©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That is so fucking funny ! Well i'm bout to hit the road to go trash wheels .
Holler back later .. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Sounds like a nice sunday.. Got back from legs about 930. Ate , praised my pits for "watching the house" and now screwing around on puter. Rare lazy day here for me. Pretty good leg session. . T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Last minute change of plans for me... I decided I needed a rest day. I've been hitting it hard for weeks so I think I can use this downtime today... + this happens when you get older lol

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Sounds like a nice sunday.. Got back from legs about 930. Ate , praised my pits for "watching the house" and now screwing around on puter. Rare lazy day here for me. Pretty good leg session. . T

When you are able to just chill after a leg session, life is good.

Last minute change of plans for me... I decided I needed a rest day. I've been hitting it hard for weeks so I think I can use this downtime today... + this happens when you get older lol

I hope you didn't break a hip getting out of your crafmatic adjustable bed lol :sFun_tease2:

Just some cardio for me today.

I learned a valuable lesson as well, E-C-Y and DayQuil DO NOT mix...especially before cardio haha. My heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest during my intervals.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That sounds like a plan . I know when I need one .
Been cooking good steaks today on the grill.
Some just relaxing time is good . Not decided if chest shoulder tri tomorrow or tues. See how i feel when I get up. Gotta say I strung together the most consecutive really good works than I have in a long time .
Feel really good. Have a good one tonight and morrow T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
When you are able to just chill after a leg session, life is good.

I hope you didn't break a hip getting out of your crafmatic adjustable bed lol :sFun_tease2:

Just some cardio for me today.

I learned a valuable lesson as well, E-C-Y and DayQuil DO NOT mix...especially before cardio haha. My heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest during my intervals.

I bet your heart was pounding!

I did manage a good 30 minute walk outside in the fresh air, just so I wouldn't feel too guilty

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I know I said be back tomorrow but I'm killing time waiting for the grill to glow.
Yep another steak.. and rice.. T sometimes those that are always in a sprint
all week needs a day to do as one pleases. Thats my day today...T
Thunder46 take a day? T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well got a good nights sleep. Gonna be chest shoulders tri's with a later cardio
session if there is gas in the tank still. Brick I don't know whats going on but
I am enjoying training again the most since my near fatal 04 MC accident.
Loving it . Check back with you guys a bit later. Hit it hard Guys.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Turbo, what kind of steaks do you get? Grass fed? Do you go right to the butcher or farm?

I've been sad the past couple of weeks as the farm that I go to for grass fed beef hasn't been processing any beef, just pork and lamb. WAHHHHHHH!

Has the feeling of loving training again been something new? What do you think brought that love back? Having that feeling is incredible. It seems to help bring everything else in line as well, at least that's how I feel. When I am training good and loving it, I see a carryover effect in other areas of my life.

I can't wait to bust out of work and get to chest, shoulders and tris! My goal by the end of this week is to hit a bodyweight of 160. Yeah, I'm a fuckin' meatball...

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Turbo, that is great to hear! Just enjoy!

Atom, sounds like you are enjoying it too. That's a great spot to be in.

Had a very good chest workout today. Man, my training partner is BUILT for bench press (declines). I can't push the same weight he does. It seems his bar is moving about half what mine does. Keeps me motivated though! I'll bury him tomorrow on deadlifts.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Turbo, what kind of steaks do you get? Grass fed? Do you go right to the butcher or farm?

I've been sad the past couple of weeks as the farm that I go to for grass fed beef hasn't been processing any beef, just pork and lamb. WAHHHHHHH!

Has the feeling of loving training again been something new? What do you think brought that love back? Having that feeling is incredible. It seems to help bring everything else in line as well, at least that's how I feel. When I am training good and loving it, I see a carryover effect in other areas of my life.

I can't wait to bust out of work and get to chest, shoulders and tris! My goal by the end of this week is to hit a bodyweight of 160. Yeah, I'm a fuckin' meatball...

Not nowadays. I remarried and got a bunch of kids and grandkids
That I like to do for. So it's the ceapest lean beef thats edible.
Lately sirloin with fat trimed . May pick up some free range
beef from my buddy. He breeds highland cattle..
Jamin chest and shoulers.,tris. steady ramp up while still rehabbing that left shoulder. Need to switch gyms soon. I need a good training partner soon as well Great training partners are very few and far between. Tomorrow back , bi's . I'll be back in a few hours. Have my 1 year old granddaughter here. My wifes day off.. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012

Jamin chest and shoulers.,tris. steady ramp up while still rehabbing that left shoulder. Need to switch gyms soon. I need a good training partner soon as well Great training partners are very few and far between. Tomorrow back , bi's . I'll be back in a few hours. Have my 1 year old granddaughter here. My wifes day off..
No I did not know whata deep mental/physical depression I was in til I got out. Phew! That was a long 8.5 yrs.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Jamin chest and shoulers.,tris. steady ramp up while still rehabbing that left shoulder. Need to switch gyms soon. I need a good training partner soon as well Great training partners are very few and far between. Tomorrow back , bi's . I'll be back in a few hours. Have my 1 year old granddaughter here. My wifes day off..
No I did not know whata deep mental/physical depression I was in til I got out. Phew! That was a long 8.5 yrs.. T

Nice.

I know what you are talking about with depression. There were various reasons that brought it on, but I dealt with it through most of my teens and into my 20s. I was hopped up on meds until this past year when I got so fed up with the side effects. Since I stopped the meds my life has turned around. I am loving life, enjoying training and back dating again (yeah, the sexual side effects of the meds killed my relationships).

Anyway, back on top of my logbook today. I normally don't wear cut-off shirts when training, but I was sweating my ass off and took off my top layer. I got some interesting looks... definitely not looking like a bantamweight anymore :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Morning iron heads! Thanks AA . You the Brickster and others here are
part of my routine every day. I'm thankful for this thread and this place.
limits my inner city "hood" induced isolation.That being said i'm leaving for back in a sec. Gonna be pressed for time so i'm gonna lighten it up a bit very short rest periods , higher reps etc. Also gives my broken right hand a break . Need this thing to heal up. Check in with you guys later. AA you detroit area?
Thanks, T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Morning iron heads! Thanks AA . You the Brickster and others here are
part of my routine every day. I'm thankful for this thread and this place.
limits my inner city "hood" induced isolation.That being said i'm leaving for back in a sec. Gonna be pressed for time so i'm gonna lighten it up a bit very short rest periods , higher reps etc. Also gives my broken right hand a break . Need this thing to heal up. Check in with you guys later. AA you detroit area?
Thanks, T

The forums kind of give me a break from the daily grind and chance to connect with people that share the same lifestyle. It is strange because it is so anonymous, yet so personal.

Turbo, I'm in Baltimore, but just put in for a tour at Ft. Gordon, GA. If I get selected, I'll be heading south..if not, I stay in MD at my current job. Although I want the experience in GA, I do enjoy living in MD and wouldn't mind staying here.

Today is my off-day for the week. I'm almost done with my MBA and have been taking classes at night and on Tuesdays my schedule is packed... uhhhggggg

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good morning ya bunch of gym rats! Great stories. Life ain't easy, and if you guys are like me, the weights are like my "release" from all the stuff and stress that comes our way.

Looking forward to some back after lunch. I'm starting to get fired up.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
The forums kind of give me a break from the daily grind and chance to connect with people that share the same lifestyle. It is strange because it is so anonymous, yet so personal

I don't have any close friends that do what we do. They don't even understand it.

I agree with you Atom, sometimes I feel as if you all (guys on these forums) are closer friends than my "real" friends! You understand why I need to lift heavy, eat big and make progressions.