©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks guys. I guess sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a ghost and all this has been a learning curve for me. I feel good today, so fuck it :action-smiley-033:

I had a kick-ass chest session today. My training partner is back from his Louisiana fishing trip so we pushed each other to the wall. A good spot makes all the difference. Did I mention it heals my mind too? Gotta love it.

You guys tear it up!

Anybody talked to T?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Tonight was chest and calves. Put the hurt on them both.
DB Incline press 4x10-12 *add weight each set
DB Incline flyes 4x10-12 * as above
Hammer Bench Press 3x10-12 *
Pec Deck ++ Done FST style 7x10-12, 30 seconds stretching in between sets
Dips 3x12

Standing calf raises 10x10 with 10 bodyweight floor calf raises in between sets while partner completes their work set - I go you go style.
Reduce weight after 4 sets and each set following to ensure rep range is met.
Seated calf raises 3x20 - same weight 45 seconds rest.

Miller time.

Amazing pump from the FST pec deck sets - real deep ache.

G.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
:food-smiley-004:

"Miller Time" is just me showing my age a bit. I don't drink any alcohol and I think I may have indicated in some posts that Miller Time* is a PWO shake.
Actually, studies have shown that one alcoholic beverage can inhibit protein synthesis up to 25% for 24 hours. So, instead of anabolism, the body's removing toxins. I work, eat and supplement too hard to ingest anything that will inhibit my progress.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I used to post in here- now I never do... I kinda feel like there is this morning coffee shop where a bunch of dudes meet up and I am the only one who doesn't go and I end up not getting jokes told later on because I am never around when the background story has been told.

Now that's I've cried about it.. I'm not lifting today, going to train some takedowns and no gi grappling this morning, then in the afternoon I have a boxing class I teach and some drills.

That's my training for the day

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I used to post in here- now I never do... I kinda feel like there is this morning coffee shop where a bunch of dudes meet up and I am the only one who doesn't go and I end up not getting jokes told later on because I am never around when the background story has been told.

Now that's I've cried about it.. I'm not lifting today, going to train some takedowns and no gi grappling this morning, then in the afternoon I have a boxing class I teach and some drills.

It's exercise, right?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008

Hey brother, sometimes, I'm just training my mind that day - for bbing or even just to be better tomorrow in some aspect than I am today. All good, glad to see you post man.
G.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
My legs are torched...
Last Night's session went like this, there was no rest between exercises
Hack Squats - fail at 12 reps
Leg Extensions - fail at 12 reps
Hack Squats - fail at 10 reps
Seated Leg Curl - Fail at 12 reps
Rest 2 minutes
Hack Squats - Fail at 8 reps
Leg Extensions - fail at 10 reps
Hack Squats - Fail at 6 reps
Seated leg curls - fail at 10 reps

Adductors and abductors - 2 sets each, done DC rest pause style
Free motion calf press 5 sets

Superset 1 - repeat 4 times
Plate loaded machine chest press hit failure around 20 reps, each set was followed partials and a static
Wide Freemotion pulldowns failed around 25 reps and did 10 partials

Superset 2 - repeat 4 times
Reverse Machine Shoulder press - failed at around 18 - 20 reps and did partials with a static
Seated machine rows - failed at around 23-24 reps and did a pulsing static after each set

Superset 3 - repeat 4 times
Triceps cable pressdown - failed around 21-23 reps and did paritals after each set
Cable Biceps Curls failed around 18-21 reps and did a pulsing static after each set

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Well Grim, I remember the Miller Time days on TV :)

Going to hit the wheels after lunch. Need lunch and a very potent iced coffee first. Yoawza!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Left T. a voicemail today, heard from IB that T.'s under the weather but both are OK. IB's been slinging the pig iron around - we spoke tonight by phone.

My good buddy grim! hey i'm rallying. sorry i missed your call.
I want to catch up soon. Yes ive had some health issues but
i'm fixing all I can. The Brick is a huge inspiration for swing for the fence and knocking the shit out of adversity. missed you guys . i'm heading in for a quick hit type chest. /shoulder work out. I need this place.
Why is it when we get busy we abandon our basic needs that get us through? Looking forward to catching up with whats happening with my buds here in bricks hangout., IB living large in the new diggs. WTF would we do without bigfoot? Be back later today..... I swear! lol
T

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Atom, I'd love to try some giant sets like that for legs
I could do it if we still gad the Flamingo Golds here
The one I train at now would be impossible cause the leg equipment is all over the place

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Back today, did lat pulldowns and close grip pulldowns before deadlifts kinda changed it up since someone was using the DL area. Dl's worked my way up to 495 steadily. Was a really good workout. Kinda nice shoulder did start acting up a little but not to bad. Shoulders tomorrow and I'll make sure to keep it lighter and higher reps

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Bi's and legs yesterday

Strength is starting to slow down as I is to be expected.
two or three more weeks of this style and then I'm gonna go back to my old style of volume.

The way I look at it, I should be able to do what I used to do but with heavier weights than I've used before.

Hopefully that will trigger another growth spurt.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Got in and did some chest work today.. Body has been feeling really banged up with all the Boxing and Jiu Jitsu I've been doing lately.

Had a mediocre cheat workout and then couldn't do much more cause of an injury in my right arm. So I decided to do a bit of leg presses before I cut out.

I put a 4 plates on each side and it felt way lighter than it should of, so I decided to have an impromptu leg day and I then blasted out some super heavy good sets of leg press.

UWe have a pretty bad ass leg press at my gym-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407950254.492740.jpg