©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
thanks guys!
Hit back today and felt good. I tried something new on my rack deads today. High reps... as in 20. Damn I was huffing and puffing. I may be on to something!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Hitting some chest and biceps today Gironda style.
Gonna do some hammer strength benching, 8x8 neck press, some drag curls and preacher curls for sure.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Brick & Tri. Damn Tri I have not done body drags in about 10 yrs.
I'm not fond of smiths for many movements but body drags on a smith can be pretty good . Brick let us know how those high reps on the heavy back move worked. That got some o2 through those lungs i'll bet.
Cool glad you guys are feeling good. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo, today my spinal erectors are toast!

I hit shoulders and traps and it was all good. Even with a shoulder that grinds lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Figured those reps would put the hurt on those muscles.
I had to fly out of here quik this am so I was not able to throw my daily post in so I will now.Thanks T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Chest shoulder tris.

Pretty decent session with my right hand broke. Still waiting on a
ulnar gutter splint to be made monday. Shoulder is coming along very well. Brick is your shoulder improving - same - or worse?
Thanks, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Take care of that hand Turbo. How long are you going to be in that splint?

Shoulder is on "good" behavior right. Not like a 20 year old, but feeling better than it was. Go figure, but I'll definitely take what I can get on that.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My legs are toasted! After my widowmaker I did 3/4 rep rest-pause drop sets on the hack machine. Each rest-pause mini set has two phases one with you feet close together and once you hit failure, go feet high and wide with toes pointed out and do 1/2 reps till failure. I did 3 sets like that at each drop.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Take care of that hand Turbo. How long are you going to be in that splint?

Shoulder is on "good" behavior right. Not like a 20 year old, but feeling better than it was. Go figure, but I'll definitely take what I can get on that.

Not sure . Maybe 4-6. Kinda of sucks because I wanted to hold off on strapping for back work till I had to(grip) as it is an easy way to prevent getting injured getting greedy when resuming training.
Shhheit that was one long ass run on. Glad shoulder is feeling smoother for you. Back in the morning(sat) Probably my favorite
muscle group to train. AA better get that food and rest . Make it count... T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That was a pretty good back w/o . Was short on time so kept a nice fast pace.
I'm really feeling better every w/o. Hope everyone had a really good day. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Turbo, did I miss something? What's going on with your shoulder?

Today was chest, shoulders and tris. High rep RP sets for chest and shoulders (20-30RP) with each main exercise followed by a widowmaker. I did dead skulls for tri and after my regular RP set, did a set till failure with just the negative and then dropped the weight down and did a static hold.

My legs are sore as hell from yesterday....

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Turbo, did I miss something? What's going on with your shoulder?

Today was chest, shoulders and tris. High rep RP sets for chest and shoulders (20-30RP) with each main exercise followed by a widowmaker. I did dead skulls for tri and after my regular RP set, did a set till failure with just the negative and then dropped the weight down and did a static hold.

My legs are sore as hell from yesterday....

I was referring to bricks shoulder issue. I had a major left shoulder issue some months back. Went to the ortho doc and he spent a good 30-45 seconds loosing me up for the YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SHOULDER REPLACEMENT news. Did not look over xrays etc with me just looked dead pan at me and said your wt lifting days are over.
I ended up telling afore mentioned cocksucker oh shit I'm sorry
I thought you were a doctor . You are a shoulder replacement salesman. Oh thank the lord I 420ed lightly before appointment.
I could have really fucked up and got myself in trouble.
My self rehab of shoulder is coming along really well.
My issue is a break in a metacarpal right in front of the wrist .
Getting fitted for a ulnar gutter splint monday.
So no training today . Can't have my hand all fat and swollen when getting fit for gutter splint tomorrow. Need a rest day anyway. as I have been pretty much been training almost everyday for some weeks now. Not over trained by any means .
Thanks for asking AA. Tomorrow will be chest shoulder tris after appointment so it will be in the afternoon.
Thanks, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Right on Turbo. No matter what a doctor says, its OUR body and OUR decision.

Had a kick-ass leg workout today. Nice and intense. I was into it.

