©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Last night was chest and biceps, back after two weeks off.
We did volume, no training to failure, maybe one or two sets, but nothing insane. About 45-60 seconds rest on most. MAN I'm sore already today.
Flat BB Bench 5x12
Incline BB Bench 3x12
Decline BB Bench 3x12
Pec Deck 4x12
BB Curl 4x12
Seated Alternate DB Curl 3x12
One Arm Machine Preacher Curl 3x8-10
Cable Curl 3x12

I was cooked after that. Joints needed the time off although, they let me know they're not 100% after last night, but I'll not be abusing them. I likely won't do any direct delt work for a few weeks, focus on keeping my rotators happy and healthy and rely on my chest and back work for delt stimulation in my 'off season' routine.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a nice back workout. I really took care to not extend my arms all the way and stress/stretch that left bicep. Stayed lighter on the weight and rep'd the heck out of it. Last couple of sets I really squeezed on those last reps and my training partner helped me with some negatives. I was very happy considering my bicep injury. I think pushing some blood through there will help the healing too. Its still swollen on the inside head but seems to be improving.

Sometimes adversity is the mother of invention.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Quick gun show with some traps here in a few. Dont have enough time to hit it like usual, but hey better than not going and waiting till thursday...45 mins i can do about 20 total sets. Wish i was a millionaire so i didnt have to work, just lift weights for my job...then time wouldnt be an issue. A man can dream cant he?lol

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Matt, You and me both. I have thought it would be nice to retire and just eat, sleep and train LOL!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Legs last night.
Volume again - jumping right back into it. My repping weights are much more than previous which messes with me sometimes, but it's pretty cool I have to say.
Warming up on squats, only 225 on the bar, felt light like Styrofoam, right vastus lateralis gets a little twinge and POW, it pulls. Dammit. So, I do what any devoted trainee would do...'Rub some dirt on it and get back in there.' LOL
I knew I was slightly tweaked, but not enough to stop the workout, so...

Leg extensions 2x20,12 *warmup
Squats 5-6x12
Leg press 4x12
Walking Barbell Lunges 2x40 yds (approx.)
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 3x12

Nice, basic, TIRING.
We were spent and that one was in the books.

EDIT: ADVICE - This isn't to say that if you truly get injured to just ignore what your body's telling you. I've had to stop workouts in their tracks before due to real injuries. There are no prizes for working through pain and you could seriously hurt something or cause an injury to go from bad to worse. In my case, this was a knot, simple, small strain I was able to INTELLIGENTLY work through with not a great amount of discomfort. Additionally, I should add, I immediately iced the area once back home, took an anti inflammatory, iced upon waking and have a compression bandage to use periodically throughout the day. Be smart and if you do get hurt, don't ignore your body's signals - they're there to protect you.

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Covered up at work and i was planning on a rest day anyway... I'm hoping to at least get a walk in outside in the sun. Busy is good, right?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I was able to get away for 30 minutes and take a good power walk and soak up some sun. Helps the ol' job stress levels. Today its shoulders. The bicep continues to improve but I am taking care not to stress it so no shrugs today.

Make each one count!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Back yesterday today is arms had a really good back workout. I can always base it on how sore I feel that night, the amount of sweat and how sore I feel the following day

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
PRRS Power Week

Delts:-
Heavy Laterals (4x6)
Smith Military (5x5)
Nautilus Rear delt (4x6)
Incline Bench Rear Laterals (4x6)

Biceps:-
Incline DB Curl (5x5)

Triceps:-
CGBP (5x5)

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Got a great shoulder workout in. Lots of drop sets for a good burn. Even did some one arm dumbbell shrugs while sitting on the end of a bench at the end of the workout. Made sure I had some bend in my arm to not stress that bicep and didn't go over 75#. Did sets of 15 and loved it.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
I was able to get away for 30 minutes and take a good power walk and soak up some sun. Helps the ol' job stress levels. Today its shoulders. The bicep continues to improve but I am taking care not to stress it so no shrugs today.

Make each one count!

Getting outside in the middle of a work day for some fresh always makes such a difference. Anyway, I trained back today.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Arms and my daily 30 minutes of cardio today. Heading back home tomorrow after work so might either miss tomorrow or be a late night workout. All depends how I feel after work and the drive home

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
20 min. of steps helped to flush out the legs last night. I was still really sore from Monday today and legs as well. I decided to slam a shitload of carbs and immediately I felt more pumped, much less sore about 2 hours later and tonight we smacked delts and tris. That soreness reemerged a bit, but it was a rewarding sensation.
Going to eat my day's last meal in a little while after a soak.
Nite you monsters.
G.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Heading back to the gym today..

Going back to the low volume, high frequency routine.

Why? Well the program is laid out and I know what I have to do. When I'm doing volume, I tend to go overboard. Especially on days that I have no work and don't have to be out of the gym in a certain time.

Also, I'm running the Dr. G protocol of 100 Test and 100 Tren EW.

Been on it for a week. As it is now, I have no need for an AI at these doses.

I've been reading all his stuff and I really like a lot of his ideas. If I can afford it, gonna get Bloods done sometime in Nov. to see how its working for me.