©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Not till October

Yeah, my post was kind of two thoughts in one. Sry. They're broadcasting in October but we'll all know the results by then. I"m hoping to catch the stream on Saturday night. Maybe - maybe not. My wife and I have NO time to spend having a nice dinner with friends and she's more important to me than anyone holding the Sandow.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
As it should. If you would like to catch it. Set up a macro to record the stream when it comes on. So you can watch it when you have the time.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Whats up fellas. Beautiful sunny day here in Ohio, nicest day in a week! Gonna get into some arms and traps here in a bit, ready for an upper body pump, been 5 days since i did anything other than legs. Man, those lunges i did made a biiiig difference! Quads and glutes are sore as hell, and i was only using 50lb dumbells on those. Even had to loosen my belt a notch more cause pants fit tighter now.lol. have a good one bros

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
This week has been an awesome week of training thus far. Last night was all muscle rounds with a focus on legs.

Smith Squats
Leg extensions
Leg Curls
Calves
Plate Loaded chest press
Freemotion wide pulldowns
BB upright rows
Machine low rows
Cable hammer curls
Rope triceps extensions

Very happy with myprogress thus far and am staying quite lean. I really do get sick of eating at times. And right now, I just want a shake... I don't want to chew my chicken lol

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
This week has been an awesome week of training thus far. Last night was all muscle rounds with a focus on legs.

Smith Squats
Leg extensions
Leg Curls
Calves
Plate Loaded chest press
Freemotion wide pulldowns
BB upright rows
Machine low rows
Cable hammer curls
Rope triceps extensions

Very happy with myprogress thus far and am staying quite lean. I really do get sick of eating at times. And right now, I just want a shake... I don't want to chew my chicken lol

Good to hear bro. Seems this style of training has pumped you up mentally, you seem pretty stoked thus far. BTW, your lady is coming along nicely, it's nice to have a knowledgeable 'coach' helping her out as well.
Not to 'lift' what you paid for in Fortitude, but how does the above workout for example flow overall?
G.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Good to hear bro. Seems this style of training has pumped you up mentally, you seem pretty stoked thus far. BTW, your lady is coming along nicely, it's nice to have a knowledgeable 'coach' helping her out as well.

Not to 'lift' what you paid for in Fortitude, but how does the above workout for example flow overall?

G.

Grim, the program has 4 days (but we added a fifth lol). Days 1 and 2 are loading and pump days. In day 1, you start with heavy sets for legs, fail in the 6-12 range depending on the exercise. You also do adductors and abductors using DC rest pause sets. Then you do high rep sets with continuous tension and intensity methods like drop sets, statics, forced reps, 21s, partials...etc. for all of your upper bodyparts. Day 2 is reversed, heavy upper, pump lower.

Days 3 and 4 are muscle round days. These are the metabolically damaging portion but also have a good bit of mechanical tension and will induce a good bit of muscular damage.

We added in an extra muscle round / pump day.

This style touches on all avenues for hypertrophy and by using different styles on sequential days you stimulate the muscle differently and provide new activation patterns

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well killed arms today and what is this I did 20 minutes of cardio today. I actually hired someone to help me with nutrition and was told to start doing cardio 4 X's a week for 20 minutes. I was covered in sweat by the end.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a GREAT workout yesterday. Hit the shoulders and traps and upped my volume. Felt the strongest I have in a long time and was fairly pain-free after I warmed up. Warmed up with light laterals, then moved up to heavy laterals with drop sets to lighter weight and hi-reps to failure. Then on to smith machine presses with moderately heavy weight and hi-reps, then x-pulls on cable and front raises. Then it was time for shrugs and did 5 sets of heavy barbell shrugs after my warm-up set. Had some young guy ask me a couple weeks ago what I did for traps so it must be working :)

Planning on a gun show later today.

Phoe, is the plan to up the cardio over time to longer sessions?

Its Friday brothers. Lets make it a good one.

Last edited:

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Woke up today and felt tired as hell. So it's a day off. But i did do a late nighf cardio session with the wife last night. So you can say i did a workout.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Brick that's what he's got me starting out at. Now I would assume so but my job is usually a big cardio session anyways.

I did learn one valuable lesson do not mix preworkout and I neglected to read the label on the bcaa's I bought cuz they're energy too. Went to bed around 12:30-1:mad:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
What p.wo. did you mix? I've mixed a few once or twice. When im at the bottom of the can

I mix different ones all the time. But then again I train at 4 am so if I mix a "bad Batch" that has too many stimulants it's got plenty of time to wear off.

Even if I don't mix, I take double servings of anything I use anyway.

Only thing I really don't like is when I get too much Beta Alanine.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Delts and triceps were great last night. Wasn't as aggressive as I've been as of late, weights felt heavy, but they moved. Instead of a top set of overhead presses - a heavy 6-8, I used about 75% of that (which was my heavy 8 rep set a couple weeks back) for a set of 12 solid ones. Hey, that's progress man - a LOT of it. So that rep range got CRUSHED. :)
Was craving seated Hammer Strength Dips at the end of my workout and what was my 6 rep set two months ago (haven't touched em since) was a solid set of 12 which I killed. I love this shit. Tonight is back, going to kill it tonight - then two days of nice rest, recuperation and eating! :D Have a wonderful Friday brothers and sisters.
Grim