©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Just back in from a chest workout... went pretty darn good for an old guy on chemo… LOL. Maybe a couple days off did me good. Shoulder was feeling better today. Makes all the difference! Left with a smile on my face and feeling good.

Good to see everyone here.
How's IB healing these days?

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Just back in from a chest workout... went pretty darn good for an old guy on chemo… LOL. Maybe a couple days off did me good. Shoulder was feeling better today. Makes all the difference! Left with a smile on my face and feeling

:headbang:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Now that is what I like to hear brick!

I had today off so made it an all out onslaught...
H/S Inc Chest (15-20RP) 11+5+3 then did another RP set an then drops
Low Incline DB bench (15-20RP) 10+5+2 did a second RP set and did drops after that as well
Incline Db fly widowmaker
Nautilus Shoulder Press (20-30RP) 13+6+3 and did another RP drop set
Upright Row (15-20RP) 11+5+3 and then did a second RP set
Side lateral widowmaker
Dead skulls (20-25RP) 12+6+3 with one drop after and another RP set like that
Seated cable triceps extensions (20-30RP) 14+6+3 and then did drops down the stack. repeated that for another set
Overhead triceps Ext Widowmaker drop set down the stack

I then had my post workout shake and carbs and stretched. Then it was time for the stepmill to work on the glutes... hit that for 20 minutes squeezing the glutes

Some pics from today...

3ama7emu.jpg

uhynehu2.jpg

ratu3epe.jpg

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Long day been up since 5:30 this morning and won't be to my final destination til around midnight. AA looking fuckin ridiculously lean

Brick dude you're constantly amazing me. The end is so close now brother. I don't know many people that could've gone through what u been through and stay so positive and whooped thus cancers ass. Look forward to working out with you t and ib one day.

Back to driving check in tomorrow.
P

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, your conditioning is inspiring! Great job!

Phoe, thank you. I'm just trying to get through this in a way that works for me. I still have some tuff moments mood-wise, but I'm OK. It would be an honor to train with you one day.

Jim, glad you dropped in!

Hoping to hit back later. Had a rough night sleeping. Maybe some deads and t-bars will cure that problem for this night's rest.

Let's do this brothers! have a great one!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Chest and tri's today

Hammer strength bench 5x12 last set drop sets stripping weight off each set to failure. super set dips

incline dumbbell presses 5 x 12 super set skull crushers

dumbbell fly's 5 x 12 super set tri push downs

35 minutes cardio and done !!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
How'd that back session go Brick? You feel good enough to get it in?

Well, I booked my hotel for May 30... gonna try to shoot for that show.

Last night I did some back and bis...
Incline Db curls (15-20RP) 11+5+2 (did two RP sets - second uses drops)
Hammer Curls (15-20RP) 12+5+3 (did two RP sets - second uses drops)
Neutral Grip Lat Pulldowns 2 RP drop sets first 10+5+3
BB Bent Rows 6 sets: 2x10, 2x8, 2x5
Free Motion Wide pulldown one RP drop set and one WM
Seated chest supported row one RP drop set and one WM

Did 20 minutes on the step mill after... Damn do i hate that thing.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Didn't train yesterday Atom. Fatigue had me down big time. I did train back today but it wasn't much at all. Really had to push to do anything. Rough couple of days for me here in Brick-town. Hoping for better times this summer. Counting down the weeks for this chemo to be done. Its getting a little old brothers.

Missing T and IB here. Hope all is well.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Didn't train yesterday Atom. Fatigue had me down big time. I did train back today but it wasn't much at all. Really had to push to do anything. Rough couple of days for me here in Brick-town. Hoping for better times this summer. Counting down the weeks for this chemo to be done. Its getting a little old brothers.

Missing T and IB here. Hope all is well.

How many more weeks do you have to go? It escapes me...

Had to improvise my leg session last night because the gym was insanely packed....

Seated calf raises 2 sets DC style
SS - Leg Press toe press 4 sets DC style
SS - Leg press 4 sets starting at 12 reps and working heavier

Russian Knee curls (15-20RP) 2 sets 11+5+3 No drop sets here as it can get dangerous

Smith Squats 4 sets 12, 10, 8, 6 then one WM

Smith SLDLs 5 sets of 8-10 getting a good squeeze and slow eccentric

Leg press 2 heavy sets or 10 and 8 then one WM drop set down the stack

Leg Extension drop set starting with a weight I could get for 15 reps and went all the way down dropping by 10 lbs then resting 15 sec, going again...etc.

Great workout despite not doing some of the things I wanted but I felt like I hit what I had to.

