©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Well it's the only work out I get for yesterday a d today. Yesterday we did 4500' at the shope 4 am and home after 1800 hours. No time

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Matt, I think I am going to try the melatonin again. I do remember it gives me some crazy-ass dreams.

Atom, I'll take all those survivor stories I can get. It gives me strength about my future.

Had a good back session today. Started out a bit slow but once I warmed up the caffeine did the job and finished strong. Walked out with my back feeling swole.

Came home and pounded a protein shake. Just bought this blender @ Amazon and I love it. Pretty well built and simple. Switch with 'on' and 'pulse'. I like simple and easy to clean.

Attachments

• 71tfb+bTkPL._SL1500_.jpg
    71tfb+bTkPL._SL1500_.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 42

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
Brick I had the same blender for awhile the glass pitcher is great and works really well. I since moved to a blentec and this thing is awesome.

the best thing I found for a good nights sleep or should I say decent nights sleep is taking a little nap in the afternoon for some reason i sleep better at night on those days.

glutes hams and calves today went great got into it well.
lying leg curl 7 sets
stiff leg dead 5 sets
db lunges 4 sets
glute hypers 3 sets
standing calf raise 8 sets
seated calf raise 4 sets

day off tomorrow to get some early am cardio in. i love it, it lets me eat more stay leaner be more hungry and keeps my BP down I would never not do it. Way to many benefits

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
it's upsetting I like training 6 days a week. But with the job I can't. I like doing every part 3 times a week. But I'm falling short. But I want the money to.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
it's upsetting I like training 6 days a week. But with the job I can't. I like doing every part 3 times a week. But I'm falling short. But I want the money to.

Chill dude. Make the money while you can.

Life comes first.

I'm actually a little beat from work and was thinking of taking today off even though yesterday was a scheduled day off.

But I don't see a let up the rest of the week so I'm gonna go. There won't be any set extenders today.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Matt, I think I am going to try the melatonin again. I do remember it gives me some crazy-ass dreams.

Atom, I'll take all those survivor stories I can get. It gives me strength about my future.

Had a good back session today. Started out a bit slow but once I warmed up the caffeine did the job and finished strong. Walked out with my back feeling swole.

Came home and pounded a protein shake. Just bought this blender @ Amazon and I love it. Pretty well built and simple. Switch with 'on' and 'pulse'. I like simple and easy to clean.

Brick, I take melatonin once in a while. It seems to work for me the first time I take it, not like something that has to build in my system. It does make me sleep very good.

I used to take Zinc-magnesium-B6 before bed but that gave me some very vivid dreams.

As sandpig said, GABA is great. I have also used True Nutrition's sleep aid, great product right there.

My hunger has been through the roof lately... I know I had my kcals around 5,000, but I know i have been exceeding that by a long shot. I eat close to 1,500 kcals in the middle of the night (2 feedings 12:30 and 2:30-3:00)... and my post w/o meal is more than some females eat in a whole day!

I bet if i wanted to cut right now, it would be ridiculously easy as my metabolism is so used to this amount of food, if I cut it to 2,500kcals I would be stage ready in 6 weeks.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I forgot about TN's sleep aid. I have used it before and it worked pretty well. Think I'll give the melatonin a shot first. I have tried GABA and I was not too crazy about it as it made me feel weird. Maybe I didn't dose it right.

Gonna take the day off. After my marathon back session yesterday and chest the day before, I think I need it. Seems my recuperation times have slowed a bit at my age. I can tell a difference from even 10 years ago. Maybe its in my head.

Work has me stressed out. Budget cuts in healthcare these days is less money in my pocket and I am tired of the "faster and cheaper" thinking they all have now.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I forgot about TN's sleep aid. I have used it before and it worked pretty well. Think I'll give the melatonin a shot first. I have tried GABA and I was not too crazy about it as it made me feel weird. Maybe I didn't dose it right.

Gonna take the day off. After my marathon back session yesterday and chest the day before, I think I need it. Seems my recuperation times have slowed a bit at my age. I can tell a difference from even 10 years ago. Maybe its in my head.

Work has me stressed out. Budget cuts in healthcare these days is less money in my pocket and I am tired of the "faster and cheaper" thinking they all have now.

Brick, I read the back of a bottle of GABA wrong and instead of taking .5g, I took 5g. I passed out before I could make it my bedlol

I work in contracts and we have to have all of our obligations done by this Friday by midnight... I've been working late every night. Getting it done. I bust my ass at work just like I do in the gym. Nothing half ass.

Tonight we will be crushing some muscle rounds! Muscle round days are of favorites. We both leave the gym looking like we just crawled from a grave.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Chest and Gastrocs yesterday

Decline x4
HS Incline x4
Flat fly x4
Crossover x3
Pullover x1

One leg calf x4 followed by a BW burnout set
Seated calf x5

Up to 275 on declines. Not going to say it's a personal best but I'm sure it's got to be close. Remember I'm old, I can't remember everything. ;)

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Legs legs and some more legs.

I remember when I hated keg days. But I'm not saying I love or like them now. But there not quite as bad

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Slept good last night. No sleep aids either. I think I was at that point of just being really tired doing without good sleep the past few. Feeling good now. A morning coffee, get some work done and shoulders and traps after lunch. Gonna hit that one well caffeinated :D Not going to stress about my job either. Those pencil pushers can kiss my butt. I gotta a good life to live.

Chaotic... the only time I have lost my cookies was on a good leg day out in the gym parking lot. Good memories :headbang:

Let's have a great Thursday guys!

Last edited:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Morning all. Training partner almost puked two days ago during legs. He was green around the gills, but he got through it. I admit, I was stepping it up a notch and he was really feeling it. I have shoulders/triceps and traps tonight. Going to be a fun workout, intensity through the roof.
Guy I know from the place came over after I finished my work set on leg extensions and said "Hey man, you know why I like you?...Cause I can hear you screaming over top of everything else in here!" LOL I said "Thanks!" He knows if he asks me for a spot, he's going to work...
:D

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
muscle rounds last night did not disappoint one bit. Here was the order we tackled our exercises

Hack squats
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Donkey calves
Seated cable chest press
Free Motion shoulder press
Wide grip lat pulldowns
Seated machine rows
Spider curls
Seated cable skullcrushers

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit the delts and traps good this afternoon... Sometimes i really like training solo. Nothing to slow me down and I didn't today. Didn't need a spot either because I was going for the burn. Just me and sweat and the Stone Roses on the pod. Was anyone else at the gym? If they were, I didn't see them. Good one

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well arms today. FYI I forgot how much I hate people wtf just get the fuck outta my damn way mofo's

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Arms for me tonight too, and some traps. I had the magical moment of the new cycle tonight when you pick up the bar and everything feels lighter. Was able to do 12-14 reps with the same weight i was using for 8-10 last week, on just about every exercise. Love it. Its grow time now :headbang:

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
Had a dark cloud over me all day. I'm from NY and I was there on 9/11 and lived the aftermath as well. I fell this way every year without fail. I feel to many people forget about this day and how it changed everyones lives for the worse. They should replay those planes crashing everyday to remind alot of people.

I had to train today I do every year and I probably push more than most days. i feel I have to in a stupid way. I'm still here doing what I want while over 3000 are not. Why should I let up, who the hell am I to do that.

Trained arms, went awesome. Didnt go lighter either I went heavy as shit. I know I was grunting pretty loud at points but I didnt give a fuck. I was pumped.

Hug your family members tonight and everynight men we are the fortunate ones. Be safe and beat the fuck out of a terrorist every chance you get