope everything goes in my favor.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Awesome guys.. im thinking a sunday restart at the gym . Finally some sleep and if congestion is down after washing germy bed clothes and self ill be happy.. Brick you always seem to amaze me in strength and when I feel whoa is me I step back and say what would Brick do and say no pussy here..get my ass going. :) Great weekend guys.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Just checking in, and thread's amazing as I expected! :D
Off today, hitting some chest and tris tomorrow and some calves.
Was talking to big t. about hitting a bodypart twice a week and we agreed that sometimes, you really need that to start adding some size and density to the muscle. So, been doing just that (schedule willing) and I'm enjoying it. Two different workouts for quads/hams, back/bis/delts and chest/tris and it's paying off nicely. Weight/strength are up, fat loss is great (zero cardio - yep!), and couldn't be happier.
Hit it hard guys - for brick, for yourselves. Don't waste today, it's only here once.
Grim

Tone

Mar 30, 2014
Today's workout is for pecs, tris and delts with some legs. Squats, flat bench press, db fly, dips, arnold press, standing calf raises and to finish it off drop sets of wide grip bench press. No options for any machines where I am (offshore on a barge), but we make do just as well!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning. Well my last w/o was monday leg day. As some of you know i have a lot of upper body injuries from a m/c accident. Anyway had a nice squat day, Nothing heavy . slowly worked up to low 400's for some 3-5
reps then back down to my 5x10s down sets. Being really careful and just easing up about 20lbs per workout. When I squat it is very difficult to let go of te bar after I rack it. My left arm goes dead from some prior nerve damage.
Well by monday nite i could hardly move my arm . Fucked my whole week.
Shit happen so i'll be back on monday. Trying to be patient and injury free.
At my age not a muscle strength problem it's all structual.
Happy birthday today to a best friend.. 49 with a bullet...
catch up with you guys soon. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Tone - glad you dropped in! Training Monday?
T- you nailed it. Joint issue control is my biggest training issue as I have aged. But hey! We are still pushing the iron! What's that saying one more time? Getting older ain't for pussies? lol
Atom - you are there brother! Dang!

I did hit some shoulders and traps today. Slept well last night and that makes all the difference. Had a good session too. May try guns tomorrow to try and catch up!

Enjoy the weekend brothers!

Tone

Mar 30, 2014
thebrick - glad to be here. I enjoy writing my training down, even though I know no one here, I feel more accountable for how my workout goes when sharing.

Later today, Sunday, is back, glutes, bis, traps and hams. Starting with 3 sets of pull ups (different grip each time and first will be wide grip with pause at the top), then deadlift (working up to 3 rep max), t-bar rows (using rope to lift BB with), 2 sets of chins then some light SLDL.

This is one of my favorite days, love deadlifts.

Since I'm new I'll post my stats often.
25 years old with 1.5 years training
5'9"
180lbs @ 12%BF
max bench 225x3 (done yesterday)
squat 275
deadlift 345

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Tone, good deal. Keep us posted on the training, that's why we're here. To support each other, have some fun and shoot the sh*t with brothers that walk the walk :headbang:

You got my vote when you say you love deads. Me too. Always did… right out of the gate and all these years later, I'm STILL doing them. I think they are one of the best for overall power AND mass/ thickness. You have many years to grow ahead of you.

Welcome bro!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Thanks Brick . AA freakin wheelsomatic!!! Cool ...
Hoping our beloved IB on upswing.. Phoe hows the new gig? Not sure if you started yet. Grim repper has been scarce as of late . Hope all is well.
Monday is gonna be fun day legs. big change up in my routine coming this week.
Everyone have great day..........................................T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Welcome to the thread tone! This thread is much more than training for us... It's our little way if sharing our lives and keeping a positive community of support when needed and to share in our accomplishments...

Have fun brother

Edit: thanks guys... Just trying to improve every day

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well watched the ufc fight last night had a few beers and ate 20 wings(I don't drink much anymore and a good buzz going). Today slept in til 11 or so which was really needed and nice. Got up and went and hut shoulders and traps. Hell spent like 2 ½ hours at the gym. Hope everyone's having a good day know more about my job tomorrow been not trying to let it bother me.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sounds just fine to me Phoe. Sometimes you just gotta cut loose and and have a little fun. I'm pulling for you up here in Bricktown. Keep positive!

I have not trained since Saturday. Now, I have a nice full-blown cold, so I may stay home and nurse this thing today. Wife had it last week so I guess its not unexpected. Not feeling 100% at all. Spent a big part of Sunday laying on the sofa. I did get the grass cut so it wasn't a total wash-out.

You guys do an extra rep for me today.

Tone

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks AtomAnt, and those are some badass quads.

Sucks about the cold brick, more importantly 2 missed days!

Last workout went well, did my chins on rope which was awesome.

Today it'll be front squats, OH press (going to try lighter weight over more reps and sets like 20x5sets after warmup), lateral and forward db raises for delts.

Excited! I know the change will bring the good soreness!

Tone

Mar 30, 2014
Thanks AtomAnt, and those are some badass quads.

Sucks about the cold brick, more importantly 2 missed days!

Last workout went well, did my chins on rope which was awesome.

Today it'll be front squats, OH press (going to try lighter weight over more reps and sets like 20x5sets after warmup), lateral and forward db raises for delts.

Excited! I know the change will bring the good soreness!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Leaving for legs in a minute. Brick get better . Phoe dont fret. all will be well.
AA well shit you are on it! IB get well very soon. you are really missed here my friend. Tone welcome ! this is a favorite part of my daily routine. these
guys have got me through many tough times. real and true blue guys right here.
Glad to see you here . Hey food for thought Tone. When you front squat tonight take a sec and think about my buds recent 800lb raw front squat. That one eevn boggles my old ass seen it all mind . 800lb front squat shhhheeeeeit!./
Have great morning!Hopefuuly i'm puking in about 90 minutes. lol , T.