©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I saw that Turbo. VERY good thread!! I am going to check that again for some tips in my back training. Back is my favorite workout, hands down.

Looking forward to shoulders and traps today. I slept good last night. No tornado sirens keeping me awake all night like the night before.

Just awesome advice tips and insight. You can see where JM obtained that bad ass back. Brick and atom if you haven't checked it out do so ! Your gonna love it ! Your long distance training pard -T.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Early am chest shoulders tris tomorrow. Snowing like a bitch here right now.
I'm really looking forward to the gym switch they have everything on jm's vid and really have just about any specialty bar or equipment .
Have a good one.. T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Shoulders and traps went great today. Its amazing what a good night's sleep can do. Arms and abs tomorrow.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well of course it does wonders! Young lad on the grow like you needs his zzzzzzzzzzz. I just woke up after a two hour "nap" myself. gotta bounce out of bed early for a w/o.. Have to start working in neglected /overlooked body parts on a consistant basis. Back in "the day" I would train calves forearms and abs as warm ups on on some days with specialized days also. Made a
vast difference . It's a matter of getting it done before having obligations tye me up. . T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I know how you feel I fractured my ulna about 2 weeks ago piece of the bone detached ortho said can't fix with surgery cause piece of bone is to small to put a screw in, so I just been working around it hitting legs hard and finding exercises I can do that don't envolve pressing and he told me no tricep work for at least 6 weeks. I was able to do back and bi's yesterday with now problem. I'm in contest prep so just going to grind it out till it heals and hope my right arm does not atrophy to much

Man sorry you have to contend with that. Do you have any type of bracing or wrap to stabilize the area for training and healing purposes?
The surgeon that looked at my injury showed me some pretty good wrapping techniques. I did get the custom splint and it works really well . I have my nose picking and flipping people off fingers free as well as my thumb. With straps and such it allows me to train well.
Only thing that is limited some what is back work . That is a super strong muscle group for me so grip is somewhat an issue but nothing I can't work around. Hope that thing gets better and isnt a hindrance for long.
Thanks, T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well off to the gym in about 5 mins. Legs . Man it's cold out . Thank the good lord for remote starter. Hopefully I'll be having a mfer of a time getting up and down stairs in about 90 mins. Holler later.. T

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Man sorry you have to contend with that. Do you have any type of bracing or wrap to stabilize the area for training and healing purposes?
The surgeon that looked at my injury showed me some pretty good wrapping techniques. I did get the custom splint and it works really well . I have my nose picking and flipping people off fingers free as well as my thumb. With straps and such it allows me to train well.
Only thing that is limited some what is back work . That is a super strong muscle group for me so grip is somewhat an issue but nothing I can't work around. Hope that thing gets better and isnt a hindrance for long.
Thanks, T

Yeah I went and got a good elbow rap sleeve from academy sports thats working pretty good but still Ii can't do any pressing movements or tricep

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Cold down here too Turbo! Not too crazy about that.
Guns went great. blasted through it so I could get back to work. It was time I needed to burn off some job stress

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Well my legs are still sore today. Mainly in my glutes and hammies. Whenever I do heavy squats that seems to be the case.

Tonight was chest, shoulders and tris. I've been crushing my chest and tris over the past few weeks and my weights just keep getting higher and higher, but my shoulders are getting stagnant. I mean I really REALLY struggling to beat my logbook. I'm going to get in touch with Doc Stevenson and see what we can do to bring these little guys around.

@brick - nothing like a swole session for ye olde pythons to blow off some steam! I'd love to be able to work half my day, train, then come back and work late.

@turbo - how are those legs feeling? Do you train volume or HIT?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thunder... what's going on with the elbow? Tendentious?

Magnus82.... -15º. Holy crap! I think 15º is cold

I've hit it hard all week. I may take a day off. I'll see how my batteries are tomorrow.

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Thunder... what's going on with the elbow? Tendentious?

Magnus82.... -15º. Holy crap! I think 15º is cold

I've hit it hard all week. I may take a day off. I'll see how my batteries are tomorrow.

No a couple of weeks ago I was workingout at home bench pressing I went to rack it and missed the hook and lost control of it and it took my arm backwards and piece of bone off my ulna detached, the ortho said the bone piece is to small to put a screw in that would hold so he said it will heal and scar tissue will cover bone in 6-8 weeks but he also thought I might have a tare in my tricep, I just had a MRI today so I will know more next week

sazo75

Jan 1, 2013
Just got back from hitting Back/Bi's holy shit am I gonna sleep good tonight ! Just hit a few pr's as well as switching up rep ranges on some accessory movements and the pump obtainable on hammer curls is amazing

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Dang, I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope that tri is just fine. Keep us posted.

No a couple of weeks ago I was workingout at home bench pressing I went to rack it and missed the hook and lost control of it and it took my arm backwards and piece of bone off my ulna detached, the ortho said the bone piece is to small to put a screw in that would hold so he said it will heal and scar tissue will cover bone in 6-8 weeks but he also thought I might have a tare in my tricep, I just had a MRI today so I will know more next week

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
@brick - nothing like a swole session for ye olde pythons to blow off some steam! I'd love to be able to work half my day, train, then come back and work late.

Just got back from hitting Back/Bi's holy shit am I gonna sleep good tonight ! Just hit a few pr's as well as switching up rep ranges on some accessory movements and the pump obtainable on hammer curls is amazing

Atom, yeah being self employed lets me do that. I love going in the afternoons and missing the late afternoon mob. I feel I am at my peak strenghth-wise too. But, sometimes, the job owns me and I have to skip training that day

Sazo, nothing like a hard training session for some good sleep. I love that.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Right now i'm doing my own hybrid mix for training while injuries heal.
Legs was 6 sets lying leg curl followed by 2 drp sets on leg ext for pre exhaust.
3- drops each set. quickly over to preloaded hack for 3 drops with R/P
last two drops second set is slo mos. Back to lying leg curl preex right to
stiff legs to just below the knee two sets.This is working til I can put wt on my back again for squats. little sore this morning. Normally I prefer heavy volume for legs . About 20 sets for quads. For now this is ok. .
Atom i am one of those odd balls that gets not much glute stimulation from barbell quads but really hit quads well with them . nothing like big quads and
no ass. Not a pretty picture . Not sure about training today whole house is flu 'd out . If I can get past some obligations I may go in for chest shoulder tri otherwise it will be tomorrow., T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo... hope that flu thing stays mild and easy. Take care of yourself and family.

Going to try to hit some legs today before the game.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Aww F--- the flu hit me hard 3 weeks of hell still managed to train albeit light still got it in. Finally feelin good gonna shred my legs today.