©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Afternoon back workout was a home run baby!

Yeah Buddy!

ggg.png

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
X - Do you use any kind of pre-workout or anything to amp you up?

I like Buzzsaw from TN. I have a pretty high tolerance so I use 2 servings. I also like to eat a low fat pop tart for carbs. I recently fell in love with the Cookie Dough flavor.

What kind of training are you currently following?

Kind of a 3-way DC split as far as rotation goes. I hate to say that because it is not DC, and I know how the DC disciples crucify people when it is not followed to a T.
I don't use rest pause sets, but I do throw in a widow maker for my quads exercises.

Split is M,W,F,S
Chest, shoulders, tris.
Back width, Thickness, Bi's
Quads, calves, hams.

**THIS IS NOT DC TRAINING**

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I like Buzzsaw from TN. I have a pretty high tolerance so I use 2 servings. I also like to eat a low fat pop tart for carbs. I recently fell in love with the Cookie Dough flavor.

Nice! I still have yet to try buzzsaw. I use ndure and a host of TN raw ingredients (EAAs, BCAAs, glutamine, Citruline malate, taurine, creatine, beta alanine, glycerol and some arginine)

Kind of a 3-way DC split as far as rotation goes. I hate to say that because it is not DC, and I know how the DC disciples crucify people when it is not followed to a T.
I don't use rest pause sets, but I do throw in a widow maker for my quads exercises.

Split is M,W,F,S
Chest, shoulders, tris.
Back width, Thickness, Bi's
Quads, calves, hams.

**THIS IS NOT DC TRAINING**

I like how you clearly stated that it is not DC, but follows the 3-way template. I am one of those DC Dciples haha

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Good morning ya bunch of gym rats! Great stories. Life ain't easy, and if you guys are like me, the weights are like my "release" from all the stuff and stress that comes our way.

Looking forward to some back after lunch. I'm starting to get fired up.
Montrose Make it Last - YouTube
This is for my buddy brick .what you said above made this song come to mind. Thanks man! Off the gym today the 6-7 weeks traing w/o breaks with the exception of 3-4 total finally caught up (in a good way) and I can now settle into "real" training with necessary
rest days or cardio only rest days. Feeling great..
Rockit whoevers training to day.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
This is for my buddy brick .what you said above made this song come to mind. Thanks man! Off the gym today the 6-7 weeks traing w/o breaks with the exception of 3-4 total finally caught up (in a good way) and I can now settle into "real" training with necessary
rest days or cardio only rest days. Feeling great..
Rockit whoevers training to day.. T

Uhhh Ohhhh.... Turbo's in the GROOVE! Rock that shit into high gear my man! :headbang:

I have Bis, forearms and back. I've been blasting (not an AAS blast mind you, just with training) for 12 weeks now and still fee great. I noticed a little tightness in my hip flexors last leg day and my lower back is getting worn down a little faster, but this has been the best blast of my life. I have made better gains during this period than when I had those first beginner gains. The goal is to string this blast out another two more weeks and take a cruise. I might post up some pics if I don't look too fat lol

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Are you currently training DC? 2 way or 3 way?

I used the 2 way for about 18 months straight, all through my prep as well. I started the 3 way this past November and have fallen in love with the incorporation of WMs for my lagging bodyparts. Dc in general just matches my training proclivity perfectly.

Scott Stevenson, Dante's official DC trainer, is my coach for both training and nutrition. I've been with him for about two years now and it was the best decision for my overall health and fitness I have ever made.

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
I started the 3 way this past November and have fallen in love with the incorporation of WMs for my lagging bodyparts.

What other muscle groups are you using WM's for? I understand if it is privileged information since you are working with a coach. But please elaborate if you can.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
That was great Turbo! I'm right there with ya bro. I'm taking a rest day today too. Tomorrow will be here soon enough. And that means SHOULDERS and TRAPS

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
What other muscle groups are you using WM's for? I understand if it is privileged information since you are working with a coach. But please elaborate if you can.

It is truly an individual thing where you incorporate WMs. But the general guidance on the 3-way is that you should not do more than two WMs per session. This is the "general" guidance but as you work through the session it may be possible to add in one more, but for the most part, you are going to be too fatigued to really get as much out of it as you can if you really put the effort required into each WM.

As an example, if you do a WM for chest and a WM for shoulders, do you really think that you are going to get a hell of a lot out of a WM for triceps? From all of the pressing, you are going to be so spent by the time you get done with your RP set you are hardly going to be able to lift your arms let alone do a WM! And do not think that you will get lagging bodyparts by not doing a WM for a given muscle group. My arms have grown over 1.25" WITHOUT doing WMs for them and incorporating WMs elsewhere.

EDIT: Figured I'd update this post with my training for tonight...

Hit bis, forearms and back. Crushed my biceps so bad the pump was painful. My arms were literally shaking doing hammer curls for forearms. I had to use straps for my back width work. Did wide grip chins with 70lbs strapped to me and got 8+3+1, plus a slow negative and static. I had a few guys I guess were around my age stop me between back thickness sets to question what the hell kind of training I was doing...they were pretty enamored by the freakish veins in my forearms lol 159lbs today fellas. I said I'd be 160 by the end of the week :)

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Be legs tomorrow am . coming to an end at this gym soon. Need some specialty bars to work around some "defects" from old injuries. Saftey squat bar , bull bar .
oh yeah deadlift plat etc. . Anyway I'm thinking about 6 sets hams up and down the stack first. gets my hips juicy for the quads. Then 2 sets 50-60 reps on exts. both drops to get my rep targets without rest . probably 2 but maybe 3 sets drp set rest pause hacks Using pre ex keeps me from loading 7-8 plates
and getting hurt this early back. back to leg curl slo mo's for pre ex for stiff legs . Few sets calves as i'm easing in and need my walking ability.
Hope with the gym change to ramp up into my old style of leg work.
Hit it hard . ok well wife be home from work in a little while .
I'm thinking she's gonna need some personel training tonight.
See you guys tomorrow.T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Damn turbo, sounds like you have a day of fun planned! Make sure you save some energy for the wifey later ;)

I'm just going to do some HIIT after work. I decided to take off work tomorrow and Monday is a holiday for me, so I am really looking forward to the nice long weekend.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Really good leg day . Simple and effective .Stairs were a bitch. Not quite like having to wait a half our to be able to leave but shit gimme some time.
Bout to fire up the grill sirloin and baked spud . Chest shoulder tri tomorrow am .
Talk to you guys soon. T

Gj

Jan 2, 2013
Also tore up some quads and hammies today. Gotta work on that hamstring drop for side poses.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Off from work today. Gonna crush legs soon. I'm honestly scarred right now. I have WM BB squats and my logbook has been giving me some evil grins lately.

I can almost guarantee I puke today. I've gotten in the habit of bringing a second intra workout drink on legs days because I often yak after my widowmakers.