©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well I dropped my son off at Oh Scare for a flight to vegas at 630 this morning. Went right to the gym. Chest shoulders tris. Good workout though I was quite flat and low on carbs. Nice to see more guys starting to post here.
It's a fun motivational "check in " kinda of thing. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had an awesome leg workout! Heavy and intense! Start it all again tomorrow.

Game time!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Morning! Slept in first time in a while. Needed it too.
Ok leaving for a Back session . Going to try and keep it lighter , slower reps
shorten rest between sets. I have to get thsi MFING hand to heal up! it's healing but heavy back work seems to get it hurting .. Either way
I am gonna make this w/o count! T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Atom i am one of those odd balls that gets not much glute stimulation from barbell quads but really hit quads well with them . nothing like big quads and
no ass. Not a pretty picture . Not sure about training today whole house is flu 'd out . If I can get past some obligations I may go in for chest shoulder tri otherwise it will be tomorrow., T

Dude, that shit is a mess! I hope you feel better soon. I got womped a little while back and it was the pits.

For me, changing the bar position complete alters the BB squat loading pattern. Right now I am just trying to build as much mass as possible and moving as much weight as possible so I use a little lower bar placement and little wider stance. Yes, it fries my quads, but my god, it feels like I just dropped the soap in a prison when I wake up the next day.

Following up with my own training over the past two days... Hit bis, forearms and back on satuday and then went out for a massive sushi meal. I met up with some firends I haven't seen in a while later that night and they nearly shit when they saw much I've grown. Try 40 pounds since Thanksgiving fellas... and still have abs. :headbang:

Hit cardio real early on Sunday and spent the afternoon with a girl I started seeing before hosting superbowl party at my house.

Today, Legs motherf**kers!!!!! All hell is gonna break loose come 1700 hours! I'll update later when I am crippled.

BTW - this has to be one of my favorite threads on any board. I am not a fan of having my own journal but like to discuss and check in with training.

Be good brothers!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That's what I like to hear! Rock on AA. Well back was really good for having to
work around the hand issue. The device they fitted me for had the velcro closures tear off during a set. Stiil a good w/o . Hey you guys the son I took to the airport is the last one (he's 31) to go. My wife and I have the house to ourselves first time since we married in 04. Grown kids movin in and out like a revolving door. As a reward for good training going upstairs and tear that ass up and she can freely do the hollerin!. Ah shit, life's good ! Bout to turn 51
bopping that ass all I can and nobody eating the shit I NEED for what we do.
Hey where's Brick today?? T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That's what I like to hear! Rock on AA. Well back was really good for having to
work around the hand issue. The device they fitted me for had the velcro closures tear off during a set. Stiil a good w/o . Hey you guys the son I took to the airport is the last one (he's 31) to go. My wife and I have the house to ourselves first time since we married in 04. Grown kids movin in and out like a revolving door. As a reward for good training going upstairs and tear that ass up and she can freely do the hollerin!. Ah shit, life's good ! Bout to turn 51
bopping that ass all I can and nobody eating the shit I NEED for what we do.
Hey where's Brick today?? T

Dude, I never had any idea you eclipsed the half century mark! And still getting after it. Man, I hope I'll be able to train like a machine until I am well into old age. I'm sure you feel the same way, it is just part of who we are...you take that away and it is like living with half a lung.

Glad to hear that you are still able to train with the hand issues. Have you ever tried doing cable work with ankle cuffs on your wrists? It might be a decent alternative temporarily.

So I'm sitting at my desk at home and my legs are numb haha! Hit donkey calf raises in the smith, DC style then did a strip set. Fuckers burned like hell. Then went into close and low foot leg press. After warming up, hit 1 set at 770 for 12 reps, 2 sets at 860, 9 reps and 8 reps then went into my widowmaker with 650. Hit 21 reps knocked off 180lbs, did partials until failure, dropped off another 180lbs and did as many full reps as possible then finishing with partials to failure.

I torched hammies with the DC SLDL pyramid routine. 6 reps at each of the following weights: 220-240-260-280 then doing a super slow negative with 280.

Life is fucking good.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Work was nuts today but I managed to hit some chest this afternoon. I was feeling strong, but the shoulder was letting itself be heard. When I get heavy on bench I can feel it sorta grinding and losing stability so I back off. I'll make up for it tomorrow when I bury back!!

Life sounds good Turbo!
Atom, glad you like this thread. Me too!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, c'mon, you gotta drop that flat bench! After I dislocated my shoulder, I will never flat BB bench again. That shit tears up my rotator cuff and feels all wobbly.

Decline, inclines, DB presses, machines..no issues. Once I get into a flat BB bench, all that changes.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Brickster was 1 year ago this month you guys were helping me keep my chin up. Had those 4 family funerals in like 18-20 days. Number 5 was a family friend same thing though . Ah you guys were the bomb. Who says you can't make "real" friends ina virtual world?
Glad you guys training was poppin off today! Brick keep that shoulder in check
and keep seeking solutions that will jive with your life style .
With luck we have some great decades ahead... . thanks, T

Oh yeah wheels tomorrow. Ah this is going to sound morbid but I'm going to try and get legs in before you guessed it - a funeral at 1100 am.
. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Morning. Wife and mom in law went to funeral without me. I was glad for that
as I did not know this cousin(wifes side) at all.
Getting set for leg work . Gonna try and turn it up a notch. Have myself "low" (T)intentionally as I have a endo(trt) appt thursday. After thursday it's on..
Ok guys rock the gym today! K? T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good morning bros!
Yeah, flat bench is off my plate. But even declines get uncomfortable when the weight gets up there. So, I am doing a little lighter weight and more reps. Seems more joint friendly. My goal is to stay in the gym as long as I can and I am still enjoying it.

Really looking forward to back after lunch!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had an awesome back workout. Maxed out on my rack deads today. I was into it.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Shit I'm gettin a cold but I'll be dam to miss leg day.. Little Clen to open up. Sip a razor 8 and had a decent workout for this old man deep squats . Hack Mach , dumbbell deads, and some great ext and of course the hammys blew up and I feel better than when I went.. Hope tomorrows ok..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Shit I'm gettin a cold but I'll be dam to miss leg day.. Little Clen to open up. Sip a razor 8 and had a decent workout for this old man deep squats . Hack Mach , dumbbell deads, and some great ext and of course the hammys blew up and I feel better than when I went.. Hope tomorrows ok..

Hey Iron, get plenty of good rest tonight and lots of fluids. Kick it early. Its that time of year.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
No gym tomorrow . Tax appt and other crap I need to tend too.
Legs w/o was pretty damn good. Bout time to get a training partner soon.
Chest shoulder tri thurs.T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I am tied to this job of mine today but planning shoulders and traps tomorrow!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Be chest shoulder tri tomorrow for me . Got a uro apt in the afternoon.
Glad when that's over . That will mark the end the of warm up for the real w/os
That lasted 5=6 weeks . Have to remember to not get greedy. For me greed injures. I'm getting kind of excited . Ready to start ramping up and getting a gym switch soon.. Man it's warm here today Brick..
40's I think.. Have a great w/o if i don't seeya fore then.

This one's for you brother . Summer is coming..
T
Rammstein - Mein Land - YouTube

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo! man, I love that video you posted. Made my afternoon! I may try to find that one on iTunes later for my Rammstein iPod folder. It was all quiet and I was working and this was what I needed.

Good luck on that uro appt. Not my favorite place to be either,