Hey brick I just thought of some funny shit. Only works cuz of our age. Remember the the big now movement stuff
in the early to mid seventies? Now had a book out Called our bodies ourselves and one of the slogans were our bodies our decision.
Buddy I was a long hair hippy kid about 13-14. My lesbian aunt dressed me in white and drug me to a huge (250000) rally in
grant park.Was feeling I might not get out of that one alive. Man those were some fired up angry butch women!
Anyway it's funny how certain phrases rattles the marbles and brings memories out. I'm rewarding myself
by frying wheels after my morning appointments monday. Have a good one, T..

Last edited by a moderator:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Thats very cool. Chest, shoulder, tri tomorrow. Soon going back to my old gym.
Really looking forward to it. Have nice relaxing sunday night and great start to your week tomorrow. Thanks, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Ha! That's a good story Turbo. I'm getting a funny visual of that too.

Chest went pretty well today in spite of my old shoulder issue.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Glad training was good for you today.. Myself ...well.. I absolutely womped on baack! especially with the gimp ass right hand i'm sporting..
Had to stay light on bent bb rows as anything over 275 or so hurt like a mfer and was difficult to hold on with right hand even strapped.
Have you run any TB500 yet ?. Locally some guys with joint issues are giving really good postive f/back. I'm hoping you can smooth that thing up.
Holler tomorrow. Maybe a cardio day trying to give that bone a chance to set.
T

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
I was referring to bricks shoulder issue. I had a major left shoulder issue some months back. Went to the ortho doc and he spent a good 30-45 seconds loosing me up for the YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SHOULDER REPLACEMENT news. Did not look over xrays etc with me just looked dead pan at me and said your wt lifting days are over.
I ended up telling afore mentioned cocksucker oh shit I'm sorry
I thought you were a doctor . You are a shoulder replacement salesman. Oh thank the lord I 420ed lightly before appointment.
I could have really fucked up and got myself in trouble.
My self rehab of shoulder is coming along really well.
My issue is a break in a metacarpal right in front of the wrist .
Getting fitted for a ulnar gutter splint monday.
So no training today . Can't have my hand all fat and swollen when getting fit for gutter splint tomorrow. Need a rest day anyway. as I have been pretty much been training almost everyday for some weeks now. Not over trained by any means .
Thanks for asking AA. Tomorrow will be chest shoulder tris after appointment so it will be in the afternoon.
Thanks, T

I know how you feel I fractured my ulna about 2 weeks ago piece of the bone detached ortho said can't fix with surgery cause piece of bone is to small to put a screw in, so I just been working around it hitting legs hard and finding exercises I can do that don't envolve pressing and he told me no tricep work for at least 6 weeks. I was able to do back and bi's yesterday with now problem. I'm in contest prep so just going to grind it out till it heals and hope my right arm does not atrophy to much

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I destroyed my legs tonight. I finished my BB squat WM and yakked in the trash can. After laying comatose on the ground for five minutes or so I got my ass up to stretch and proceeded to spew my insides everywhere.

My glutes feel like they were hit with a baseball bat already and my quads are trembling with every step.

Who wants to train legs with me next time?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
No gym today---well maybe i'll sneak out for some cardio but probably not.
Legs tomorrow am. will be switching gyms in feb . Where i'm going they have
bull bar, hatfield or saftey squat etc. I need those as I fuck my shoulder up with
conventional squats when I start to really "dig" during a set(the best part) . Nothing beats squats for letting me know I've "done something" the following day. Tomorrow though i'll keep it simple
Hams first folowed by drop set leg exts 40 rep sets then right to r/p hacks
2-3 sets . The pre ex haust with the exts allow me to keep hack wt fairly light.
"real" leg training will commence in feb. I'm really upbeat as I have trained legs little for about two years. I almost pushed my left femur out of the hip socket
a while back with foolishly low foot placement under substantial wt going way too deep. What a dumbass! Man that took forever to heal.
The bars and equipment I mentioned will really be a big help in regaining my former self. Have a great day and own that shit! Gym is your world...
T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Back day?! Rowing variations in the PT forum a must read!!

Just awesome advice tips and insight. You can see where JM obtained that bad ass back. Brick and atom if you haven't checked it out do so ! Your gonna love it ! Your long distance training pard -T.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: