©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The Push for size with JP

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm doing the PUSH at full strength again tonight. My shoulders are killing me from the PT sessions but life goes on right.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
With your pt
Did they tell you to be carefull?
They used to tell me they tore my muscle apart so don't work that muscle for 2 or 3 days or I can injure my self

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Yes they did tell me to take it easy. TONIGHT I fucking killed it guys. Crazy strong and I felt like starting over when we finished. It has to be the high dose primo kicking in. I never felt like that before. I bettered every lift by pounds. No 2.5 either. Unbelievable pump as well. So much so I was having a hard time bending my arm because my tri was pulling it back straight. Now I start to feed it. "The real work"...…..…….off to the kitcken

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Yes they did tell me to take it easy. TONIGHT I fucking killed it guys. Crazy strong and I felt like starting over when we finished. It has to be the high dose primo kicking in. I never felt like that before. I bettered every lift by pounds. No 2.5 either. Unbelievable pump as well. So much so I was having a hard time bending my arm because my tri was pulling it back straight. Now I start to feed it. "The real work"...…..…….off to the kitcken

Don't tear anything CG!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Crazy knee pain doing LEGS tonight. Should I be doing HGH? With pain like this it makes me question WTF I'm doing guys. It just makes day to day life miserable. I can hardly get into my Jeep or go up and down steps. Not good :(

Last edited:

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Crazy knee pain doing LEGS tonight. Should I be doing HGH? With pain like this it makes me question WTF I'm doing guys. It just makes day to day life miserable. I can hardly get into my Jeep or good up and down steps. Not good :(

The reality is, we're not in our 20's or 30's anymore. JP isn't where you are in life. Talk to him and see what he says about an adjustment. Sore muscles are one thing but sore joints are another. One clears up in a few days and the other keeps you from training.

You've mentioned it's similar to DC style. There's a reason Dante recommends that people over 39 don't do traditional DC training. He recommends a modified version with less weights and more reps.

Last edited:

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
BIO, 100% correct. I was expecting a higher rep version of the DC training when I looked into how he trains clients. Today is my check in and I'll ask.

Dens228

Nov 6, 2012
I've been back to doing DC for quite awhile now. The first adjustment I made was making sure the first part of the RP was 12+, but now I'm leaning towards the 15+ range. Mainly for my joints.......I'm a couple months away from 55 so not NEARLY as old as your old ass CC. ;)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
The plan for LEGS is to move rep ranges from 8 to 10 to 15 to 20. An exaggerated warm up will take place for legs as well. The warm up will be a stepping up slowly that will lead to full blown pumps. This will be done on the leg extension machine. This will in turn pre-exhaust me going into sled and squat work. Full knee wraps for each and all sets including warm ups.

Tonight is the PULL#2. This was by far the roughest of all of them.

One more thing, I gave back 3.5lbs doing this deload. That was a total fucking bummer...……...

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I hit PULL tonight like I had a super charger powering me. My partner couldn't believe it. He worked hard also. But he always lays down the mark for me to beat. T-Bar rows were killers. Then the one arm rowing was fucked up it hurt so good:) We were so fucked up leaving the gym we were just laughing at what just took place. God, I wish it was always like this. I'm growing guys...… Time to start the eating until I go to sleep program.

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
I hit PULL tonight like I had a super charger powering me. My partner couldn't believe it. He worked hard also. But he always lays down the mark for me to beat. T-Bar rows were killers. Then the one arm rowing was fucked up it hurt so good:) We were so fucked up leaving the gym we were just laughing at what just took place. God, I wish it was always like this. I'm growing guys...… Time to start the eating until I go to sleep program.
I'm finally hitting the point where I'm going to have to add in cardio for this prep. Pretty surprising I haven't needed it yet but, I'm about to be in the 2x day, low carb, awful sleep stage.... Can't wait

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I got up this morning and found I have gained back all the weight I had lost from the deloading. That was a welcome surprise.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Jordon also has me raising my omega's to 2000mgs a day and curcumin to 800mgs twice a day for my knees.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
THE CURCUMIN IS UNBELIEVABLE! Two hours after taking the first 800mgs I feel ZERO knee pain. If this continues to work like this it's X-MASS come early guys. This will be my ticket to go to the next level. I never had "wheels". This time will be different. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys.

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
No disrespect CG, but growing wheels at your age is going to be quite a challenge. I can say this because I am eight years older than you, so I know of what I speak. I was grinding out 50 reps with 500 lbs on the leg press at age 60, and my knees hurt 24/7. I now go light weight and do 100 rep sets with no pain in the knees. I am really looking forward to your results with JP. Respect!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Sure thing Juggy!

T-bar rows
cable single arm rows, double arm rows
Cable pull downs, single arm and double
cable rope(straight arm) pull downs in the front of the body
chest supported rows to the mid body
weighted chin ups into body weight chins into machine spotted chins

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
No disrespect CG, but growing wheels at your age is going to be quite a challenge. I can say this because I am eight years older than you, so I know of what I speak. I was grinding out 50 reps with 500 lbs on the leg press at age 60, and my knees hurt 24/7. I now go light weight and do 100 rep sets with no pain in the knees. I am really looking forward to your results with JP. Respect!

Ya know what? This is tuff enough without being reminded how fucking old I am and how hard what I'm doing is. I have read countless times "you cant build muscle over X_____ age." Please tell me again...…. How should the LOG read? I wish I had bigger wheels but because it fucking hurts just to walk on them and I'm old as fuck, lets just forget about bigger wheels and talk about the Eagles? BEASTZ6, all I can do is develop a plan and fucking try. Dude, I'm killing this diet and training on a level few will EVER visit. That's all I can do. I had a current panel pulled and my PSA and every thing else was GTG. I'm not crazy. All I can do is try. Tonight is the first time I'm doing the new LEG program. I'll keep you all posted. :)

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
The pain in my knee was so bad tonight I had to just fucking leave the gym 3/4 of the way into it. GREAT!