©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Still kicking ass here... Training heavy legs yesterday with pump sets for upper body. Doing the reverse today...

My girl is making some awesome progress. I could not be more proud of her. Her hard work is showing big time....

Attachments

• Miss Mental Back.jpg
    Miss Mental Back.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 32

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
Yep

Well my gym doesn't have a standing calf machine do you gotta improvise
Im pretty sure you use this also but I use that bodymaster 300 squat for the standing calf raise stuff. I have never tried the hack though Ill try it next time

5 training days in a row, I usually dont do that but I felt good and powered through all good sessions.
glutes/hams/calves today
lying leg curls 8 sets
bb stiff leg 5 sets
db lunge 4 sets
glute hypers 3 sets
standing calf raise 8 sets
seated calf raise 3 sets

Going to take 2 days off in a row to rest up hope I can get through it without training!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yep today finally realized how bad my shoulder actually is when I could barely bench 315 3 times quite an eye opener. Gonna have to run some PEPs and try and get this shoulder back up to where it needs to be

Chest today and it was horrible

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
After max sent me the peps I think it is goint to be part of my normal supplements. I just have to try different combos to see what I like the best

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Oh yea guys, I use every other calf apparatus available
I really like a selectorized machine we have by Life Fitness but I love to mix things up

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Arm workout yesterday was awesome. Alternated Tri and bi exercises again. I really like this. Arms were so pumped by the end, they didn't even look like they were mine.

Smith Reverse grip Bench x4 (by far my favorite tri exercise)
DB Curl x4

Straight bar pushdown x4
HS preacher x4

Larry Scott extensions x4
HS selectorized curl x3

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, hate to hear that shoulder is not cooperating. Maybe switch to dumbbells for a while? Shoulders can be a bitch and this may take some time

Had a really good chest workout yesterday. Bench, dumbbell presses, dumbbell flyes and cable cross-overs. I put my angst to good use. Had a great pump and burn going. Didn't want to stop.

Looking forward to back today. My favorite.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Chest was great last night. We'd been using the smith machine for two weeks for incline barbell pressing to mess with bar placement on the sternum/clavicle and tempo. Weight was rising nicely, but the smith's tendency to remove stabilizer activation compared to a free barbell had me worried we'd be losing strength and technique on the incline bb bench would suffer. Guess I was wrong. Went to the free barbell incline press and OWNED the weight. ALL exercises added weight or reps, it was amazing, pump was incredible.
Tonight is legs and calves. Going to switch out some exercises for variety, but it's still pedal to the metal going to failure and beyond if possible.
KILL IT.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You're probably right but in all actuality I wasn't even trying to go heavy. Maybe I need to completely back off on going anything close to being considered heavy for a while and really try rehabbing it for a while. I'm also gonna try and run some PEPs to see of I can't get it back to working order. Sometimes my ego gets the best of me

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wheels earlier plus forearms. Did some lunges for the first time in quite a while. I forgot how well those hit certain parts of your quads. Think im gonna start doin those every other leg day cause they just seem to really pump my legs in areas that squats, presses, and extensions dont...got a hellacious day tomorrow so doubt ill be able to train, so hopefully thursday get into some arms and traps. Hope the weeks treatin everybody good so far, gotta be goin better than mine.lol

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit back today and turned into one of the best workouts I've had in a while. Training with one of the guys who's out here on the job with me. And walked out with my shirt soaking wet. Could've easily rang it out afterwards.

MattG lunges are one of my favorite leg exercises that I love to hate. Love the feeling afterwards but hate doing em. Look at everybody's workout routine that has ginormous legs and more than likely you'll see lunges worked in there somewhere.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Sholders and back today. Yesterday was an off day. I had 1 or 2 to many watching monday night raw and didn't want to get out of the warm covers at 0330.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, you and I must be on the same wavelength because I had a great back workout yesterday too. I did my usual rack reads, t-bars, dumbbell rows. hammer rows, close grip pull downs and straight arm push downs. I was in there over an hour and never did lose my pump. Feeling the tightness in there this AM. Love it.

Not sure if I am training today. I'll see how I am feeling. Been trying to include more rest days for recoup and up my calories a bit. I'll do a good walk in the sun today for sure. Its my vitamin D fix. Its harder to stay lean with no GH but I am a happy gym rat anyway.

Last edited:

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I'm about to call it a day now. But 8 have been at it for 80 minutes now and 5 minutes ago I just lost my pump. All of the sudden I felt cold it pissed me off.

My body is shaking I was gonna try to get it back but I think I will go eat and get ready fir work