©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Sand, I have been doing those stiff arm pull downs too and I have been getting nice soreness. I threw those in after my close grip pull-downs didn't seem to be doing the job lately. I think my body was just used to those.

D2 - I have been doing the higher reps too (15) and I am loving it. I have really been squeezing and concentrating on the muscle contraction and going for that deep burn, rather than just moving the weight. I think its working too. I'm looking a bit better week by week.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Brick, I prefer the pullover laying lenght wise on the bench or even on a decline if you have a bench where the front is high enough to get a good stretch. Usually my tri's get pumped with the stiff arms especially with higher reps.
I had a great mind/muscle connection Thursday though.

Friday is usually a day off but I had no work so I went in and did hams and a little calf work. Now today I can just beat the hell out of my delts. :D

Seated curl x4
High leg press with toes off top of platform x4
DB RDL's x3
Single leg curl x2

That may have been the most sets I've ever done for hams. They are my least favorite BP to train.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wrapped the weekend up with legs just a few minutes ago.
5 minute warmup on stepper after stretching
5 sets standard squats
4 sets db lunges
4 leg press (duo press machine, alternating legs)
5 extensions
6 calf raises on leg press sled
4 seated calf raises
6 rounds of forearms, pvc wristroller with rope/plates

Im not big on doing hams either Sandpig, as you can see from my workout.lol next leg session I'll do some ham curls though. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit chest and calves and surprise surprise we got rained out tomorrow too so I got an extra day off to spend with the family:):):)

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
PRRS Shocked Week

Chest:-
Hammer bench (2x drop sets)
Hammer Incline (1x Dc Rest pause)
Neck Press + flyes (3x supersets)

Triceps:-
Overhead DB Extension (2x drop sets)
Nautilus Dips (1x DC Rest pause)

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Im not big on doing hams either Sandpig, as you can see from my workout.lol next leg session I'll do some ham curls though. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend

Dude, the more we keep posting in this thread, the more I think we'd make great training partners. :headbang:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Saturday was all delts. :D

Rear smith uprights x4
Rear laterals x4

Wide uprights x5
Laterals stopping at sides x4

Inc front raise x4
HS press x4

Pretty much straight sets except the last set of uprights, I threw in about 5 or 6 cheats in at the end.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Sunday quads only :love1::eek:

Extension x5
Sissy on hack machine x5
single leg press x5
Smith squat x5

I was wiped out after this. I dropped the weight I've been using on the extensions and made sure I got a hard contraction on each rep.

On the squats, I did my heaviest set then three higher rep sets after dropping the weight.

On the last one I dropped the weight again and only came up just past parallel. When I use the smith machine my ass actually touches my heels at the bottom. Even on the heavy sets.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Took a couple days off from the gym and worked on projects around the house. Needed a break from the weights, but I am ready to hit chest today. Looking forward to making a good one happen. I'm fired up already.

Lets kick this week off right brothers.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Yea have to do the same thing. On top of that I start PCT this Wednesday. It's gonna take extra pw powder to get me started ugg. But in November or December if i have my money right I will be getting trt. Found a local place in town that will prescribed injections. So then I'll just do blasting every now and then.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Had a damn good chest workout. Even threw in some triceps at the end.

Got my Pump Juice Extreme in Saturday. They were very fast (2-day delivery) getting it to me. I like it. Worked pretty well from what I can tell. Don't know that its any better than TN's Buzzsaw, but its good. Not sure how scientific a review that is because I had 2 days off before today's workout so I was already charged and rested. I did get my best lifts in today on chest since chemo ended in May. That left me feeling real good and smiling on the way out of the gym.

I'll try another dose before back tomorrow and see if I break my boundary and let you know

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I've been kicking ass! Eating a ton and growing!

I trainined in the AM today because I have to work until midnight...

Crushed upper body and then pumped lower body

Superset
Incline Plate loaded machine press
Freemotion Cable press/fly

Superset
Wide Lat pulldowns
Low cable rows

Superset
Freemotion Cable overhead press
Nautilus machine laterals

Superset
Lying Db triceps extensions
Standing Supinated offset grip DB curls

Circuit - High reps with partials and/or drop sets
Leg Press
Leg Curls
leg Extensions
Leg Press Calf Raises

6yga8apa.jpg

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Dude, the more we keep posting in this thread, the more I think we'd make great training partners. :headbang:

Id totally be down for that brother, if you didnt live 2000 miles away from me lol. i did live out in your neck of the woods about 7 years ago...

About to pound a big bbq chicken and potato dinner, then off to the gym to hit guns and traps. Got a new blender and 20lbs of gainer in the mail. Ready to step up the diet foodwise and also make sure i get 2000 extra calories via shakes every day. Hope the effort will be worth it, im sure it will. I always get 4000-5000 cals a day now, but never consistently got 7000+ fingers crossed!

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
D2 - I have been doing the higher reps too (15) and I am loving it. I have really been squeezing and concentrating on the muscle contraction and going for that deep burn, rather than just moving the weight. I think its working too. I'm looking a bit better week by week.

check out these vidz...

Toney Freeman. Chest workout. - YouTube

http://youtu.be/Kdv4xJTIzk0

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Arms yesterday

Rope pushdowns x4
Preacher curl x4
Decline extensions x4
Incline curls x4
CG Decline x4
EZ Curl x4

All straight sets with higher reps in the 12-20 range.

Damn great pump.

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Prrs shocked week

Back:-
Pull down (2x drop sets)
Hammer row (1x DC rest pause)
BB Row + bent over lateral (2x supersets)
Seated row (2x drop sets)

Biceps:-
Preacher + DB curl (3x supersets)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Today is a scheduled off day...

I worked until 11:00PM last night and could not sleep at all... I have to stay late at work again tonight, but should be home by 8:00 and I can't wait to relax with my lady...

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Sorry not much time to check in. Got a lot of forearm work clearing timber in the U P last week . Back in gym full time soon.. Miss you guys . Have a great week! T