Where's the crew at?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Been working 14 hour days and not getting a lot of sleep. Hoping to get back in the gym tonight. We'll see about that later.

Might not be with this company long. My past with this company has creeped up on me because I failed a drug test last August for a prescription med that I had a legitimate script for. Now they're trying to say I falsified a document from the hospital. Fuckin wow. It has nothing to do with the drug test anymore. It has all to do with me being able to speak my mind and not allow management to push me around. Do me a favor and say a little prayer or something cuz I am really enjoying my new job. Its the same company just different divisions and the division manager from this division is trying to keep me. I've been a ball of stress since I got the phone call yesterday. Still working and trying to keep my mind busy but in need of a good workout just don't wanna blow any more money bills are coming due and I'll need every penny I've got.

Hope everyone else is having a better week then I.

Keep up hitting that iron wish I could and hopefully I will be tonight.
Thanks
P

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, I hate to hear that. This will pass and I am pulling for you. Its gonna land in a good place. Have the faith and smile. Sending good mojo you way brother!!!

Headed out to infusion in a few. Middle of May can't get here soon enough.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Phoe, I hated reading that brother... but try to center yourself and take a step back. Sometimes we have to swallow out pride and play the corporate game for a bit until we can seize our opportunity. Be cooperative but don't be a squid and do what is best for you and your family. Don't lose your cool and work with those above you to assure them you'll be the performer they expect. Try to connect with your prescribing physician and show them you are in the good.

Thoughts and prayers are with you that everything will be fine.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Its all taken care of just playing the waiting game. My manager wants to keep me and probably from what I've heard is gonna fight for me but in the end he has to do what he's told by corporate so we'll know soon. I go bills coming due as well as a pregnant woman I've gotta get insurance for. But out here we're not hovered over like the last place and its much nicer. Anyways hoping to get a good workout in tonight to lighten the load and take it out on some weights.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Oh man guys. I have had a stint of bad luck..lol.
Came down with flu/ hoping not pneumonia also but will find out tomorrow. Coughing so hard for days, zero sleep, fever, no appetite, cant even function ..im on slow mend I think but lung rumbling is still happening. But im good just know now a flu shot every year may help :)
Glad to hear the news Brick and happy to see everyone is still at it ..Atom dont get any more ripped or u may have to shop at kids are us..lol.knew u missed me too..
Stay tuned guys . Ill be back ! Happy late easter!.

Brick I got the pizza when u come. Roslyn Wa .where they filmed tv show Northern Exposure .1889 the brick was built. Cool place so I had to stop..lol.

Attachments

• 3204933879_87217ab889_z.jpg
    3204933879_87217ab889_z.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Oh man guys. I have had a stint of bad luck..lol.
Came down with flu/ hoping not pneumonia also but will find out tomorrow. Coughing so hard for days, zero sleep, fever, no appetite, cant even function ..im on slow mend I think but lung rumbling is still happening. But im good just know now a flu shot every year may help :)
Glad to hear the news Brick and happy to see everyone is still at it ..Atom dont get any more ripped or u may have to shop at kids are us..lol.knew u missed me too..
Stay tuned guys . Ill be back ! Happy late easter!.

Brick I got the pizza when u come. Roslyn Wa .where they filmed tv show Northern Exposure .1889 the brick was built. Cool place so I had to stop..lol.

Hope you get feeling better brother. Took the day off to rest but looking forward to shoulder day tomorrow!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, I really like Atom's advice. Couldn't have said it better myself. Hang in there. You will be fine. You have your manager at your back. Thats a huge plus. Smile and play the corporate song and dance. Its always something.

IB, good to see you drop in. Get better and back on track. Love that Brick bar. Had me smiling this AM. Much needed. Been a rough few days. Going to try to train later brothers.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I did miss you, you fucker IB!

I enjoy the process of prepping... there is something satisfying about enduring this.

Carbs were a little lower yesterday and it was hard to get the pump I wanted... I've been starting all of my chest session with some kind of machine press. I get a deep stretch and focus on the contraction and then do RP sets. It just seems to help activate my chest and get my shoulder girdle loose.

Incline H/S Press 2 RP sets 10+5+3
Smith Incline Bench 2 RP sets second was a drop set
Incline Fly WM
DB Shoulder Press 2 RP sets 14+7+3
Side Lateral WM drop set
Decline CG Smith Bench 2 RP sets, last one was a drop set
Overhead Tri Ext WM drop set

Had my PWO grub, stretched and then hit 25minutes on the stepmill

Happy friday everyone! Make the most of the day, time is precious and a moment lost can never be replaced